Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tres Leches, Mark

Tres Leches, Mark
@Tres Leches, @Mark

Haven't seen her in 4 months, Mark in about 1.5 months. You guys OK?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • skyking

Tres Leches, Mark
(05-17-2021, 08:27 PM)Fireball Wrote: @Tres Leches, @Mark

Haven't seen her in 4 months, Mark in about 1.5 months. You guys OK?

Yes, I have missed them.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Tres Leches, Mark
I do hope they're well.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 2 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Fireball, Cavebear

Tres Leches, Mark
(05-18-2021, 02:29 AM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: I do hope they're well.

Somtimes people just decide to take time off. I've been tempted recently.
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!

Tres Leches, Mark
Hello!
I received an email that @TheGentlemanBastard PM'ed me and then I saw this thread.
Mark is doing fine. We've kept in touch off AD, I haven't visited him though since about last October.

I was feeling verklempt about the coronavirus sometime around the new year and decided to step back. I actually went on an online blackout for a bit - no news, no social media, no nothing. I didn't know about the attack in January on the US Capitol until a few days afterwards.

The first part of this year was wretched. I had a breast cancer scare (lesion surgically removed, totally benign, yay).
After I got the all clear on that, I got the coronavirus vaccine. I got the Johnson & Johnson shot, what a relief! Then I woke up 4 days later to news that it was paused because of blood clot concerns. Just my luck.  Thumbsdown   Good thing I have a dark sense of humor!

Distance learning for my daughter seemed like it was going to last forever. But her school finally opened, albeit for 2.5 hours a day, 4 mornings a week. I'm still concerned about her educational progress with her school closed for over a year although it feels like screaming into the wind when I talk to most people about it.

But all in all, life is good. My circle of family and friends are virtually all vaccinated and we're back to our usual socializing, thankfully. The lonely times have been pretty terrible.

Ironically I made a cursory look at AD a week or two ago without logging in and didn't even see this thread. 
Cheers, @Fireball and @TheGentlemanBastard for asking about me.  Smile

Now where's that politics thread?  Smile

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom

Tres Leches, Mark
(06-11-2021, 01:03 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Hello!
I received an email that @TheGentlemanBastard PM'ed me and then I saw this thread.
Mark is doing fine. We've kept in touch off AD, I haven't visited him though since about last October.

I was feeling verklempt about the coronavirus sometime around the new year and decided to step back. I actually went on an online blackout for a bit - no news, no social media, no nothing. I didn't know about the attack in January on the US Capitol until a few days afterwards.

The first part of this year was wretched. I had a breast cancer scare (lesion surgically removed, totally benign, yay).
After I got the all clear on that, I got the coronavirus vaccine. I got the Johnson & Johnson shot, what a relief! Then I woke up 4 days later to news that it was paused because of blood clot concerns. Just my luck.  Thumbsdown   Good thing I have a dark sense of humor!

Distance learning for my daughter seemed like it was going to last forever. But her school finally opened, albeit for 2.5 hours a day, 4 mornings a week. I'm still concerned about her educational progress with her school closed for over a year although it feels like screaming into the wind when I talk to most people about it.

But all in all, life is good. My circle of family and friends are virtually all vaccinated and we're back to our usual socializing, thankfully. The lonely times have been pretty terrible.

Ironically I made a cursory look at AD a week or two ago without logging in and didn't even see this thread. 

-Teresa

Welcome back!   Hug
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Tres Leches

Tres Leches, Mark
Glad you're okay, my dear.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Tres Leches

Tres Leches, Mark
Happy to see your post!  Hug When you and Mark dropped off the earth, I feared the worst. There are a couple of other people who haven't been posting, so when I think of their names, I'll make a post about them as well.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Tres Leches

Tres Leches, Mark
[Image: yahoo.gif] Woo Hoo! Welcom back, T! [Image: yahoo.gif]
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 2 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Tres Leches, Fireball

Tres Leches, Mark
Cheers, I'm happy to see you guys again. Smile

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 4 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • abaris, TheGentlemanBastard, SYZ, Unsapien

Tres Leches, Mark
You were missed. Hug
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Tres Leches, adey67

Tres Leches, Mark
(06-11-2021, 01:03 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Hello!

-Teresa
Really glad you're back, don't be a stranger.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Tres Leches