Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chores you like and chores you don't

Chores I like (or I should say I don't mind):

Laundry
Steam cleaning the floors/cleaning the floors 
Sweeping
Wiping down counters
Windows

Chores I don't care for:

Doing dishes
Cleaning bathrooms
Yardwork
Vaccuuming
Dusting

How about you?
The following 3 users Like Bcat's post:
  • M.Linoge, Aroura, Little Lunch

Anything plumbing. The work always seems to be in the most awkward positions, there is often ICK involved, and I never know if I've got it right until I turn the water back on. It usually takes me two or three times.

Painting, it's so slow, messy and tedious.

Bathing the dogs.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 4 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Bcat, M.Linoge, Thumpalumpacus, Little Lunch

(07-25-2020, 05:10 PM)brewerb Wrote: Anything plumbing. The work always seems to be in the most awkward positions, there is often ICK involved, and I never know if I've got it right until I turn the water back on. It usually takes me two or three times.

Bathing the dogs.

I agree about bathing the dogs.  I used to take them to the groomer and give them baths occasionally myself.  Now with Covid, I only give them baths at home.  Dog shampoo, large dogs, and a garden hose don't mix.  They run around the yard all soapy while I chase them with a bucket of water...not fun.  Anyway, you can see why my go-to was the groomer.   Tongue
The following 3 users Like Bcat's post:
  • M.Linoge, brewerb, Little Lunch

I don't like anything all the time (wish I did. I think Life 101 needs to be taught in school). But I hate when my dishes hit a certain hreshold, so when the danger of that becomes obvious, I can be pretty enthusiastic about dish washing.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
-Carl Sagan

"The best counter to extremist speech is not censorship. The best counter is more speech." -Thumpalumpacus
The following 4 users Like c172's post:
  • Bcat, M.Linoge, skyking, Little Lunch

Life is a chore. I don't like it at all!
The following 2 users Like no one's post:
  • Bcat, M.Linoge

Chores I don't care for:
Cleaning bathrooms
Vaccuuming
Windows
plumbing

I'm ok with the rest.
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra
The following 1 user Likes M.Linoge's post:
  • Bcat

I dislike all of them.
god, ugh
The following 4 users Like julep's post:
  • Bcat, Fireball, Dom, Little Lunch

(07-25-2020, 05:21 PM)Bcat Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 05:10 PM)brewerb Wrote: Anything plumbing. The work always seems to be in the most awkward positions, there is often ICK involved, and I never know if I've got it right until I turn the water back on. It usually takes me two or three times.

Bathing the dogs.

I agree about bathing the dogs.  I used to take them to the groomer and give them baths occasionally myself.  Now with Covid, I only give them baths at home.  Dog shampoo, large dogs, and a garden hose don't mix.  They run around the yard all soapy while I chase them with a bucket of water...not fun. 

I bet you neighbors thinks it's funny.  Chuckle
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra
The following 3 users Like M.Linoge's post:
  • Bcat, Dom, Thumpalumpacus

(07-25-2020, 06:10 PM)M.Linoge Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 05:21 PM)Bcat Wrote:

Bathing the dogs.

I agree about bathing the dogs.  I used to take them to the groomer and give them baths occasionally myself.  Now with Covid, I only give them baths at home.  Dog shampoo, large dogs, and a garden hose don't mix.  They run around the yard all soapy while I chase them with a bucket of water...not fun. 

I bet you neighbors thinks it's funny.  Chuckle

Luckily they can't see me because of my fence ha ha but you're right they would!  Tongue
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • M.Linoge

I dislike all chores.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
The following 4 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Bcat, julep, SYZ, Little Lunch

All suck. What sucks the least is dishes, because we have an automatic dishwasher. Load it, run it, put the clean dishes away. When I was on company travel I used paper plates and plastic utensils. I'm horrible that way. Grilled t-bone steak on a paper plate.  Dance  Yards work sucks the most. I despise it, and don't do it. I have two sons who get to do that task.
The following 4 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Bcat, SYZ, Thumpalumpacus, Little Lunch

(07-25-2020, 04:46 PM)Bcat Wrote: Chores I like (or I should say I don't mind):

Laundry
Sweeping
Wiping down counters
Windows...

Uh..... you wouldn't mind popping over to our home for a couple of hours a week would you Ms Bee?
I can assure you that you'd be well compensated with large tax-free gifts of crisp banknotes in plain
brown paper envelopes.    Just like  many of your politicians in fact.

Tongue
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 3 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Bcat, Fireball, M.Linoge

(07-25-2020, 07:31 PM)SYZ Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 04:46 PM)Bcat Wrote: Chores I like (or I should say I don't mind):

Laundry
Sweeping
Wiping down counters
Windows...

Uh..... you wouldn't mind popping over to our home for a couple of hours a week would you Ms Bee?
I can assure you that you'd be well compensated with large tax-free gifts of crisp banknotes in plain
brown paper envelopes.    Just like  many of your politicians in fact.

Tongue

A free trip to Australia? Sure!  Tongue
The following 2 users Like Bcat's post:
  • SYZ, Thumpalumpacus

In my opinion, vacuuming sucks.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 3 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Fireball, Bcat, Little Lunch

(07-25-2020, 07:46 PM)SYZ Wrote: In my opinion, vacuuming sucks.

I actually don't mind vacuuming, too much. We have all hardwood, tile or linoleum floors. Easy to clean and easy to tell when it is or isn't, unlike carpet. Still sucks, though.  Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Bcat

I used to hate washing dishes , but now that I switched to all glass, I like it, so easy to see every speck and make it sparkle. I have one of those sponge rest/soap dispenser combos, and you just tap it with the sponge on it and get a nice, soapy sponge. It's all good.

I still hate everything else though.  Tongue
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Bcat

I almost enjoy doing the laundry.  I think I like it because I'm amazed by the machine and all the work it does for you.  Before washing machines and dryers the laundry was a thing of horror.  It took two days to do.  It was just awful.   

This is amazing.  This lady does a historic re-creation of how laundry was done 200 years ago.   If you watch this you'll run over, bow down to your washing machine with tearful, worshipful appreciation and smother it with kisses!!     kiss    Heart

Edit:  I removed the second video because it doesn't really show how the laundry was done.
                                                         T4618
The following 4 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Bcat, Dom, Thumpalumpacus, Little Lunch

Retrieving what ever the fuck it is making all that noise in the garbage disposal.
  [Image: pirates.gif] Dog  
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Bcat

I don't mind vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, and doing the cooking. I'm ambivalent about laundry. Just about everything else is in the *sigh* *grumble* *dammit, all right* category.
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 2 users Like trdsf's post:
  • Bcat, Thumpalumpacus

I don't mind doing chores at all.
I do each one, once a year, whether they need it or not.  Big Grin
The following 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • Bcat, M.Linoge, Thumpalumpacus, Little Lunch

(07-25-2020, 09:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: I don't mind doing chores at all.

Spoken like a true bachelor!  Smile
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Bcat, Little Lunch

Cleaning the bathroom is my all time hated chore. I've even thought half-jokingly to myself about hiring a housekeeper just to clean the bathroom. My bathroom is not even that bad but the idea of all those microbes - yuck.

I like watering the plants and making the bed. Cooking is good too. At least there's a reward at the end. Also, feeding the cat. She always seems happy about that.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 4 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Bcat, M.Linoge, Fireball, Little Lunch

If I like doing it, it's not a chore. Examples: Cooking dinner, changing strings on my guitars, yardwork on a cooler day, washing my truck (which rarely get done anyway, it's a truck and supposed to look rough).

Dishes? It's a chore, but I do it. Cleaning bathroom and floors in the house, ditto.

Washing the dog? Take him to mom's house and put him in the pool, there's a good Boo-boo!
Freedom isn't free.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Bcat, M.Linoge, Little Lunch

(07-25-2020, 09:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: I don't mind doing chores at all.
The Day the Carpet Changes Colors. I know it well.
  [Image: pirates.gif] Dog  
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Bcat, Tres Leches

Chores I like:

Ironing
dishes
Gardening
Hoovering/vacuuming

Ironing clothes and gardening normally allow for me to have my headphone in also, so I can get my funk on while doing those jobs for a bit. Dishes are something that I don't mind doing - one of my first jobs as a teen was washing dishes in a pub, so it's an old habbit by now.

In all honesty i like to do most things, when given the chance - Mrs Oaktree is very particular so somethings I'm not "allowed" to do, as I "do it wrong" haha.
#BeExcellentToEachOther
The following 2 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • Little Lunch, Bcat