Atheist Discussion

Full Version: A.G.T. (another gay thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
No.  It's not about that talent show.   Dodgy

A.G.T. = Another Gay Thread

A thread for all the gay news, gay memes, anything wonderfully gay.

Dance

Quote:Utah group seeks ban on gay conversion therapy for minors

Williams said he believes it’s the right time for the measure. It does not have a legislative sponsor yet, but he said he’s optimistic about its chances of passing.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has disavowed past therapies aimed at changing sexual orientation and has launched efforts to prevent suicide.

The independent Mormon Mental Health Association opposes therapies “which have been developed to change, alter or reduce sexual orientation.”

Clinical studies have linked these types of therapies with “increased rates of clinical depression, suicide, anxiety, low self-esteem, difficulty sustaining relationships and sexual dysfunction,” the association said.

A new study says the rates of attempted suicide were more than double among LGBTQ young adults whose parents had pushed them to change, compared with those reporting no conversion experiences.

https://www.standard.net/news/state/utah...dbee4.html
Quote:Texas rainbow mural vandalized with 'stop your gay agenda' graffiti

[Image: Pride-wall-vandalized.jpg]

Eric Edward Schell is the creator and photographer of Pride Portraits.

He told Gay Star News the mural aims to uplift, affirm and celebrate the LGBTI community. But one person felt ’emboldened hate’ and decided to ‘deface’ the Pride wall.

https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/texa...gs.lzNMp_A
[Image: 46649459_1997302077019750_77773615044073...e=5C75EDA3]
Quote:Dad forced 11-year-old son into sex with stepmom to stop him being gay

The father has been sentenced to five years in prison and the stepmom to eight years for the historical abuse

https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/dad-...gs.Z=VYOEk
[Image: 46964702_10217329809099166_1051179806743...e=5CAAE170]
[Image: libbluecape.jpg]

[Image: latest?cb=20110404200329]\

[Image: scooby-velma.jpg]
THE PINK PANTHER WAS GAY?

Or wait---is that Snagglepuss? I'm so confused.
I found a toco truck with  a Gay Rainbow Jesus on the side.     Thumbs Up 

[Image: screen_shot_2017-05-02_at_4.32.23_pm.png]
Kind of gives new meaning to body of christ, huh?
Quote:Buddhist monk in hot water for being too ripped

Photos of the very ripped monk popped up on social media last week. But authorities said he ‘tarnished’ the religion’s image. They also admitted they don’t know if he is a real monk or just dressed as one.

Either way he’s in trouble.

‘Against monkhood discipline, this man has put on clothes similar to monk robes and taken photos of himself with fit muscles online,’ Narong Songarom, deputy director of the National Office of Buddhism told media.

‘Although not a grave error in the monk’s way, it is an earthly sin that invites societal criticism and damages Buddhism.’

https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/budd...gs.z5z5ues

Oh, dear. Chuckle
Do you think the sour cream on those gay rainbow jesus tacos is hand churned?
[Image: 47395467_10217343516401840_8704916475741...e=5CA3DD0F]
[Image: e9289fb35bf414cc2f12f4e5be8998a3.png]
Yesterday was world AIDS day, this photo really moved me. The men in white are the surviving members of the Original San Francisco Gay Men's Choir. Those in black represent the members lost to the AIDS.

[Image: 096-B9347-D0-DC-45-B2-A97-F-E41744-A350-B0.jpg]
Quote:"Empire" star Jussie Smollett was hospitalized after “a possible racially charged” and homophobic assault and battery, Chief Anthony Guglielmi of the Chicago Police Department said in a statement Tuesday.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peop...709986002/
(11-29-2018, 10:47 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: [ -> ]I found a toco truck with  a Gay Rainbow Jesus on the side.     Thumbs Up 

[Image: screen_shot_2017-05-02_at_4.32.23_pm.png]

"The Bull Tacos #3"? What part of the bull?
Let's put it this way. Austria's got a government of outright fascists in coalition with staunch conservatives. But in ignoring a supreme court decision they opened the path to gay marriage. Since January everyone can marry.
[Image: eve.jpg]
[Image: 51042649_398695537342226_766764869083987...e=5CB54028]
Quote:Homophobia Linked To Psychological Traits, Suggesting It Could Indicate Mental Health Disorders

Homophobia, or the irrational intolerance of homosexual men and women by heterosexual people has often been interpreted as a vehicle of prejudice and hate, but a recent study finds it could also be attributed to psychological problems. Publishing their findings in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, researchers discovered that certain psychological traits, along with maladaptive defense mechanisms, could potentially feed into homophobic attitudes.

https://www.medicaldaily.com/homophobia-...8dTpv8uDJk
Blind hatred is a cancer to human existence. I could never understand how people can hate other people simply because they're different. You are supposed to be different than me, you're not me. Seems rather simple. But, humans are just fucking retarded!
(02-14-2019, 04:51 PM)no one Wrote: [ -> ]I could never understand how people can hate other people simply because they're different.

I often hate myself because I'm the same.   hobo
(02-14-2019, 02:15 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Homophobia Linked To Psychological Traits, Suggesting It Could Indicate Mental Health Disorders

Homophobia, or the irrational intolerance of homosexual men and women by heterosexual people has often been interpreted as a vehicle of prejudice and hate, but a recent study finds it could also be attributed to psychological problems. Publishing their findings in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, researchers discovered that certain psychological traits, along with maladaptive defense mechanisms, could potentially feed into homophobic attitudes.

https://www.medicaldaily.com/homophobia-...8dTpv8uDJk

! There's a journal called The Journal of Sexual Medicine.    Of course there is.
I was about to post about the recent (and first) Winterpride festival that was held in Ottawa this past week, celebrating "50 years since the partial decriminalization of homosexuality in Canada" where the first prime minister Trudeau famously said "The state has no business in the bedrooms of the nation

But then I found this... 

About the myth of the 1969 criminal code reforms...

The theme is a celebration of the 50th anniversary “of the partial decriminalization of homosexual acts in Canada.” as “a watershed moment” for LGBTQ2 rights even though, two years later in August 1971, the first cross-country demonstration for lesbian and gay rights on Parliament Hill was explicitly directed against the limitations of this reform.

No such decriminalizaton, partial or otherwise, took place in 1969. No offences were repealed. Instead, the government of Pierre Elliott Trudeau added an “exception clause” for the offences of gross indecency and buggery. They would no longer be crimes if they were committed in a narrow private realm between only two adults, aged 21 and over. This was based on a discriminatory age of consent informed by  the myth that male adolescents and young men needed extra legal protection from “homosexual advances.” Meanwhile the age of consent for most heterosexual sex was then set at 14.

I think you are still not allowed to give blood in Canada if you are a man that had sex with another man within the past year, because of that stupid myth about some fake "link" between homosexuality and the spread of AIDS.

Still so far to go... even in "liberal" Canada.
Steamy Cosplay.

[Image: 52591416_2031124620299129_14729492545226...e=5D26A425]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24