Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess god is mad at Trump.

Hurricane ‘Hanna’ knocks down border wall

https://www.explica.co/hurricane-hanna-k...rder-wall/

Couldn't find this on any other site. Saw it on Twitter first. But, schadenfreude. ROFL2

If you wanna see the video here's the Twitter link. https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/12...8543166464
Rogue black hole 2020

That was Poseidon.
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.
The following 6 users Like Old Man Marsh's post:
  • Dom, Thumpalumpacus, GenesisNemesis, Fireball, RobbyPants, Paleophyte

That's bad news for Mexico.  Now US residents can cross unimpeded into Mexico and risk infecting Mexicans with Covid-19.
The following 10 users Like airportkid's post:
  • Dom, GenesisNemesis, Fireball, Full Circle, Dancefortwo, mordant, M.Linoge, Deesse23, skyking, Paleophyte

That's just a little wind. Imagine what people with tools can do.
Freedom isn't free.
The following 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Dom, GenesisNemesis, Dancefortwo, skyking

(07-26-2020, 10:18 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: That's just a little wind. Imagine what people with tools can do.

[Image: berlin.jpg]

Just rifling through those pictures brought tears to my eyes! What an emotional time that was!
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 4 users Like Dom's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus, M.Linoge, Deesse23

“It’s going to be the best wall.”
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
The following 4 users Like Full Circle's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Dancefortwo, Fireball, M.Linoge

(07-26-2020, 10:13 PM)airportkid Wrote: That's bad news for Mexico.  Now US residents can cross unimpeded into Mexico and risk infecting Mexicans with Covid-19.

I make good money in a similar fashion. I smuggle people from Illinois across the river and into the US.
  [Image: pirates.gif] Dog  
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Bucky Ball

That's one of the funniest videos I've seen in a while.  Hubby and I fell over laughing......hahahahaha........kinda like that lame wall fell over.   It needs to be a gif or a meme or something.  Somebody needs to get right on this task.   Thumbs Up

Oh....I need to add this Shelley poem because.....well....it fits perfectly.

I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”
                                                         T4618
The following 4 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Dom, M.Linoge, Gwaithmir

(07-26-2020, 10:33 PM)Dom Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 10:18 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: That's just a little wind. Imagine what people with tools can do.

[Image: berlin.jpg]

Just rifling through those pictures brought tears to my eyes! What an emotional time that was!

I was in the Air Force when the Wall was dropped, crawled over, defeated; I watched it on TV in the barracks. Of course I was so happy for the many Eastern Europeans overthrowing their dictatorships. And then when we were able a couple of years later to download the last alert nuclear bombers at my base (second-to-last in America, only Minot AFB followed), I felt like my service actually meant something; I felt like the long hours and thankless duty had a payoff, because not only were many Europeans freer, many humans were freer of the fear of nuclear war.

Of course, it didn't take long for us to fuck things up again. I now wonder what, if anything, I gave to my country besides ten years of breathing room before we squandered the fruits of a bloodless victory, and once again gave the world warning that while the nukes were in storage, the bombers weren't. Nor was the ugly shade of jingoism.

Those were the years -- when we felt democracy was moving forward, without bullets -- right?

Just another example showing that eternal vigilance is needed to guard freedoms for people.
Freedom isn't free.
The following 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Dom, Fireball, Deesse23

Asshole can't even build a wall!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(07-27-2020, 12:20 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Asshole can't even build a wall!

There's a quote somewhere about how dictators build nothing of value. I'm sure that someone here with a bit more historical knowledge can fill in the details. The premise was that the kind of shit that a dictator demands screws up the process. I think that it's a real shame that the chump wasn't standing there when some of those pieces fell over. He's probably not even being told that it happened, the fucking snowflake.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

I don't know about that one.  The Great Pyramid was built by a dictator.  The Great Wall of China was built by a dictator.  The Colosseum was built by a family of dictators.

The Titanic was built by the lowest bidder.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus, Gwaithmir

(07-27-2020, 02:21 AM)Minimalist Wrote: I don't know about that one.  The Great Pyramid was built by a dictator.  The Great Wall of China was built by a dictator.  The Colosseum was built by a family of dictators.

OK, maybe it was from more recent dictators. Like everything, there will be exceptions. On that note, the US put men on the moon with the lowest bidders. Quality control was a pretty good contributor.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(07-27-2020, 02:25 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 02:21 AM)Minimalist Wrote: I don't know about that one.  The Great Pyramid was built by a dictator.  The Great Wall of China was built by a dictator.  The Colosseum was built by a family of dictators.

OK, maybe it was from more recent dictators. Like everything, there will be exceptions. On that note, the US put men on the moon with the lowest bidders. Quality control was a pretty good contributor.

Dictators can get shit done ... including themselves, because (especially nowadays) the human cost is also a bill that must be paid, and can't be hidden as in days of yore.

Both command economies and laissez-faire capitalism ignore a primal human quality, greed.
Freedom isn't free.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball

(07-27-2020, 02:34 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 02:25 AM)Fireball Wrote:

Dictators can get shit done ... including themselves, because (especially nowadays) the human cost is also a bill that must be paid, and can't be hidden as in days of yore.

Both command economies and laissez-faire capitalism ignore a primal human quality, greed.

I expect the electorate to take care of it. This country's life really depends on it. I live in California, so the election is a moot point for all those who fellate that loofa-faced shit gibbon here. I do know several people who voted for him who truly regret it. Guess they should have had their heads out of their asses, THEN. How ANYONE could have watched the debates and still voted for him still boggles my mind...and in the intervening years, seeing the shit he says.  Facepalm

Just noticed that the video was removed for some reason. One official questioned its authenticity, but given the level of denial that this administration has exhibited, I wouldn't be surprised if they're also denying this.
Rogue black hole 2020
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Dancefortwo

(07-27-2020, 02:52 AM)Fireball Wrote: I expect the electorate to take care of it.

While I certainly hope you're right, I sure as Hell don't expect it, not after 2016. We have to make it so.

[Image: 3039638-poster-p-1-make-it-so.jpg]
Freedom isn't free.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Fireball

I'd like to take this opportunity to say, "Fuck Trump, with a fire hydrant that somehow achieved near-orbital velocity, but somehow managed to make a flaming re-entry, and ended you-know-where". Not sure if people know how I feel.  Tongue
The following 3 users Like Fireball's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Dancefortwo, Thumpalumpacus

"Big... Tall.. Strong... Powerful... Impenetrable..."  Rofl2

It's wrong to laugh at the mentally ill, but  Rofl2
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra
The following 1 user Likes M.Linoge's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

So this wall's designers didn't know Texas gets hurricanes and design accordingly. Brownsville, Texas, on the border has been pounded numerous times by hurricanes and tropical storms. It is going to be fun when more cameras go there after Hanna has ended to survey the damage.
Plunk your magic twanger Froggy!   Boinnnnnng!  Hiya Kids!  Hiya! Hiya!

The following 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

"Men fear Time. Time fears The Pyramids." (Egyptian Proverb)  Consider
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Dancefortwo, GenesisNemesis

(07-27-2020, 04:08 AM)Fireball Wrote: I'd like to take this opportunity to say, "Fuck Trump, with a fire hydrant that somehow achieved near-orbital velocity, but somehow managed to make a flaming re-entry, and ended you-know-where". Not sure if people know how I feel.  Tongue

He only gets my eternal question: pineapple, or cactus?
Freedom isn't free.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball

(07-27-2020, 09:47 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:

The waves of time upon the monuments of men are as the waves at the seashore upon a child's sand-castle.

One day we too will be known only by our fossils, Egyptian proverbs notwithstanding.
Freedom isn't free.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball, Gwaithmir

(07-28-2020, 01:58 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 09:47 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:

The waves of time upon the monuments of men are as the waves on the seashore upon a child's sand-castle.

One day we too will be known only by our fossils, Egyptian proverbs notwithstanding.

[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

[Image: giant%20meteor%202020.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Dom