Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Baseball

Baseball
Go the soccer route and have shirt sponsors instead.
Is this sig thing on?

Baseball
(04-09-2023, 04:44 PM)Minimalist Wrote: The rules changes enacted this year have in fact sped up the game.  Although I'd love to see them cut down on the between innings breaks.  Of course, the Lords of Baseball would rather amputate their own balls with a rusty saw than reduce the number of commercials they shove up our asses.

I can always count on you to make me snicker.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce

Baseball
It's a tough job but someone has to do it around here!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Baseball
Could that plate umpire miss any more calls in tonight’s WS game 2??? I bet 10% of his calls/non calls were wrong.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce

Baseball
I've been cooking, so I hadn't noticed. Not sure it'd make a difference given the score.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Baseball
I am frequently astounded by how bad major league umpires are. When replay was started I really expected it to show the umps were right most of the time.

I don't know what the fuck they are looking at sometimes.

Baseball
(10-29-2023, 05:01 AM)Minimalist Wrote: I am frequently astounded by how bad major league umpires are. When replay was started I really expected it to show the umps were right most of the time.

I don't know what the fuck they are looking at sometimes.

I don't generally pay attention to baseball.  (Sorry about that guys.)  But a few weeks ago I watched the PBS documentary on the Huston Astros scandal back in 2017.  I vaguely remember hearing something in the news about banging on a trash can to tip off the batter but when I happened onto this video I didn't realize the Astros went on to win the World Series.    I guess there's always a lot of shenanigans going on in sports but that seemed pretty shitty.  Do you baseball fans think their World Series win should have been revoked?  

T4618

Baseball
Yes.
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Baseball
I second that…
The following 1 user Likes pattylt's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Baseball
They should institutionalize the asterisk.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Baseball
Field of Dreams (5/9) Movie CLIP - People Will Come (1989) HD

Field of Dreams (8/9) Movie CLIP - Ray Meets His Father (1989) HD

Is this heaven ?

John Kinsella: Is this heaven?
Ray Kinsella: It's...Iowa.
John: Iowa?
Ray: Yeah...
John: I could have sworn it was heaven.
Ray: Is...is there a heaven?
John: Oh, yeah. It's the place where dreams come true.
Ray: Maybe this is heaven.

[Image: 53314725548_4862354f2a_b.jpg]
test

Baseball
The Dodgers just signed Shohei Ohtani to a $700 million contract over ten years.  He's a great player but he's a pitcher who just had Tommy John surgery on his elbow and will be restricted to being a DH for next season.

Now, I don't care how much money the Dodgers spend.  They've done the same thing for years and fallen flat on their faces when the playoffs start.  But.  How much do you want to bet that when the Collective Bargaining Agreement comes up again the General Managers and owners, who are throwing money around like republiKKKunts giving tax cuts to rich motherfuckers, will blame the players for being "greedy?"
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • pattylt

Baseball
I know nothing of these arcane arts.

Vivekananda