Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A redditor visited a creation museum...

Taken from Reddit by u/xxxaria

i present to you all my CREATION MUSEUM PHOTO DUMP?? from my horrific family vacation. i’m spending the day at the museum and am going to the ark encounter tomorrow. thank god i’ll be 18 this fall and won’t be forced to come on another demented trip.

SO.MUCH.TO.UNPACK.

For the Americans here - how in fucks name are people allowed to do this? [create a 'museum' and sell incorrect information on science?]
The following 2 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • Bcat, Phaedrus

Free speech run amok. Don't you have religious eejits like that across the pond?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • OakTree500, GenesisNemesis

(06-09-2021, 07:01 AM)OakTree500 Wrote: Taken from Reddit by u/xxxaria

i present to you all my CREATION MUSEUM PHOTO DUMP?? from my horrific family vacation. i’m spending the day at the museum and am going to the ark encounter tomorrow. thank god i’ll be 18 this fall and won’t be forced to come on another demented trip.

SO.MUCH.TO.UNPACK.

For the Americans here - how in fucks name are people allowed to do this? [create a 'museum' and sell incorrect information on science?]

Over four and a half years ago we elected one of the stupidest people on the planet to be president, what do you expect.
                                                         T4618
The following 6 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Minimalist, brunumb, OakTree500, Bucky Ball, Gwaithmir

FreeDUMB!
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • RobbyPants

SO.MUCH.TO.UNPACK.

You guys aren't allowed to create museums and sell incorrect information on science?

SO.MUCH.TO.UNPACK.

If you can raise the seed money, con the city, state and county you're in to give you various tax breaks, beg for more money to keep it running from your knuckle-dragging followers, and then pull off an accounting fast one when the city, state and county realize they were lied to and they want their tax breaks back, you can build just about anything you like.
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

The last time I went to a Skepticon in Springfield, Il., I took PZed to a creation museum in rural Missouri. It was a converted storefront with a theater in the back. The staff were confronted with more visitors in one day than they had in a year. When they realized we were largely atheist they got that cornered rat look.
  • Gwaithmir

I don't have any answers for you but things like that make me shake my head. I especially could not stand looking at the take back the rainbow book they were holding. The ignorance of people is astonishing I think people should have the right to believe what they want to believe but I don't think people should be able to go quite this far, this is a bit ridiculous. There's just so much I could say but I don't really have the words. sometimes for me at least it seems like all the world really cares about is making money. Not being realistic. I first found out what creationism was by listening to Seth Andrews talks and you know, i was one a dumb person but holy hell that shits dumber than i ever was.
The following 1 user Likes TristanJ's post:
  • Deesse23

Thanks for making this thread, reminded me that I've been wanting to go there. Will do so later this year.

(06-10-2021, 05:02 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:

SO.MUCH.TO.UNPACK.

You guys aren't allowed to create museums and sell incorrect information on science?

This particular scam was supposed to make money. That requires a substantial population of believers or government funding. Britain has no substantial base of believers anymore and the government is highly unlikely to fund anything this likely to generate negative press.

(06-09-2021, 07:01 AM)OakTree500 Wrote: For the Americans here - how in fucks name are people allowed to do this? [create a 'museum' and sell incorrect information on science?]

We find the alternative, of government regulating on private property what can be displayed and in what manner, to be a nonstarter. Much as I detest shrines to stupidity, I'm free to not pay the entrance fee.

How would you suggest addressing this problem?

(06-17-2021, 07:23 PM)Mr Greene Wrote: This particular scam was supposed to make money. That requires a substantial population of believers or government funding. Britain has no substantial base of believers anymore and the government is highly unlikely to fund anything this likely to generate negative press.

Nine out of ten businesses, of any ilk, go out of business within two years. It remains to be seen how this one will play out. And quite frankly, I'd rather have fundy dumbasses spending their money in a craptastic museum than, say, donating to another Trumptard candidate.
On hiatus.

(06-09-2021, 07:01 AM)OakTree500 Wrote: how in fucks name are people allowed to do this? [create a 'museum' and sell incorrect information on science?]

This country has lost its way, and it's doubtful we'll ever get back on a more reasonable, properly progressive track.

(06-17-2021, 07:17 PM)Percie Wrote: Thanks for making this thread, reminded me that I've been wanting to go there. Will do so later this year.

Be sure to get their Super Shithead Discount!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

(06-17-2021, 07:17 PM)Percie Wrote: Thanks for making this thread, reminded me that I've been wanting to go there. Will do so later this year.

Enjoy your fleecing and let us know what you learn.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Gwaithmir

It'd save you money to just be ignorant at home I expect?
The following 2 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • Vera, TheGentlemanBastard

(06-18-2021, 10:17 AM)OakTree500 Wrote: It'd save you money to just be ignorant at home I expect?

He saw that he's not intellectually equipped to breathe and talk at the same time to discuss religion (or anything, really) and is now just randomly (and lamely) trolling the place. Much to no one's surprise Deadpan Coffee Drinker
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

(06-17-2021, 11:36 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 07:01 AM)OakTree500 Wrote: how in fucks name are people allowed to do this? [create a 'museum' and sell incorrect information on science?]

This country has lost its way, and it's doubtful we'll ever get back on a more reasonable, properly progressive track.

Thank you, Debbie Downer. Winking Having watched this country since before we had electricity I have heard such many times. I was assured that the peacenik movement was going to end up with us all "speaking communist."
  • Dom

Gawd that's just plain silly we didn't have the means then to fuck everything up .

(06-18-2021, 12:16 PM)Inkubus Wrote: Gawd that's just plain silly we didn't have the means then to fuck everything up .
ACW

Seen it, it was rubbish.

SO.MUCH.TO.UNPACK.

What a difference to my parents, who took me to the museum of natural history when I was very young. Dad showing me all the dinosaur skeletons and stressing they were millions of years old. Or our trips to the shores of the primeval ocean, where I used to collect stones with fossilized shells. I never grew up in the belief of some good poofing the world into existence.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The following 2 users Like abaris's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, SYZ

(06-18-2021, 03:10 PM)Inkubus Wrote: Seen it, it was rubbish.

Too much CGI? Thumbsdown

Good for you. Of course you will.
You can congratulate yourself there is no one here so proud of their stupidity as you are.
Test
The following 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • abaris, Deesse23

Mate... I seriously wouldn't waste your time.  All of these "creation" ventures have been set up
as (hopefully) massive money-makers.  They display so much pseudo-scientific crap that totally
defies all the physical evidence we've gathered over centuries, you'd be better off wasting your
time at Disneyland—where at least you know  everything's fictional.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Fireball

(06-19-2021, 12:57 AM)SYZ Wrote:

Mate... I seriously wouldn't waste your time.  All of these "creation" ventures have been set up
as (hopefully) massive money-makers.  They display so much pseudo-scientific crap that totally
defies all the physical evidence we've gathered over centuries, you'd be better off wasting your
time at Disneyland—where at least you know  everything's fictional.

If one looks at that "Creation Museum" Ark in Kentucky, even the least observant individuals have probably noted that it is supported by massive structures that would not be present in a real wooden Ark, especially in water. It makes me sad to see people follow that shit like sheep.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • SYZ