Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sociopathy and fake personality

I have been following this channel for quite some time. Fascinating analyses of personalities (mostly murderers).
Yet this one really had me glued to my seat during the entire video. I have never seen a person like this before. Faking a personality to the outside world, all the time to everyone, bullshitting with utter confidence at any given time (as seen in the video), only focused on herself.
...and she even got away with murder it seems. Frightening and fascinating, dont know more of which.

Why am i so fascinated with this shit? No clue. Maybe should have become forensic psychologist, who knows.
Anyhow.....hope theres some people who are interested too.

R.I.P. Hannes
The following 7 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • M.Linoge, Little Lunch, Dom, GenesisNemesis, c172, Aroura, epronovost

Thanks for the link.

The video was quite enthralling, particularly considering that I'd never heard of this woman or the
missing girl, Caylee.  The eventual verdict surprised me I must admit, but we have to accept the
jury's deliberations and response to the evidence, otherwise it'd throw into disrepute our entire
judicial system.

An alternative scenario to the mother's guilt (that is, her innocence) could've involved  a third—but
undiscovered party—who'd kidnapped Caylee for reasons unknown, suffocated her, and disposed of
the body in the swamp. On redirection, the prosecution should've raised this point.

I was puzzled by a couple of issues:

Why was DNA not involved?  There would've been some of the mother's—or a person unknown—on
the body, the gaffer tape, the bunny rug, or the canvas sack surely?  The most obvious place would've
been on the adhesive side of the tape, which is also a likely source of fingerprints, both possibly,
preserved by the tape's waterproof quality.  If that were  the case, it would have to have been the
mother who disposed of the body would it not?

And how could it be that the defence lawyer stated—as fact—that Caylee had drowned in the swimming
pool?  Why didn't the prosecution call the defence out on that unestablished claim?  There was not one
piece of evidence submitted proving that was what happened.  And as the defence introduced this alleged
drowning as part of its case, then surely a guilty verdict of child abuse and/or neglect would've been upheld?

Where was the pathologist's report?  Asphyxia produces tell-tale symptoms such as petechial hemorrhages
in the conjunctiva of the eyes and also on the eyelids, and on other areas of the skin.  It can also occur
postmortem.

—All in all, considering what we saw on the video, the not guilty on all counts was perplexing.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

(08-02-2020, 07:26 AM)SYZ Wrote: And how could it be that the defence lawyer stated—as fact—that Caylee had drowned in the swimming
pool?  Why didn't the prosecution call the defence out on that unestablished claim?  There was not one
piece of evidence submitted proving that was what happened.  And as the defence introduced this alleged
drowning as part of its case, then surely a guilty verdict of child abuse and/or neglect would've been upheld?
Defense strategy was to flood the jury with theories (in order to raise doubt).
The defense seems to have had a much better "relationship" to the jury (thats why i dont like the american jury system, much too subjective).

(08-02-2020, 07:26 AM)SYZ Wrote: Where was the pathologist's report?  Asphyxia produces tell-tale symptoms such as petechial hemorrhages
in the conjunctiva of the eyes and also on the eyelids, and on other areas of the skin.  It can also occur
postmortem.
Iirc only skeletal remains were found

Addendum:
I think the real persona popped up when she was on the phone after her first arrest, talking to her parents, brother and friend. She treated them like shit, all of them, being totally dismissive, and at the end called their efforts "waste, HUGE waste" after cursing at them (call ended at 26:26). In comparison watch how nice she is to the cops who blatantly accuse her of murder, how agreeable and cooperative, how calm and collected she is. Its fucking scary to imagine how such a sociopath could manipulate people around him.

When you read the wiki artice it gets even weirder.
Quote:In one affidavit, Casey (Deesse: a private eye who happened to have the same name) stated that on July 26, 2008, Baez (her attorney) admitted to him that Casey Anthony murdered Caylee Anthony "and dumped the body somewhere and, he needed all the help he could get to find the body before anyone else did".[204][205] He also claimed that Baez had a sexual relationship with Anthony, and that "Casey told me she had to do what Jose said because she had no money for her defense." Baez "vehemently" denied a sexual relationship.
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 1 user Likes Deesse23's post:
  • SYZ

I tried to watch it but as soon as I heard the distressed Grandma...I just can't take it.
I used to really get into this stuff but I'm becoming less and less resilient to just knowing that another person is suffering.
It does my head in.
The following 1 user Likes Little Lunch's post:
  • Aroura

I remember this unfolding, and how angry I was at the verdict.

And yes, she got off because the defense muddied the waters with lots of bullshit.
Freedom isn't free.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • SYZ

I think I know a sociopath but I'm not an expert so it's hard to say.   He's one of the most difficult people to get along with. He lies, attacks, manipulates, has no regard for anyone's feelings.  He's an extreme personality.  The weird thing is that he's gay and a very talented musician but he assults people he works with on facebook and social media, many who are gay.  He's a racist even though he works with black people in the music business.   People have given up on him.  He's a mess.  I don't know where he is and don't care.
                                                         T4618
The following 4 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Alan V, Little Lunch, GenesisNemesis, Aroura

My wife is addicted to the crime shows. One of her favorites is the forensic genealogist show. Last night, she was working with a 40% degraded set of data from a 23 year old cold case of rape and murder.
She goes back 5 generations or so and then works forward. It is amazing to see on the chalkboard. All these groups and data sets and she picked a set of likely ancestors. Then she tracked it down to 6 cousins, and one was within a couple of hours of the crime, the rest were more than 1000 miles away. It was out in rural Idaho, and both the likely suspect and the son chewed tobacco and spit on the road. The detectives swooped in and got swabs.
Everybody was hopeful, but the results completely eliminated the whole lot of them.
She went back and there was this one marriage in her original data set that ended in a quick divorce. She looked at obituaries and found a missing son mentioned.
That guy lived across the street from the victim. Smile
They tailed him, he tossed out a cigarette butt, and it was a 100% match to the crime scene DNA. They got him in for questioning, and after a while, he admitted to the crime.
The following 5 users Like skyking's post:
  • Deesse23, Alan V, Little Lunch, Thumpalumpacus, Dancefortwo

Psychology is supposed to help us understand why people like this exist, but nothing does it for me.
Rogue black hole 2020
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • skyking

(08-02-2020, 03:16 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: I think I know a sociopath but I'm not an expert so it's hard to say.   He's one of the most difficult people to get along with. He lies, attacks, manipulates, has no regard for anyone's feelings.  He's an extreme personality.  The weird thing is that he's gay and a very talented musician but he assults people he works with on facebook and social media, many who are gay.  He's a racist even though he works with black people in the music business.   People have given up on him.  He's a mess.  I don't know where he is and don't care.

"Aha! More evidence that being gay leads to immorality" - right winger
Rogue black hole 2020
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Dancefortwo

I think our judicial system is a good one. Like the OJ Simpson case the prosecution fucked up. They failed and they should have worked harder.
One thing you never see: A guy in Boston Mass. with a Union flag yelling "The Nawth's gonna rise again!"

I'm a longtime women's gymnastics fan. In the mid-00s, I travelled out to East Lansing for a meet against Pitt, my then-local team. I never would have dreamed that Larry Nassar existed or that, instead of team doctor duties, he raped 100+ gymnasts and other athletes at Michigan State under the guise of medicine. There's a ton of stuff on him on YouTube, but I admit, I really wonder exactly what his day-to-day life is like now in prison. I'm not the least bit sorry for him. But prisoner logs on him or various others might be an interesting read.

“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
-Carl Sagan

"The best counter to extremist speech is not censorship. The best counter is more speech." -Thumpalumpacus

(08-02-2020, 09:00 PM)Chimp3 Wrote: I think our judicial system is a good one. Like the OJ Simpson case the prosecution fucked up. They failed and they should have worked harder.

It's fairly obvious how the Simpson prosecution screwed up, but I don't see that in this case, nor have I heard any evidence towards that end.  The defense was simply very emotionally manipulative of they jury, while accusing the prosecutors of doing the very thing he himself was guilty of, and that worked. This is one of the flaws with a jury system, nothing is perfect.  People can be swayed by a very charismatic person, away from looking rationally at the facts.  There were no blunders made on the defenses part, that I'm aware of.

In Portugal, very rarely there are jury trials. In high profile cases they use a collective of judges at most. All justice systems have loopholes, to be exploited. From the video, it is clear the manipulation by the defense.
The following 2 users Like LastPoet's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Deesse23

(08-02-2020, 09:00 PM)Chimp3 Wrote: I think our judicial system is a good one. Like the OJ Simpson case the prosecution fucked up. They failed and they should have worked harder.

That was a simple case of jury nullification. The evidence was solid.
Theists disbelieve in all deities but one.  I just disbelieve in one less.

(08-03-2020, 12:13 PM)LastPoet Wrote: In Portugal, very rarely there are jury trials. In high profile cases they use a collective of judges at most. All justice systems have loopholes, to be exploited. From the video, it is clear the manipulation by the defense.

In Germany we have something called "Schöffengericht". A "Schöffe" is basically a civil juror like in the US. The jury trials were abandoned and Schöffengerichte were introduced in 1924 (Weimar strikes again!).

There are two preconditions for such a court:
#1 Only (alleged) offenses with <4y imprisonment can be dealt with
#2 Such courts are only the lowest ranking courts

Higher ranking courts only have *professionals*.

I like this approach.
R.I.P. Hannes