Atheist Discussion

Full Version: Cannabis chat.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A place for stoners and non stoners to discuss all things marijuana related, favourite strains, beneficial effects, non beneficial effects, hash, oil, kief, edibles, joints, pipes and bongs, strange experiences, munchies etc etc, all are welcome to the table. I'll see you down the rabbit hole with Alice.
I've never used it, intentionally.  When I was in college the dorm reeked of it and I did not like the smell.  However, I don't begrudge anyone else the opportunity if they so desire. To each his own.
I use it both medically and recreationally.
I smoked a lot in high school. We'd go over to the creek and get stoned during sixth period. I took the bus home wearing soaking wet pants more times than I can count. I enjoyed it then, but it tends to make me paranoid and depressed if the setting isn't right. One birthday my friend from high school came by and treated me to some Thai stick. I went back inside and watched the Wizard of Oz. First I was having trouble understanding complete sentences. Soon I was having trouble understanding individual words. Good times.
(03-18-2023, 09:17 PM)adey67 Wrote: [ -> ]A place for stoners and non stoners to discuss all things marijuana related, favourite strains, beneficial effects, non beneficial effects, hash, oil, kief, edibles, joints, pipes and bongs, strange experiences, munchies etc etc, all are welcome to the table. I'll see you down the rabbit hole with Alice.

Does ancient (late 60s) experience count? I hope so. I was at college then, and it was the new cool thing then.

1. "Am I high yet"? How do I tell? (senior guy: "you'll know").

2. Took 3 tries. Suddenly, it hit me. Mellow...

3. Bongs. Wow!

4. Hash. Shared it with a friend the first time. As I left, the music was 'White Rabbit'. I waved goodbye as I left and leaned against the doorframe briefly. The doorframe was a little further away than I thought. MY recollection was that I fell off a cliff in slow motion into a verdant valley below, full of tropical parrots and lush plants. THEIR crude interpretation was that I fell to the floor. I like my version somewhat better.
(03-18-2023, 10:55 PM)Dānu Wrote: [ -> ]I smoked a lot in high school.  We'd go over to the creek and get stoned during sixth period.  I took the bus home wearing soaking wet pants more times than I can count.  I enjoyed it then, but it tends to make me paranoid and depressed if the setting isn't right.  One birthday my friend from high school came by and treated me to some Thai stick.  I went back inside and watched the Wizard of Oz.  First I was having trouble understanding complete sentences.  Soon I was having trouble understanding individual words.  Good times.

Too much, too strong. It's not what it used to be. Now it's to be used very sparingly, and there are a ton of different strains, and some make you tired, and some let you do anything and enjoy it more, etc. It's hard to know your way around anymore. Sounds like you had too much of a knock-out strain. I don't like those at all, unless I am planning to go to bed and just want to sleep well.
(03-18-2023, 11:41 PM)Cavebear Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2023, 09:17 PM)adey67 Wrote: [ -> ]A place for stoners and non stoners to discuss all things marijuana related, favourite strains, beneficial effects, non beneficial effects, hash, oil, kief, edibles, joints, pipes and bongs, strange experiences, munchies etc etc, all are welcome to the table. I'll see you down the rabbit hole with Alice.

Does ancient (late 60s) experience count?  I hope so.  I was at college then, and it was the new cool thing then.

1.  "Am I high yet"?  How do I tell?  (senior guy: "you'll know").

2.  Took 3 tries.  Suddenly, it hit me.  Mellow...

3.  Bongs.  Wow!

4.  Hash.  Shared it with a friend the first time.  As I left, the music was 'White Rabbit'.  I waved goodbye as I left and leaned against the doorframe briefly.  The doorframe was a little further away than I thought.  MY recollection was that I fell off a cliff in slow motion into a verdant valley below, full of tropical parrots and lush plants.  THEIR crude interpretation was that I fell to the floor.  I like my version somewhat better.

That doesn't sound like hash. Must have been cut with something.

I smoked when young in Europe, and it was all kinds of hash. Hash doesn't cause hallucinations.
(03-19-2023, 01:52 AM)Dom Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2023, 11:41 PM)Cavebear Wrote: [ -> ]Does ancient (late 60s) experience count?  I hope so.  I was at college then, and it was the new cool thing then.

1.  "Am I high yet"?  How do I tell?  (senior guy: "you'll know").

2.  Took 3 tries.  Suddenly, it hit me.  Mellow...

3.  Bongs.  Wow!

4.  Hash.  Shared it with a friend the first time.  As I left, the music was 'White Rabbit'.  I waved goodbye as I left and leaned against the doorframe briefly.  The doorframe was a little further away than I thought.  MY recollection was that I fell off a cliff in slow motion into a verdant valley below, full of tropical parrots and lush plants.  THEIR crude interpretation was that I fell to the floor.  I like my version somewhat better.

That doesn't sound like hash. Must have been cut with something.

I smoked when young in Europe, and it was all kinds of hash. Hash doesn't cause hallucinations.

It was tiny olive-green brick like thumbnail-size and we smoked it. Did I get something weirder than I knew? Of course, maybe I just had a great imagination waiting to escape...
(03-19-2023, 01:50 AM)Dom Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2023, 10:55 PM)Dānu Wrote: [ -> ]I smoked a lot in high school.  We'd go over to the creek and get stoned during sixth period.  I took the bus home wearing soaking wet pants more times than I can count.  I enjoyed it then, but it tends to make me paranoid and depressed if the setting isn't right.  One birthday my friend from high school came by and treated me to some Thai stick.  I went back inside and watched the Wizard of Oz.  First I was having trouble understanding complete sentences.  Soon I was having trouble understanding individual words.  Good times.

Too much, too strong. It's not what it used to be. Now it's to be used very sparingly, and there are a ton of different strains, and some make you tired, and some let you do anything and enjoy it more, etc. It's hard to know your way around anymore. Sounds like you had too much of a knock-out strain. I don't like those at all, unless I am planning to go to bed and just want to sleep well.
If I recall correctly Thai sticks in the Vietnam war as used by the troops contained not only weed but weed dipped in opium. I watched a documentary about troops smoking it and always thought it galactically stupid to be stoned on patrol surrounded by jungle, firearms, high explosives and motivated guerrilla fighters.
(03-19-2023, 02:02 AM)Cavebear Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2023, 01:52 AM)Dom Wrote: [ -> ]That doesn't sound like hash. Must have been cut with something.

It was tiny olive-green brick like thumbnail-size and we smoked it.  Did I get something weirder than I knew?  Of course, maybe I just had a great imagination waiting to escape...

Green and hard as a brick was from Turkey. I didn't know the weed in Vietnam was cut with opium, but I do know that much of the hash out of turkey was. You must have had some of that. Back then it was easy to mix dope with all kinds of stuff, and many of us had no knowledge of those things.
My houseboy grows his own marijuana. You're allowed to grow a limited amount for your own use in Massachusetts, provided you're not selling it. He once offered me some to relieve my arthritis, but I declined. I'm afraid it might interact negatively with all the meds I presently have to take.
I haven't smoked in a couple of months. Before this year, I'd been a regular smoker for the last four years or so. I've smoked off-and-on since high school, and could always take it or leave it. I quit smoking out about a year before I enlisted, and didn't smoke for ten years.

I enjoy getting high and playing my guitar, or keys when I owned a keyboard. I've recorded some of those times, and while they were fun while in the moment, the music was often quite, uh, unlistenable. But when I'm on, man, I am on.
(03-19-2023, 01:30 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: [ -> ]My houseboy grows his own marijuana. You're allowed to grow a limited amount for your own use in Massachusetts, provided you're not selling it. He once offered me some to relieve my arthritis, but I declined. I'm afraid it might interact negatively with all the meds I presently have to take.

It is not known to interact with any meds. If I were you, I'd give it 3 tries. I use it for that and it helps me hugely.
(03-19-2023, 01:30 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: [ -> ]My houseboy grows his own marijuana. You're allowed to grow a limited amount for your own use in Massachusetts, provided you're not selling it. He once offered me some to relieve my arthritis, but I declined. I'm afraid it might interact negatively with all the meds I presently have to take.

You're too cautious. It'd probably not be serious. Make you go blind or some such. You shouldn't worry so much.
(03-19-2023, 04:40 PM)Dom Wrote: [ -> ]

It is not known to interact with any meds. If I were you, I'd give it 3 tries. I use it for that and it helps me hugely.

This is true, I'm on an antipsychotic for sleep (quetiapine) an antidepressant (mirtazapine) and an anti anxiolytic (Lyrica/pregabalin) and weed interacts with none of them.... actually that's not quite true, the weed enhances the effects of all three without side effects or hangover. I only started smoking weed regularly since November and I can honestly say I haven't felt this good in years, the horrible soul and mind crushing depression has lifted, the panic attacks have gone, as has the insomnia I feel awake, cheerful and positive.
It was well worth starting the thread just to share that last post, Adey.
I hope to try it again soon, once I quit drug testing for work. My wife uses capsules with a blend of CBD and THC to help with her rheumatoid arthritis and it has been good for her. She sleeps through the night now. Her hands would wake her in the night and she would run water on them or just not sleep.
(03-19-2023, 06:41 PM)Dānu Wrote: [ -> ]Make you go blind or some such.  You shouldn't worry so much.

I was seventeen when I stopped believing that.

Fucking nuns.

These videos are very interesting this is about weed in Jamaica but there are videos about weed in Morocco, Columbia, South Africa, Swaziland etc etc.
(03-19-2023, 04:40 PM)Dom Wrote: [ -> ]

It is not known to interact with any meds partially because there is very little research on cannabis' interactions with meds.

Example: I smoke weed on a regular basis, and I have a kidney transplant. My cannabis habits predate my kidney issues, and I was honest with my nephrologists about my weed usage. Basically, they said it's okay to do as long as it doesn't impact the immunosuppresants I have to take to keep the transplant functional. 

Problem? They have absolutely no clue if it does or not. So I'm actually part of a study, right now, to see if cannabis has any affects on these meds because the research doesn't currently exist. So far it actually does appear to have minor impacts on the levels of Prograf in my blood - not a horribly significant impact, but worth noting.

So I would consult with a doctor before assuming weed won't interact with meds, because we don't know enough about weed to say.
Today is the first Monday of my retirement. I'm high right now!
(03-20-2023, 06:03 PM)rocinantexyz Wrote: [ -> ]Today is the first Monday of my retirement. I'm high right now!

Enjoy it my friend, I've just ordered some more as I'm going to a friend's on Friday and we are going to get FUBAR.
(03-20-2023, 05:51 PM)Aegon Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2023, 04:40 PM)Dom Wrote: [ -> ]It is not known to interact with any meds. If I were you, I'd give it 3 tries. I use it for that and it helps me hugely.

It is not known to interact with any meds partially because there is very little research on cannabis' interactions with meds.

Example: I smoke weed on a regular basis, and I have a kidney transplant. My cannabis habits predate my kidney issues, and I was honest with my nephrologists about my weed usage. Basically, they said it's okay to do as long as it doesn't impact the immunosuppresants I have to take to keep the transplant functional. 

Problem? They have absolutely no clue if it does or not. So I'm actually part of a study, right now, to see if cannabis has any affects on these meds because the research doesn't currently exist. So far it actually does appear to have minor impacts on the levels of Prograf in my blood - not a horribly significant impact, but worth noting.

So I would consult with a doctor before assuming weed won't interact with meds, because we don't know enough about weed to say.

Sound advice brother, the only issue I personally would have with that is that it's been my experience with doctors both as a patient and a former RN that 90+% of them are not 420 friendly, but perhaps things are different in the US, here in the UK weed is blamed for a multitude of problems, it wouldn't surprise me if they blamed it for every everything up to and including rabies and ebola.

Edited for grammatical errors
(03-20-2023, 07:35 PM)adey67 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2023, 05:51 PM)Aegon Wrote: [ -> ]It is not known to interact with any meds partially because there is very little research on cannabis' interactions with meds.

Sound advice brother, the only issue I personally would have with that is that it's been my experience with doctors both as a patient and a former RN is that 90+% of them are not 420 friendly, but perhaps things are different in the US, here in the UK weed is blamed for a multitude of problems, it wouldn't surprise me if they blamed it for every everything up to and including rabies and ebola.

There are a few doctors here that are well versed in cannabis research, but the majority of them still cling to the common "pot bad" tropes. The sad part is, the more research is done, the more beneficial the plant is shown to be.

Here's the biggest excuse reason for that:
Quote:Schedule I

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are: heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote.
(source)

It certainly doesn't help that even today, with all we understand about the benefits of marijuana, the DEA refuses to downgrade it from Schedule I, the schedule for drugs with "no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse." It's especially egregious that pot is treated this way when alcohol, which has far fewer medical uses and far higher abuse statistics, isn't anywhere on the schedules.

The truth behind the demonization of pot? Wood pulp paper. Hemp makes far better paper than wood pulp, but the wood pulp paper business had to be protected.
(03-19-2023, 07:30 PM)adey67 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2023, 04:40 PM)Dom Wrote: [ -> ]It is not known to interact with any meds. If I were you, I'd give it 3 tries. I use it for that and it helps me hugely.

This is true, I'm on an antipsychotic for sleep (quetiapine) an antidepressant (mirtazapine) and an anti anxiolytic (Lyrica/pregabalin) and weed interacts with none of them.... actually that's not quite true, the weed enhances the effects of all three without side effects or hangover. I only started smoking weed regularly since November and I can honestly say I haven't felt this good in years, the horrible soul and mind crushing depression has lifted, the panic attacks have gone, as has the insomnia I feel awake, cheerful and positive.

Kudos for your persevering with the mirtazapine that stuff is a horror, your name should be writ large.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7