Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI programmers GPU question (tensorFlow)
Question 
My brother needs a new computer. He is semi-retire, does AI type programming for fun, his current PC isn't up to the task. We are planning on buying and/or building him something for Christmas, and I need some feedback on GPU's. Apparently what he cares about is TensorFlow which I know absofuckinglutely nothing about. 

I think I have 2 choices in about the same price range. GeForce RTX 3070 versus Quadro RTX 4000. The 3070 is built for gaming. The 4000 appears to be purpose built for his application. BUT the 3070 has twice the number of cores as the 4000. Any feedback on which direction I need to go here would be mucho appreciated. I can't ask my brother because this is a surprise.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
The following 1 user Likes PopeyesPappy's post:
  • Little Lunch

I found my answer here.

Apparently the Quadro RTX 4000 is only a good option if you are going to parallel several of them.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
The following 3 users Like PopeyesPappy's post:
  • Mathilda, Little Lunch, Dom

I understand nothing of which you say but I love that your family is going to such an effort to surprise your brother for x-mas.
The following 3 users Like Little Lunch's post:
  • Dom, Mathilda, Dānu