Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Hit Us And Get It Over With!

I agree with the title. It took me a month to wrap my head around the camel system. Now they want me to use walrus? Not just regular walrus either but partial ones. These god damned scientific advances in mathematics just need to stop. Come on asteroid. It's time to end this shit.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
The following 4 users Like PopeyesPappy's post:
  • Fireball, Minimalist, Inkubus, Thumpalumpacus

(05-20-2023, 07:40 PM)Minimalist Wrote: If you haven't seen "Don't Look Up," go find it. 

Much like Idiocracy, it was not supposed to be prophetic but something tells me it will be if a giant space rock is ever really headed our way.

Yeah, asshats like musk would probably  argue to let it hit the earth even if we did have the technology to stop it, and try to mine the crash site. Especially if it's  "just" a " little one", screw whoever is at ground  zero.
[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

(05-20-2023, 04:43 PM)Minimalist Wrote: https://nordot.app/1032459013795840980?c...7532812385

"Formidable asteroid to hurl past Earth Sunday, 4 others approaching this weekend"

Quote:An asteroid by the name of 2023 JK is expected to zip past Earth on Sunday, missing our planet by just a little more than a million miles.
According to NASA, 2023 JK is roughly the size of a commercial jet. Or, as The Jerusalem Post measures it, the length of 18 adult male Pacific walruses. Laying in a row. Heads and tusks down.
Also passing by on Sunday, and clocking in at roughly the same size as 2023 JK, will be asteroid JD4. It’ll miss the Earth by nearly twice the distance of 2023 JK.

Noooooo!

I wanted to visit Barcelona.... Sadcryface

(05-25-2023, 11:29 AM)PopeyesPappy Wrote: I agree with the title. It took me a month to wrap my head around the camel system. Now they want me to use walrus? Not just regular walrus either but partial ones. These god damned scientific advances in mathematics just need to stop. Come on asteroid. It's time to end this shit.

Hey, if we can use "horsepower", we can use walruses too. "The new Russian SS-28 missile carries 17 walruses of explosive power in each of its 6 MIRV warheads."

To be fair, I don't want to get hit by even one walrus big enough to survive reentry.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • pattylt