Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At Least Musk Finally Admits The Truth

(01-15-2022, 04:18 PM)skyking Wrote: besides the romance aspect, robotic missions do it better safer cheaper. Working on AI seems far more productive for space exploration.

I hope manned missions have a led panel that says "Are you using Imperial or metric?" Dance
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Select Imperial
Led panel says "you gonna die"
test signature

Inventing the technology is the goal ...

NASA understands that we need to blow some smoke because most people don't get it. I call it "hollywood-ing it up" to sell it to stupid.

We need to clean this planet up before we go fucking up new ones . Humans are nasty creatures.
 All I know is that I know nothing

(01-17-2022, 01:27 AM)Antonio Wrote: We need to clean this planet up before we go fucking up new ones . Humans are nasty creatures.

Ah, the "We Can Only Do One Thing At A Time" school of thought.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

We can talk about multi-tasking.

When it comes to doing anything it seems beyond our capabilities.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Antonio, Vera, Thumpalumpacus

(01-17-2022, 12:42 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 01:27 AM)Antonio Wrote: We need to clean this planet up before we go fucking up new ones . Humans are nasty creatures.

We have a long history of trashing our environment . There is already a problem with space trash . I would say we can't even do one thing properly
The following 2 users Like Antonio's post:
  • Vera, BlackSheep

(01-17-2022, 06:15 PM)Antonio Wrote:

We have a long history of trashing our environment . There is already a problem with space trash . I would say we can't even do one thing properly

Most of the junk in orbit around Earth is from satellites colliding or disintegrating.

(01-17-2022, 07:15 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 12:42 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Ah, the "We Can Only Do One Thing At A Time" school of thought.

Most of the junk in orbit around Earth is from satellites colliding or disintegrating.

On what days does the junk man make his collections

(01-17-2022, 07:27 PM)Antonio Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 07:15 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 06:15 PM)Antonio Wrote: We have a long history of trashing our environment . There is already a problem with space trash . I would say we can't even do one thing properly

When you drive down the road are you confident that you will be 100% safe for the whole trip?

(01-17-2022, 07:29 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 07:15 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Most of the junk in orbit around Earth is from satellites colliding or disintegrating.

When you drive down the road are you confident that you will be 100% safe for the whole trip?

huh?

If that one thing is "leave no footprints", you're right. While we can clean up our Earth and practice reusable space travel eventually, we must first learn the lesson that -- to flip the computer-programming aphorism on its head -- garbage out is also garbage in.

We must learn that before we can do either clean space travel or cleaning up our own planet.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Antonio

I've used up all my optimism when it comes to human behavior . To deal with the conflict I now see humans much like a yeast . Gonna eat up all the sugar then go dormant . Evolution is working
The following 2 users Like Antonio's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Fireball

(01-17-2022, 10:02 PM)Antonio Wrote: I've used up all my optimism when it comes to human behavior . To deal with the conflict I now see humans much like a yeast . Gonna eat up all the sugar then go dormant . Evolution is working

We're not very different from any other species ... except I doubt we'll go "dormant". We'll go extinct.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Inkubus, Antonio

(01-17-2022, 07:29 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 07:15 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Most of the junk in orbit around Earth is from satellites colliding or disintegrating.

Not with all the assholes on the road.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Antonio

Quote:While he has faced criticism for some of his actions, Musk has made it clear that anything he does wrong is due to his Autism Spectral Disorder. While experts claim that things like hanging out with Epstein, scamming the public, lying about future projects, downplaying a plague and every other cunty thing he has done are not actual traits of ASD, Musk swears that it is and that you should let that affect how you see people with autism.

Elon Musk wins Time magazine’s Cunt of the Year
The following 1 user Likes Inkubus's post:
  • Antonio

And all the little animals had to die.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Antonio

(01-18-2022, 01:25 AM)Inkubus Wrote:
Quote:While he has faced criticism for some of his actions, Musk has made it clear that anything he does wrong is due to his Autism Spectral Disorder. While experts claim that things like hanging out with Epstein, scamming the public, lying about future projects, downplaying a plague and every other cunty thing he has done are not actual traits of ASD, Musk swears that it is and that you should let that affect how you see people with autism.

Elon Musk wins Time magazine’s Cunt of the Year

From the linked article:

Quote:His wealth is a mere side-effect of what his brain produces, which is just shit memes.

If that's all it takes to be a billionaire, where's my goddamned paycheck? I can shitmeme like no one's bidness.

And yes, I'm a cunt. But I guess I gotta up my game.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball, Inkubus

Speaking of trolls:

Quote:The billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk’s brain chip startup is preparing to launch clinical trials in humans. Musk, who co-founded Neuralink in 2016, has promised that the technology “will enable someone with paralysis to use a smartphone with their mind faster than someone using thumbs”.

Complete unmitigated bullshit! We are many years away from any such capability and his plans for a Mars colony aren't any more realistic. Link
The following 1 user Likes Inkubus's post:
  • SYZ

(01-15-2022, 03:49 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Scientists have discovered more about why space travel makes astronauts anaemic when they return to Earth...

In Musk's case, it's not blood cells he's losing... it's brain cells.     Tongue

Trivia time.  Musk comes from a gland next to the penis of a deer.  
Elon's parents weren't half creative were they?     Hmmm...

[Image: 13020-2021-457-Figa-HTML-1.webp]
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Make that bigger I cant read it. Tongue

(01-20-2022, 11:20 PM)Inkubus Wrote: Make that bigger I cant read it.

Right click, open image in new tab, and enlarge with CTRL and scroll. Thumbs Up
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Inkubus

I’ve seen some embarrassingly bad shit from Musk but fuck me has he excelled himself this time. This is the announcement of Musk's staggering* new creation:

EM,DW.

* It's shaking and vibrating like a Frosty Jack alchy but hay, that's the first rough development robot; the one that can walk.

Quote:This is actually the first time we’ve tried this without attaching a safety cable....The robot can do a lot more than we just showed you, we just didn’t want it to fall over.

At least it can walk that's half way to falling over I suppose.

Quote:That was the first rough development robot… the second one which is much more advanced

It is indeed a great advance, it's impossible for the latest walking robot to fall over, it has a length of iron pipe or something shoved up its hole to fasten it to the platform those four blokes dragged it in on. 

Quote:We intend to produce them cheaper than a car in high volumes, ultimately in the millions.

[Image: FLIGHT-ROBOT-INFRARED-INDUCTION-AIRCRAFT...-HJ822.png]

Meanwhile the latest robot from Boston Dynamics is fucking unbelievable.

Musk's unit is pretty lame. I wouldn't go anywhere near that Boston Dynamics robot when it was armed. So much safety fail in that video.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Kim

All I can say is, the boston robots are better dancers than I am Dunno

“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • Inkubus, Kim