Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook recruitment

Facebook recruitment
So both the muslims as well as the mormones are trying their fucking hardest to recruit and convert me.

I get frequent ads for both cults, I keep removing and blocking the advertisers.
Last few times I checked how I get targeted.
Basically the cults like to simply put a city / country and something very general like an age bracket or something like that.
So they just keep popping up which sucks. I wish those smart FB algorythms would learn my behaviour and stop serving these. I have blocked cult-advertisers and their ads so much at this point that it is getting ridiculous.

Not even the JW are this obnoxious and that means something.

-eom-
2+2=4
The following 1 user Likes leerob's post:
  • M.Linoge

Facebook recruitment
(08-03-2020, 10:10 PM)leerob Wrote: So both the muslims as well as the mormones are trying their fucking hardest to recruit and convert me.

I get frequent ads for both cults, I keep removing and blocking the advertisers.
Basically the cults like to simply put a city / country and something very general like an age bracket or something like that.
So they just keep popping up which sucks. I wish those smart FB algorythms would learn my behaviour and stop serving these. I have blocked cult-advertisers and their ads so much at this point that it is getting ridiculous.

-eom-
Quote:as well as the mormones

Mormonal religious people suck.
Is this sig thing on?

Facebook recruitment
(08-03-2020, 10:10 PM)leerob Wrote: So both the muslims as well as the mormones are trying their fucking hardest to recruit and convert me.

-eom-

I don't have that problem. Maybe I have been too rude in the comment sections  Tongue
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra
The following 1 user Likes M.Linoge's post:
  • leerob

Facebook recruitment
(08-03-2020, 10:16 PM)c172 Wrote: Mormonal religious people suck.

I think it is more the religious institutions that suck. The people are just brain washed and not all can wake up from the brain washing. So I wouldn't generalize that Mormons suck in general because they are people. Some people suck and some don't. 
Religious institutions in general suck though - just my humble opinion
2+2=4

Facebook recruitment

-eom-

This is why I've been hesitant about signing up for Facebook ever since I got onto the internet. I've heard too many stories about theists harassing atheists and solicitors trying to sell you stuff.  Dodgy
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • skyking

Facebook recruitment
(08-05-2020, 12:10 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:

-eom-

This is why I've been hesitant about signing up for Facebook ever since I got onto the internet. I've heard too many stories about theists harassing atheists and solicitors trying to sell you stuff.  Dodgy

.... but you that didn't stop you from getting onto the Internet?
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov

Facebook recruitment
@Gwaithmir People will always try to sell you shit. Internet or not. I just keep blocking them.
2+2=4

Facebook recruitment

-eom-

Don't forget the huge invasions of privacy that Facebook does with your personal info. Just unreal.
The following 2 users Like Tomatoshadow2's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Gwaithmir

Facebook recruitment
I click on every Facebook advert that doesn't apply to me to screw up Facebook's profile of me.

I end up with interesting combinations.

But now I'm trying to avoid Facebook because they don't do anything about hate speech on their site.
The following 3 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • skyking, Gwaithmir, mordant

Facebook recruitment
They got me to sign up for lumberjack and over the road trucking school all in the same week.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg?timestamp=1591893812]

Long Load sign was a bonus.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Facebook recruitment

-eom-

I'm out too. I saw FB and Myspace for what they were, massive data mining operations. I was doing a lot of IT side work then and did not want those sites to define me. I get sent LinkedIn requests too.