Atheist Discussion

Full Version: Mafia Game #1 - Plain old Vanilla mafia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
This is a basic Mafia game. There are no power roles. Town (the good guys) use their vote to lynch as their voice and try to eliminate Mafia, or scum (the bad guys), as they are called, to win the game. Scum, have the ability to perform one night kill as a group. 

General rules for this game are as follows: 
  • I am your Game Moderator. This is my color. Do NOT use this color, as it belongs to me. I will use this color to talk to you as your GM. 
  • There are two phases: Day and Night. Each phase will last 24 hours. We will start when there are enough players. I am open to suggestions for what time. Please make any suggestions in the Eastern Time Zone format (that's my time zone and I don't want to have to do math).
  • Please do NOT post once the phase ends. 
  • No screenshots of any kind. 
  • No copying of any messages by the game mod.
  • If you can edit or delete your posts, please don't. It is considered cheating. Only the game moderators may edit their posts in games they are running (not playing in). 
  • All votes must be on a separate line so that I can spot them with ease. Please use the proper tags for the person you wish to see lynched. 
    Code:
    [/b][vote] Joods [/vote][b]

• All vote changes must be on a separate line. If you wish to change your vote please type
    Code:
    [/unvote]
  • Not voting will count as a no lynch. The person with the most votes by the end of the day phase, will be lynched. If the majority is a no lynch, then there will be no lynch that day phase.
  • You many not vote to lynch yourself.
  • In the event of a tie for a lynch, I will use a coin flip to break the tie. 
  • So that I know you've read all of the rules, your first post in the game thread must contain the phrase "Pen pineapple apple pen".
  • Any votes cast after the end of the phase and before I've had time to close the thread, will not be counted.
  • All players must play to their win condition. 
  • This is a gagged game. Townies are only allowed to talk inside of the game thread so there is no talking about the game outside of the game thread. The only exception to this rule are the scum team, who have night talk and may PM each other ONLY during the night phase. Players are expected to police each other. Breaking the rules ruins the game for everyone. 
  • There is no night zero. Scum many not converse with each other prior to the game starting. 
  • Once you are considered dead, you many not kudos posts. You may not post in the game (popcorn posts are considered okay as long as they are not done in excess). You may not try to influence the outcome of the game in any way. If you are scum, you may not talk to your partners who are still alive. Doing so is considered cheating.

List of players: 
1. Smercury44
2. Mathilda Vanilla Townie Nk night 2
3. Evie
4. Aroura
5. Paleophyte
6. Atothetheist Vanilla Townie Lynched day 2
7. Mooney Vanilla Townie NK night 1
8. Guley  Scum Lynched day 1
9. Aliza

Good luck!
I have decided to open the thread early since I have received a few pm's asking if we are starting yet.

Good luck! DAY ONE begins!
Hello all. Long time no play for me.
Oh, damn, I forgot: Pen pineapple apple pen
I’m restarting the old tradition: Lynch Atothetheist

If you don’t know that I’m joking then... I don’t know, learn my humor I guess?
Oh, wait! You used to play over at TTA or something?

I only ever played at AF.

Or did you play at AF after I stopped playing?

@Joods Do self-votes count?
Pen pineapple apple pen

I don't know how I got the times mixed up. I thought it was 4pm my time 5pm Eastern. Oh well it's open.
Pen pineapple apple pen

It’s been several years since I’ve played as well. I don’t know if now that we’re on a new forum if we still have the lynch Ato fist day tradition Rofl2 so I won’t Tongue
(12-03-2018, 10:28 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, wait! You used to play over at TTA or something?

I played at “the old Forum.”

Apparently I was so good that I was deemed not to be trusted.  Sun

But I promise I’m townie. 

Self votes don’t count, it’s in the rules. My thing was just for posterity’s sake.
(12-03-2018, 10:27 PM)Atothetheist Wrote: [ -> ]I’m restarting the old tradition: Lynch Atothetheist

There’s a rule against voting for yourself, so you’re safe!
(12-03-2018, 10:30 PM)Smercury44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2018, 10:27 PM)Atothetheist Wrote: [ -> ]I’m restarting the old tradition: Lynch Atothetheist

There’s a rule against voting for yourself, so you’re safe!

Oh, I missed that one.

I dunno how to start because last I played I used to use a RNG to start my first vote off ... before that I went through a period of not initiating a vote ... and before that I initiating a vote 'randomly' but without an RNG.
Tartarus asked to be lynched in effigy, so Ato may be safe today.
When I first joined AF Mafia Losty let me know of the Lynch Tarty tradition over at TFTSNBN
(12-03-2018, 10:29 PM)Smercury44 Wrote: [ -> ]Pen pineapple apple pen

It’s been several years since I’ve played as well. I don’t know if now that we’re on a new forum if we still have the lynch Ato fist day tradition Rofl2 so I won’t Tongue

Far better to have that tradition than any of us being lynched first I think Smile
Well, if no one's gonna bite I'm gonna start with a random vote. Any objections?
(12-03-2018, 10:38 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if no one's gonna bite I'm gonna start with a random vote. Any objections?

You are braver than I. I hate lynching first day with nothing to go on hobo
Hm. At AF I was always taught that if you don't lynch day 1 that goes in favor of scum.

Well, if there are still no objections before my next post I'll set a lynch vote on Atothetheist.
(12-03-2018, 10:30 PM)Atothetheist Wrote: [ -> ]But I promise I’m townie. 

Vote Atothetheist

For trying to get us to think that he's town. Of course everyone wants to pretend to be town, but scum are particularly keen to make themselves look towny.

For new players: It doesn't actually matter whether or not I really believe this. It's right at the beginning of the game, no one has any information to go on so everyone knows that this is a contrived excuse to vote for someone. I wouldn't claim it was anything less. So why am I doing this? Well because it gets a conversation started. And we want to do that to generate information. It seems unbelievable but it actually does work. Especially if the first day in the game actually takes an entire week in real time. How does it generate information? Because scum tend to react differently than town. This is because they know that they are hiding a secret whereas town are confident in the knowledge that they are telling the truth. This means that scum can get slightly more stressed out when being questioned. And the way to get scum to slip up is to gradually apply more and more pressure. Scum generally crack before town do.
(12-03-2018, 10:30 PM)Atothetheist Wrote: [ -> ]I played at “the old Forum.”

Apparently I was so good that I was deemed not to be trusted.  Sun

But I promise I’m townie.

Preemptive defence before an accusation is even levelled?

Vote AToTheTheist
Vote AToTheTheist
How to Throw Yourself Under the Bus, a guide by AToTheTheist
Well hell, tradition is tradition I suppose, and if there’s even a chance you’re scum... Confused

Vote Atothetheist
Oh no! Well, it was good playing while it lasted.
(12-03-2018, 10:53 PM)Atothetheist Wrote: [ -> ]Oh no! Well, it was good playing while it lasted.

Don't give up that easily. If you're town ... defend yourself.
(12-03-2018, 10:28 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, wait! You used to play over at TTA or something?

Self votes do not count. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33