Atheist Discussion

Full Version: DDOS attack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There was a DDOS attack tonight. They were trying to hack us much like they tried last time. Don't worry, there is no way that they will manage it but it does mean that it can mean interruptions in service while they are doing it.
Damned jesus freaks!!!
The election tonight wasn't enough.

Aggravated
If it's  of any value,  I lost connection through  my PC but not my connection  through  my phone still working.
(11-04-2020, 12:19 AM)Mathilda Wrote: [ -> ]There was a DDOS attack tonight. They were trying to hack us much like they tried last time. Don't worry, there is no way that they will manage it but it does mean that it can mean interruptions in service while they are doing it.

Did you trace the IP to any particular country?
typically they are from all over.
(11-04-2020, 01:34 AM)skyking Wrote: [ -> ]typically they are from all over.

Botnet then.
The first D in DDOS is Distributed.
Hey Mathilda!

Hope you adn yours and every body are all good.

So... a DDOS tussle.

Does this mean the forums have finally made it big?

Or just some one/group/etc thowing random stuff around the interwebz?

Not at work.
(11-04-2020, 02:04 AM)skyking Wrote: [ -> ]The first D in DDOS is Distributed.

The OP mentioned a hack attempt. That's what I was asking about. A botnet floods the ports with bad packets. A hack is a break and enter.
I was just about to go to bed when I noticed it so I haven't examined too closely. But there were attempts from multiple countries to break and enter. It was very similar to the attacks that were made after Vosur incompetently tried socially engineering us.

I know that the intention wasn't to just bring the site down but that's what it effectively did.
(11-04-2020, 08:04 AM)Mathilda Wrote: [ -> ]I was just about to go to bed when I noticed it so I haven't examined too closely. But there were attempts from multiple countries to break and enter. It was very similar to the attacks that were made after Vosur incompetently tried socially engineering us.

I know that the intention wasn't to just bring the site down but that's what it effectively did.

What kind of attacks if i may ask?
Do we suspect Vosur again or is it religious extremists? If its the latter it certainly supports staffs argument regarding drawing you know who.
I noticed the issues loading earlier. If the server is moved, I suggest move it to a DDOS-protected network.
(11-04-2020, 01:08 PM)adey67 Wrote: [ -> ]Do we suspect Vosur again or is it religious extremists? If its the latter it certainly supports staffs argument regarding drawing you know who.

We don't actually know who is behind it but I have my suspicions as to their motives.

I have kept the logs from last time though so I can compare them with the current logs to see if it's the same bot net or not.
(11-04-2020, 08:04 AM)Mathilda Wrote: [ -> ]I was just about to go to bed when I noticed it so I haven't examined too closely. But there were attempts from multiple countries to break and enter. It was very similar to the attacks that were made after Vosur incompetently tried socially engineering us.

Likely using Zombie computers to attempt a break and enter. A good port scanner on those zombies might reveal a backdoor, and then it's just a matter of finding out what trojan is being used. Then, find the GUI for that trojan, change the name of the trojan, reboot the machine, and that's one down.

Old 90's techniques. Still works lol
I say it was Russia. Because ... you know... Russians!

Hmm

My country is run by the biggest troll on the planet. At any given moment, I have the feeling I could wake up in a refrigerator box underneath a bridge. Dodgy

Do you need anything from us Mathilda? I think most of us would help, if we knew how to do so. Shy