Atheist Discussion

Full Version: What was the high point of your day? 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Creating this thread because the old one MYSTERIOUSLY disappeared.  Dodgy

But also being back on a regular work schedule now.
I got to pat a little lamb and it tried to drink milk from my finger and my nose. :-)
Over 30 of my Monarch caterpillars are forming chrysalides. Most of the remaining larvae are mature and eating furiously. 17 adults eclosed yesterday and I will release them into the wild tomorrow.  Sun
Oh. By "high point" thread, I thought you were referring to a rep whoring/liking thread that got deleted. That would have been OK. I don't need rep. I don't need likes.

Or a Triad tourism thread (I had a college BFF from Winston-Salem).

But alas. My high point? I just woke up. Breakfast was pretty good, and the Tour de France is upon us.
I checked my bank balance this morning, and there was an unexpected charge for $4 for my New York Times subscription. Between that and pending charges, I was 74 cents short. I could have transferred money from my plasma payment card, but that would have cost $1.50 and left me with only enough money to buy one more box of Rose wine, instead of two. I knew I had $0.50 in my coin purse, so I started scrounging around for loose change. I found a quarter, but it was Canadian. I found 16 cents in a junk dish, but that left me 8 cents short. A day or so ago, I found a dime on the floor, but I just tossed it somewhere on the floor because I was busy at the time, and I'd forgotten where I tossed it. So I put on my mask to take a tour of the neighborhood to see if I can find a dime or a quarter lying on the pavement. I didn't find any, but as I came in the door to my apartment, there was the dime that I had tossed on the floor the other day! So, I had my $0.74 to cover the shortfall. So I go online to double-check my figures so that I'm absolutely certain it will cover it, and I'm looking at the screen and notice it displays the balance of both my checking and savings account. And there's a dollar in my savings account! I didn't have to mess around with running to the bank and depositing my $0.76 after all! I just transferred the money online. Now I can run down to Target today and get those two boxes of wine. Huzzah!
Buying all groceries I need and finding that I still have cash enough* to buy book I was waiting for.

*I stick to self imposed limit.
Knowing that any of my posts in 1.0 are gone, gone, gone.
I bought some space-saving skirt hangers.   One step closer to closet nirvana.
This is great. I don't think I had any high points in the old thread. And now that damming evidence is gone! Best thing that's happened to me in a long time. Thanks Aliza! (My check is in the mail.)
Yesterday, the high point was being pain-free. This day is young.
August is almost over! It's been an extremely hot summer.
Out in the garden the high-point has been the blooming of the big Brazilian bromeliad, Alcantarea imperialis.  I've had this in the garden probably for a dozen years and now it is blooming.  The first flowers opened not too long ago but the flower stalk itself has been coming up since around June.  I understand it will take about a year to finish blooming and continue looking good for that long.  After that it will die but perhaps there will be pups coming up around the dying parent.

Here is with Smokey for scale.

[Image: 50282926526_4bd268fef2_c.jpg]

And this is me at about six foot height attempting a selfie while wearing an N95 to protect against the smokey air.

[Image: 50282248278_1823b0bfbd_c.jpg]

Here is an older flower in good light.

[Image: 50283085162_792b1072f7_c.jpg]

And this flower was just opening the day I shot this picture.

[Image: 50282926421_815a68e5f3_c.jpg]
Once more took the back roads home. No cattle on the road to dodge this time. Beautiful high-summer day.
I met a very small, newish human that is a fan of Jimi, and RUSH.
(08-30-2020, 02:20 AM)no one Wrote: [ -> ]I met a very small, newish human that is a fan of Jimi, and RUSH.

I've got a cheap but decent spare he-or-she can have if the smallish human wants to go into that guitaristic wormhole. PM for shipping deetz, we can make this happen.
just now I realized I can "bell' my seeing dog so my blind dog can find him in the evenings at potty time. She so wants to pee where he pees.
Just read a message from work that said we're going to be paid weekly instead of bi-weekly now. Never expected that.
Beautiful weather today. I released over 30 Monarchs into the wild. Four of them landed on the big pine tree in my front yard and rested there, opening and closing their wings, for about an hour before flying off. The last few larvae in the rearing cage are forming chrysalises.  Sun
Leaving this toxic place.
(08-30-2020, 08:51 PM)Bcat Wrote: [ -> ]Leaving this toxic place.

Sad

I've been to an atheist chatroom that was worse believe it or not, someone told me to kill myself, and another threatened to kill me (fortunately they both lived overseas) but I'm done with them now. At least stay for this thread? Please? Tongue
Haven't really had any high points today. My old games wouldn't run under a VM, the Tigers swept the Twins in 4, and I've got a couple hours putting things back in the kitchen waiting for me later.
(08-30-2020, 09:02 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2020, 08:51 PM)Bcat Wrote: [ -> ]Leaving this toxic place.

Sad

I've been to an atheist chatroom that was worse believe it or not, someone told me to kill myself, and another threatened to kill me (fortunately they both lived overseas) but I'm done with them now. At least stay for this thread? Please? Tongue

That's awful *hugs* I'm sorry they said that to you.  Wow.  

There are some nice people on here, but sometimes the threads to respond to without put downs are getting smaller and smaller. It's sad really.
Anyway, I'm sorry for putting my rant about the toxicity of the forum in your High Points thread  Tongue
(08-30-2020, 09:16 PM)Bcat Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, I'm sorry for putting my rant about the toxicity of the forum in your High Points thread  Tongue

Well well well, look who's being "toxic" now! (jk) Tongue