Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When and where is your post-vaccination vacation going to be?

I'm going to Encinitas next month now that I'm fully vaccinated, visiting family there for a wedding. Will have good food and might as well do a little celebratory drinking.  Dance
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, skyking, Bcat

The restrictions on attendance at outdoor events will be lifted soon. The Twins aren't winning games, but it would still be nice to go to a game.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, skyking

Pffft. Who knows. I'm really reclusive at heart, and it's taken COVID to own it. Probably some family obligation, like a movie or dinner or something. I'm not really looking forward to anything specific.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 3 users Like c172's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, SYZ, Bcat

I'll throw some extra balls for the goddess...  Tongue
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:

(05-07-2021, 03:04 AM)c172 Wrote: Pffft. Who knows. I'm really reclusive at heart, and it's taken COVID to own it. Probably some family obligation, like a movie or dinner or something. I'm not really looking forward to anything specific.

I'm generally reclusive too but I also don't mind being catered to.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • c172

It would be nice if the San Diego Opera does one I can tolerate. LA will do something musical we can go to.
Otherwise, just the beach, which I would do anyway.
My brother wants to go to the Wild Animal Park so he can see his friends.
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

I had considered taking a European vacation tour a couple of years ago. My wife had one right out of high school, many decades ago. But given the political climate these days, I'm perfectly satisfied with a virtual tour instead. I guess we could hire some goons for security, but that would kind of ruin the gestalt.  Undecided
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Haven't gone to opera, but I do enjoy California Ballet Company in downtown San Diego. Their website has been completely dead for most of the pandemic. Kind of worry about them coming out of it.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 2 users Like c172's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Dancefortwo

I would like to spend some time in Austin this summer with my daughter. San Antonio is usually nice but I think I've reached the point where I like the idea of San Antonio more than I actually like San Antonio.
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

2021 is a bust for international travel. My wife's rheumatologist does not want her out of the country with her new meds for a while. We have several camping trips scheduled for this summer.
Next year we are going to visit our framily in the UK.
test signature
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

I have too many health issues for traveling. I'll be satisfied with just being able to get together with family and friends again, as well as resuming my activities at the local Senior Center when it reopens.  Consider
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:

I'll be taking a week of vacation and visiting with cousins up in Dallas once we get staffing issues at work ironed out.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

One mile from St. Louis, straight up. Open cockpit biplane. $250/hr.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus, skyking

Maybe Hyannisport--Martha's Vineyard.
god, ugh
The following 2 users Like julep's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Bcat

I'm just looking forward to having friends and family over without the fear of Covid looming in the background.
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

My two kids and their partners have all had their shots.  Hubby and I have had ours so we've invited them all over for a BBQ tomorrow.  Yay!  And there was much rejoicing.  Big Grin

Sometime this Summer hubby is going to suprise me with a trip  somewhere.  I don't know where we're going and I don't really care as long as it's a trip and we can get out of the house.  Unlike most of the people here I dislike being separated from people.  As soon as the movie theatres open I'd love to go see a movie.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Bcat, GenesisNemesis

We are in Sequim for a long weekend.
test signature
The following 2 users Like skyking's post:
  • Bcat, GenesisNemesis

I never went anywhere on vacation before the pandemic, so it follows to reason.......

The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Got both of my Modernas. Last one April 14th. I am free. FREE I tell you. But I'm gonna still wear a mask. Makes people free safer around here. In the past year, I have never seen a person not wearing a mask in Maryland stores and I don't want to frighten anyone now.
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!
The following 2 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • Bcat, GenesisNemesis

October -- there's a convention I always attend in late October, and if we can meet in person I'll be there.

Meanwhile, the convention that I attend in June has been moved to... October.

And the ticket to see Neil deGrasse Tyson in March 2020 got rescheduled to October 2020, then to March 2021 and now it's... this October.
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 2 users Like trdsf's post:
  • Cavebear, GenesisNemesis

(05-14-2021, 08:10 AM)trdsf Wrote: October -- there's a convention I always attend in late October, and if we can meet in person I'll be there.

And the ticket to see Neil deGrasse Tyson in March 2020 got rescheduled to October 2020, then to March 2021 and now it's... this October.

What purpose convention and where? I would like to meet De Grasse. I mean, I KNEW he was the only right person to redo Cosmos before I had a clue anyone would. He was "just right".
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(05-14-2021, 08:20 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 08:10 AM)trdsf Wrote: October -- there's a convention I always attend in late October, and if we can meet in person I'll be there.

What purpose convention and where?  I would like to meet De Grasse.  I mean, I KNEW he was the only right person to redo Cosmos before I had a clue anyone would.  He was "just right".

Both are here in town.

The normal October one is Ohio Valley Filk Fest, which is basically a music convention for SF/fantasy fans.  That's a terribly incomplete definition, but anything more accurate will rapidly turn into tl;dr  Smile They haven't committed to an in-person convention yet; they're going to make the decision on June 1.  I'm hoping.  The virtual con last October was great, but this is my never-miss event.  I've been to every one since 1990.

The time-shifted convention is Origins Game Fair, which is usually in June but will this year be 9/30-10/3.  I'm not much of a gamer anymore, but I love the Dealers Room, and I never miss the Smithee Awards.

And I'm glad I looked, Neil's been rescheduled to September, not October.
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

(05-14-2021, 08:31 AM)trdsf Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 08:20 AM)Cavebear Wrote:

What purpose convention and where?  I would like to meet De Grasse.  I mean, I KNEW he was the only right person to redo Cosmos before I had a clue anyone would.  He was "just right".

Both are here in town.

The normal October one is Ohio Valley Filk Fest, which is basically a music convention for SF/fantasy fans.  That's a terribly incomplete definition, but anything more accurate will rapidly turn into tl;dr  Smile They haven't committed to an in-person convention yet; they're going to make the decision on June 1.  I'm hoping.  The virtual con last October was great, but this is my never-miss event.  I've been to every one since 1990.

The time-shifted convention is Origins Game Fair, which is usually in June but will this year be 9/30-10/3.  I'm not much of a gamer anymore, but I love the Dealers Room, and I never miss the Smithee Awards.

OK, but not driving to OHIO. Tell me when it is near DC.
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(05-14-2021, 09:06 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 08:31 AM)trdsf Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 08:20 AM)Cavebear Wrote: What purpose convention and where?  I would like to meet De Grasse.  I mean, I KNEW he was the only right person to redo Cosmos before I had a clue anyone would.  He was "just right".

Both are here in town.

OK, but not driving to OHIO.  Tell me when it is near DC.

Those are always in Ohio, sorry.  We were supposed to have NASFIC here last year, but COVID ate that -- there's a NASFIC (North American Science FIction Convention) whenever Worldcon is held overseas.  I'm hoping we get a mulligan on that one.

Now, the 2021 Worldcon is going to be in DC this year, in December

The cemetery....... Nah, only kidding, I won't be going anywhere, holidays are over rated expensive forms of guff and I just don't get why they're so popular I haven't had one in well over a decade and I haven't missed it but each to their own.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 2 users Like adey67's post:
  • Fireball, GenesisNemesis