Atheist Discussion

Full Version: Pope Francis to be Sued by Aussie Paedophile Victims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not soon enough as far as I'm concerned.  That this top Catholic paedophile enabler has
virtually ignored the issue—particularly here in Australia with George Pell—for the entire
seven-year term of his papacy is, quite frankly, reprehensible.

Pope  sued by three Australians sexually assaulted by Melbourne paedophile priest Michael Glennon.

It's the first case in Australia where victims have claimed compensation from a pope for
failing to take action to stop the clerical sexual abuse by a known abuser. The three men
were abused—repeatedly and regularly—by serial paedophile priest Michael Glennon in
the 1980s.

A writ has been lodged with the Victorian Supreme Court, claiming damages against Pope Francis,
the Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne, Peter Andrew Comensoli, and one of his predecessors,
known paedophile enabler Frank Little.

Glennon was sentenced a number of times for child sex offences and died in prison in 2014.

There were requests made to defrock Glennon as early as 1978, but that didn't occur until
well after the abuse of the three men occurred in 1984/85. But in 1991, Glennon was still
a Catholic priest, being allowed officially to minister, on behalf of the Melbourne archdiocese,
despite previous convictions for the sexual assault of minors.

In 2017, In an attempt to justify the Pope’s refusal to fully punish paedophile priests in the
name of "mercy", the Vatican's former Spokesman Gregory Burke (ex FOX news reporter!)
said:

The Holy Father understands that many victims and survivors can find any sign of mercy
in this area difficult. But he knows that the Gospel message of mercy is ultimately a source
of powerful healing and of grace.

In other words, no justice for victims, no justice for the children raped and abused by Catholic
priests, but mercy for the paedophile priests who rape children.

[Image: francisppp.png]

Maybe having to face a Civil Court action will wipe that sickening smile of this obnoxious old man's face?

Angry
Hopefully the the court orders say 4 our fathers and imposes him yard work for 6 weekends.
What's the over/under on not a goddamned thing happening to him or his bank accounts?
I had hoped that this pope would be a reformer. I am heartily disappointed in him.
(11-28-2020, 06:23 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote: [ -> ]I had hoped that this pope would be a reformer. I am heartily disappointed in him.

Yes.  There were hopes upon his appointment that he'd move the Catholic church into
the 21st century, but some critics—even in the Catholic church—are saying he's taken
the church back thirty years instead, to the era of the Hitler Youth bloke Ratzinger.

He's full of ultimately empty, conciliatory words, and talk of reparation for priestly victims,
but in actuality does nothing towards that end.

And in Chile, when the Argentine-born Francis appointed Juan Barros as bishop of the
southern diocese of Osorno, churches were firebombed and riot police used water cannons
to quell demonstrations.  The pope had had dismissed allegations that Barros ignored
and covered up abuse by Chile's most prominent paedophile priest, Fernando Karadima,
imposing him on a diocese that wanted nothing to do with him.

Francis said at the time, "The day they bring me proof against Bishop Barros, I'll speak...
There is not one shred of proof against him. It's all slander. Is that clear?"
I'd like to write an Amicus Curiae brief for the plaintiffs!
I recall Washington Archbishop Wilton Gregory slamming Trump and Melanoma's visit
to a  shrine honorifying Pope John Paul II in June this year.

[Image: I7O27QFFAEI6VCMOWINZVA7XSI.jpg&w=916]

"I find it baffling and reprehensible that any Catholic facility would allow itself to be so
egregiously misused and manipulated in a fashion that violates our religious principles,
which call us to defend the rights of all people, even those with whom we might disagree",
Gregory said in a statement on 3 June.

Trump’s brief visit to the shrine appeared to serve primarily as another photo opportunity.
The president and the first lady, who identifies as Roman Catholic, stood to face the media
before facing the statue of John Paul II for a few minutes.

[Image: Screenshot-2020-11-30-I-find-it-baffling...-slams.png]