Atheist Discussion

Full Version: Religitards starve for 60 days ....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
... and you get to die and meet Jebus. Facepalm

https://www.insider.com/kenya-21-dead-fr...sus-2023-4
Hitchens was right. Religion poisons everything.
I think it is a wonderful idea.

Hell, over here you don't even have to starve.  Pick up on of the 400 million guns laying around and blow your brains out.  This "jesus" asshole will be glad to see you.
Stupidity is one of nature's many talented agents employed at the Department of Population Control.
(04-24-2023, 09:30 PM)no one Wrote: [ -> ]Stupidity is one of nature's many talented agents employed at the Department of Population Control.

Doesn't seem to be working too well, still 8 billion people.
So that's how the stupid people get weeded out.

I see now.
No, you don't understand!

God commanded it! A clergyman said that God commanded it, so it has to be so!

I mean, what's the alternative to that sort of automatic trust? If we don't blindly believe the priesthood on everything they say, what is to stop us from doubting them on core concepts like the truth of the Bible, the existence of their God, or (Heaven forbid!) the command to give 10% of our money to the clergy telling us we have to give them 10% of our money?
(04-25-2023, 01:22 AM)Joods Wrote: [ -> ]So that's how the stupid people get weeded out.

I see now.
More or less. However the leader of this cult must be quite a skilled manipulator, because even stupid people have a strong impulse to eat.
I bet that preacher didn't miss any meals!
(04-25-2023, 12:59 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2023, 09:30 PM)no one Wrote: [ -> ]Stupidity is one of nature's many talented agents employed at the Department of Population Control.

Doesn't seem to be working too well, still 8 billion people.

If some small percent of truly stupid people want to remove themselves from our world, I sure won't complain.
It was the plot line of Idiocracy... which was not supposed to be a prediction of future events when it was made in 2006.

Today, first world nations see declining birth rates while the third world continues to fuck itself into oblivion.
Is this case deserving of a Darwin Award?
Certainly.
(04-29-2023, 10:05 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: [ -> ]Is this case deserving of a Darwin Award?

Nope.

Darwin Awards only go to accidentally dying (or other removal from the gene pool) through your own stupidity, not intentionally dying through your own stupidity.  Breathtarians starving themselves to death in the belief they'll be fine might qualify, but cultists starving themselves to death in the belief that dying will unite them with Jesus do not.  Also, they killed a few kids in the process, and killing innocent bystanders disqualifies you.  (Yes, including kids carrying your genes.  Them's the rules.)
Quote:The death toll linked to a doomsday cult in Kenya hit 201 Saturday after police exhumed 22 more bodies, most of them bearing signs of starvation, according to the coast regional commissioner.

The bodies are believed to be those of followers of a pastor based in coastal Kenya, Paul Mackenzie. He's alleged to have ordered congregants to starve to death in order to meet Jesus.

More than 600 people are still missing.

ABC News
(04-29-2023, 11:35 PM)Reltzik Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2023, 10:05 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: [ -> ]Is this case deserving of a Darwin Award?

Nope.

Darwin Awards only go to accidentally dying (or other removal from the gene pool) through your own stupidity, not intentionally dying through your own stupidity.  Breathtarians starving themselves to death in the belief they'll be fine might qualify, but cultists starving themselves to death in the belief that dying will unite them with Jesus do not.  Also, they killed a few kids in the process, and killing innocent bystanders disqualifies you.  (Yes, including kids carrying your genes.  Them's the rules.)

I don't know...I think I'd give them an Honorable Mention.

Or Dishonorable Mention.
Or at least a participation award.
Oh the Kenyan thing.

Haven't autopsies shown that there was organ legging on the side as well?

Yah, maximally great profits for Jeebus it would seem... Consider 

Cheers.
(05-13-2023, 11:41 PM)Minimalist Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2023, 11:35 PM)Reltzik Wrote: [ -> ]Nope.

I don't know...I think I'd give them an Honorable Mention.

Or Dishonorable Mention.

Darwin Award, yes.  It is for stupidity that results in self-removal from the gene pool.  I think "starvation for Jesus" counts.   Smile
(05-14-2023, 01:04 AM)Peebothuhlu Wrote: [ -> ]Oh the Kenyan thing.

Haven't autopsies shown that there was organ legging on the side as well?

The ABC News article I quoted above also said this: "Autopsies conducted on more than 100 bodies last week showed the victims died of starvation, strangulation, suffocation and injuries sustained from blunt objects. Local media outlets have been reporting cases of missing internal body organs, quoting investigators in the case."