Atheist Discussion

Full Version: Change Log (Read only)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Changed the max avatar size in posts from 55x55 to 150x150 125x125 so you can actually see your avatar in your posts now.

Added the ability to pull from a URL to set your avatar. 

Added some space between the end of a post and the signature and darkened the dividing line to better show the division between the post content and the poster's signature.

Edited to change: 150x150 was a bit too big so I scaled it back a tad.
Added a few more smileys; nothing major.
MyBB's Default theme has been fixed. It now permits clickable smileys.

I've added a few alternate colors in the MyBB default category, one of which "Night" is the one that TFTSNBN used. There will be a time when we select an "official look," but for now, feel free to explore the themes.
(10-20-2018, 04:54 PM)Aliza Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB's Default theme has been fixed. It now permits clickable smileys.

How did you manage to fix it?
(10-20-2018, 05:10 PM)Mathilda Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2018, 04:54 PM)Aliza Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB's Default theme has been fixed. It now permits clickable smileys.

How did you manage to fix it?

Rainbow text.

#NeverAgain
Derp. Did_I_do_that

If the Coffee House and PI&S backgrounds have been doing a weird scrolling thing when viewed on your mobile devices (or on any of your devices), I believe I have fixed it.
MyAlerts were added in. When properly configured in your user CP, this plugin will give you an alert when someone replies to your posts, replies to your thread, adds you to their buddy list, and likes your post.

The indicator for this is on the upper left side of the "welcome bar" and may or may not work with all themes. It does work in MyFedora and the MyBB Default themes.

... Let's all just hope it continues to function properly. Big Grin
MentionMe has been added. This is a plugin that allows you to add an "@" sign to a user's name (such as @JDog554 ) in your post and the MyAlerts system will send that user an alert to let them know they've been mentioned. You will not need to mention anyone who you're quoting, and you will not be able to mention people who have you on ignore (nor can you PM people who have you on ignore).

Basically, we're going to see how things go with this plugin and hopefully it will be a good fit for the forum.  Nod

... Oh, also I fixed the grouphug smiley.

We now have Group Hug and Grouphug
Hearts are fixed. I didn't realize it, but we had a little function malfunction going on with the keyword :heart: pointing to two different hearts.

Now :heart: = Heart      and     <3 = Heart
Thread titles have been added to each post in the thread so you can just take a quick glance at the top of the post to be reminded of what thread you're in. I've made the change on Fedora and the Toolin' Around Theme.
The little scroll up and scroll down buttons from the My Fedora theme have now been added to the Toolin' Around theme.
Moved the introduction thread to the general discussion forum and moved the gaming thread to the coffee house.

Prepare for Mafia Wars. Approve
Set the new default theme to Toolin' Around. There is an ongoing discussion about this change here. There will be adjustments made over time, particularly when our header and logo are settled upon and there may be changes to the background colors or images.
Moderator color changes. Now they're red
No big changes, but I did add a banner visible to guests to inform them that this is the forum community previously associated with The Thinking Atheist.

I guess if they're looking for us, they'll know they found us. Smile

Edited to note: Spelling errors on the banner corrected.
Added into our smiley collection:

gagged    thumbsup2    Tongue Wink   Idea   Shit hits the fan

.... not exactly the change I was planning for tonight, but it's a decent consolation prize. Dodgy
Added the user navigation links to the forum's footer bar. Now you can hang out around the shoutbox and still navigate the forums without having to scroll up.
We did add some rules to the Introductions and Personal Issues and Support sections. These policies were carry overs from the old forum and we realized we've been basically operating on prior knowledge but not conveying our rules to new members. Oopsie! These policies are now posted so everyone knows. Girl_yes2
Our Colosseum has returned.

The Boxing Ring will now be referred to as Verbal Duels and the Viper's Pit will now be The Sewer.

You shouldn't be able to open threads in The Sewer. That would just enable bacteria to flourish. Rather, it's a place where stinky threads are flushed to keep their smell from ruining the tranquility of the rest of the forum.
Removed the report button from reputations.

We never had reputation reporting on TTA, and the report button is just stock MyBB. Removing it brings us more in-line with what we're used to based on the old forum's policies.
I went ahead and removed images from quoted messages. Unfortunately, it also removes smileys from the quoted portion of a post. The images in the quote can be clicked on to view.
Cookies    Grumpy   Cake_Feast    Popcorn    Beercheer    Fuck_Off   Pope    M1436    T4618    Chuckle  JackHammerSmilie    Whistle   hippy using a bong

Added a few more smileys. There were requests for more, but the really large ones mess up the sizing of the smiley popup window, and a few other suggestions were either already on our list or had very similar ones that were there.
The mod team requested some new forums, so I added a Sports, and TV/Movies/Youtube to the general discussion board, and Announcements, Milestones, & Holidays, Getting to Know You, and Image/Video Memes to the Coffee House.
When replying to a post, only the last post will be preloaded in the reply quote. You can add more history to this manually or you can use the +quote feature if you want to reply to multiple posts at once. We are hoping that this change will shorten the posts and alleviate the need to manually remove unwanted nested replies.