Atheist Discussion

Full Version: Raise your glass!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yes, it is a Pink song.

Show ContentSpoiler:

But this thread is about what beverage you are currently consuming.

Whether it be the morning brew, the happy hour cocktail, or the evening hooch, post about it here.
Blackberry moonshine and Strawberry Orange Banana drink mix.
Evening hooch. Calypso gold rum with Labatt chaser.
The last sip of alcahol I drank was about 12 years ago.   I don't know how people drink that shit.  I drink tea, milk and water and that's about it.  I don't like coffee either. Horrid stuff. A few times a year I'll have a few sips of a Coke or something similar.

Damn.....I spelled it wrong.......ALCOHOL!    That's how much I drink the stuff, I don't even know how to spell it.
I think "alcahol" is the superior spelling.
(05-18-2022, 02:07 AM)vulcanlogician Wrote: [ -> ]I think "alcahol" is the superior spelling.

Especially if you're inebriated. Wink
O'Doul's, with the two apostrophes.
Bubly sparkling water, blackberry flavor. It's a great substitute for soft drinks which I don't drink anymore.
Bheeeer. A bottle of Budweiser, to be precise.
I had a decaf Diet Coke with dinner.
(05-18-2022, 03:31 AM)Minimalist Wrote: [ -> ]I had a decaf Diet Coke with dinner.

How can you live with yourself?
H and two O
Espresso.
I had to give up alcoholic beverages quite a few years ago on account of all the meds I have to take. I have a Bud Lite once in a while, but that's it.  Sadcryface
A lovely strong malty mug of Assam tea. I limit myself to one cup of coffee first thing in the morning after that it's tea tea tea, I love my tea and find it really calming, if I have a panic attack I find a mug of tea brings it down a notch.
First cup of coffee in the morning. Black and delicious.
Coffee. I was a bit groggy this morning, so instead of measuring it out, I accidentally just dumped the entire hopper from the coffee grinder in the filter. It looked about right, so I said why not. It's a bit strong.
(05-18-2022, 02:15 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: [ -> ]Especially if you're inebriated. Wink

I've never been drunk.  I don't quite get the appeal of being drunk.    Maybe someone can explain it to me.
(05-18-2022, 03:08 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: [ -> ]I've never been drunk.  I don't quite get the appeal of being drunk.    Maybe someone can explain it to me.

Inebriation can be good or bad. Depending on the severity, the setting, and your expectations, different levels of inebriation may satisfy in one case but not another. I typically don't like to get drunk. I don't like the loss of control and other things that come with being drunk. But that's a generalization. Sometimes I do like being drunk. The other night I got drunk and enjoyed myself. That's uncommon for me, so I seldom look for anything beyond a light buzz (tipsy). The primary reason that I drink anymore is for the taste and experience. I have a large collection of bottles of scotch, all different, many of them expensive. It would defeat the purpose to get so inebriated that the taste was no longer the salient point of the experience. But again, that's just a generalization. Sometimes I don't care about the taste and am looking for something else. And that something else isn't necessarily drunkenness. The warm, comfy feeling and agreeable taste of an "everyday" beer is not exactly haute cuisine in the world of alcohol, but it is uniquely satisfying. That's a different experience than delicately sipping a $200 bottle of scotch that I saved for a special occasion.

Like marijuana, set, setting, and expectations matter.
Covfefe. Hot and black.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker
Selfmade romanian plum schnapps, because its my birthday. Drinks
Cereal coffee as it is too late for real one.
(05-18-2022, 03:20 PM)Dānu Wrote: [ -> ]Inebriation can be good or bad.  Depending on the severity, the setting, and your expectations, different levels of inebriation may satisfy in one case but not another.  I typically don't like to get drunk.  I don't like the loss of control and other things that come with being drunk.  But that's a generalization.  Sometimes I do like being drunk.  The other night I got drunk and enjoyed myself.  That's uncommon for me, so I seldom look for anything beyond a light buzz (tipsy).  The primary reason that I drink anymore is for the taste and experience.  I have a large collection of bottles of scotch, all different, many of them expensive.  It would defeat the purpose to get so inebriated that the taste was no longer the salient point of the experience.  But again, that's just a generalization.  Sometimes I don't care about the taste and am looking for something else.  And that something else isn't necessarily drunkenness.  The warm, comfy feeling and agreeable taste of an "everyday" beer is not exactly haute cuisine in the world of alcohol, but it is uniquely satisfying.  That's a different experience than delicately sipping a $200 bottle of scotch that I saved for a special occasion.

Like marijuana, set, setting, and expectations matter.

I know nothing about marijuana so my daughters who are both very expeienced in the details of marijuana decided it was time to get their mother high so they made some strong marijuana brownies.   They ate a couple and were high as a kite.  Me?  Nothing.  I didn't feel a thing.  So I had a couple more. "Careful Mom, don't eat too many".   Pffffft.  Didn't do diddly-squat for me.  I guess I'm immune to the stuff.
(05-18-2022, 05:56 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: [ -> ]I know nothing about marijuana so my daughters who are both very expeienced in the details of marijuana decided it was time to get their mother high so they made some strong marijuana brownies.   They ate a couple and were high as a kite.  Me?  Nothing.  I didn't feel a thing.  So I had a couple more. "Careful Mom, don't eat too many".   Pffffft.  Didn't do diddly-squat for me.  I guess I'm immune to the stuff.

That is normal for most people. The first few times many people feel nothing - because weed isn't something that suddenly inebriates you, but something you learn to direct and enjoy. You would have done better eating one cookie every other day instead of 4 all at once. Weed is not like alcohol, that inebriates you period.

Once you are enjoying weed, it will have an effect every time. The type makes all the difference too, some just make you inert and take you into dream land or music land or the movie or whatever. Others let you stay active and enjoy long walks or whatever rocks your boat. 

The fact that you can use it to completely immerse you in some thoughts or activities is actually where it's effectiveness as painkiller lies - you can think or do something else and become so focused that the pain is totally forgotten.

Also, with edibles, it can take hours for some people to feel anything. So, if you eat some in the evening, chances are you'll just sleep really well. ( I use it for that sometimes).
(05-18-2022, 06:40 PM)Dom Wrote: [ -> ]That is normal for most people. The first few times many people feel nothing - because weed isn't something that suddenly inebriates you, but something you learn to direct and enjoy. You would have done better eating one cookie every other day instead of 4 all at once. Weed is not like alcohol, that inebriates you period.

Once you are enjoying weed, it will have an effect every time. The type makes all the difference too, some just make you inert and take you into dream land or music land or the movie or whatever. Others let you stay active and enjoy long walks or whatever rocks your boat. 

The fact that you can use it to completely immerse you in some thoughts or activities is actually where it's effectiveness as painkiller lies - you can think or do something else and become so focused that the pain is totally forgotten.

Also, with edibles, it can take hours for some people to feel anything. So, if you eat some in the evening, chances are you'll just sleep really well. ( I use it for that sometimes).

I was given all sorts of pain killers when I had my C-sections and it didn't do much either.   If I want to feel a high I'll pop into a ballet class for 2 hours or create designs for the theatre or other creative arts I'm involved in.  Drugs in any form have never interested me nor worked very well on my body.  I took 5 Zanex pills one time to get on a plane because of my fear of flying and it didn't do much.  I really wish it had worked but it didn't.  Kinda makes me sad because I'd love to travel and see things.   

Anyway I'll pass on marijuana and any sort of alcohol gives me a massive headache within a minute.   I save a load of money not buying drugs and booze. 

Hubby can't stand alcohol either. We're a great match.  Thumbs Up
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5