Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell us about you and your vehicle

Marisa looks fine, except for those fugly glasses. A better style would frame her face better, but she has a natural beauty I really like.

The years have been much less kind to me, that's for sure.
On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball, Deesse23, Dancefortwo

(07-28-2020, 03:46 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Marisa looks fine, except for those fugly glasses. A better style would frame her face better, but she has a natural beauty I really like.

Watchoo talking about? Those biceps in your avatar are killer!  Tongue
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(07-28-2020, 04:15 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 03:46 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Marisa looks fine, except for those fugly glasses. A better style would frame her face better, but she has a natural beauty I really like.

Watchoo talking about? Those biceps in your avatar are killer!  Tongue

I was busy hoisting engines into B-24s that week! Of course I'm gonna sprout a little.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball, SYZ

(07-28-2020, 03:11 AM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: I'll take Christie at 63 over Tomei at 55. [Image: Drooling.gif]

[Image: Christie-63.jpg]
Thank you for making me feel so dirty right now. Dodgy
R.I.P. Hannes

Back to "your vehicle"... I bought a 2020 Subaru Forester Premium rcently. It came with all sorts of autonomous controls for my personal safety. I hate those.

I thought I could turn off most of them. Nooo...

I especially hate the automatic engine turn-off when stopped at a traffic light. I do local errands in a small crowded town. There is a button near the shift that supoosedly determines whether the shut-off function is on or off. The car shuts down either way.

Last week, the steering wheel pushed at me. Because (apparently) I had drifted "out of lane". I hadn't, but the car decided I had.

For the first time in my entire life, I have "the wrong car". I want a "stupid" car. I want a car that makes no decisions for me. What should I do?
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • brewerb

(07-28-2020, 06:21 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 03:11 AM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: I'll take Christie at 63 over Tomei at 55. [Image: Drooling.gif]

Thank you for making me feel so dirty right now.  Dodgy

No problem. Big Grin 

Does it make it better, or worse, that the other two ladies in the photo are Christie's daughters. Alexa Ray Joel (31, on the left) and Sailor Brinkley Cook (18, on the right)?
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]

(07-28-2020, 06:20 PM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 06:21 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:

Thank you for making me feel so dirty right now.  Dodgy

No problem. Big Grin 

Does it make it better, or worse, that the other two ladies in the photo are Christie's daughters. Alexa Ray Joel (31, on the left) and Sailor Brinkley Cook (18, on the right)?

Shit hits the fan
White Flag
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 1 user Likes Deesse23's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

(07-28-2020, 10:26 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 06:20 PM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 06:21 AM)Deesse23 Wrote: Thank you for making me feel so dirty right now.  Dodgy

No problem. Big Grin 

Shit hits the fan
White Flag

Christie looks great but she's had a facelift or two and some botox and lots of filler.  She may have had her teeth veneered. It's a big deal in Hollywood.  As you get older your teeth sort of sink and get gaps in them so actresses are having their teeth veneered.  Jane Fonda talked about her veneers in an interview I was watching.  She spent $55,000 dollars on the veneers.  

That said, Christie has great bone structure and a very good starting point for a plastic surgery work more magic.   And she smiles a lot.  Makes her look younger and full of fun. 

So, I'm going to try and save this hijacked thread by posting Michelle Obama and James Cordon singing karaoke in his.....CAR.    Big Grin  

There's a reason this video has almost 77 million views. It's totally FUN!

T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dānu

(07-28-2020, 11:59 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 10:26 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 06:20 PM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: No problem. Big Grin 

Shit hits the fan
White Flag

Christie looks great but she's had a facelift or two and some botox and lots of filler.  She may have had her teeth veneered. It's a big deal in Hollywood.  As you get older your teeth sort of sink and get gaps in them so actresses are having their teeth veneered.  Jane Fonda talked about her veneers in an interview I was watching.  She spent $55,000 dollars on the veneers.  

That said, Christie has great bone structure and a very good starting point for a plastic surgery work more magic.   And she smiles a lot.  Makes her look younger and full of fun. 

So, I'm going to try and save this hijacked thread by posting Michelle Obama and James Cordon singing karaoke in his.....CAR.    Big Grin  

There's a reason this video has almost 77 million views.  It's totally FUN!

Still, you won't find many (if any) women who look as good as Christie at 60+ even with twice the plastic surgery. Smile

And in keeping with the thread:
[Image: National-Lampoons-Vacation-%C2%A9-1983-W....-Inc..jpg] Big Grin
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Dancefortwo

I am contemplating new injectors for my truck. I don't need them, but I *need* them Tongue
The following 3 users Like skyking's post:
  • Dānu, brewerb, SYZ

(07-29-2020, 02:07 AM)skyking Wrote: I am contemplating new injectors for my truck. I don't need them, but I *need* them Tongue

More euphemisms?
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

need as in Desire Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • brewerb

Here's my vehicle! 2016 Toyota Corolla. At the drive-in a few days ago with my daughter to watch that 1980s classic The Goonies.

Do you recline (low rider), sit as if in a chair or try to see over the front? I need the seat to be high so I feel like I'm lording it over the other drivers.

Where do you grab the wheel? One hand or two? 10 and 2 but sometimes 4 and 8 if I'm feeling especially lazy.

How often do you exceed the speed limit? Quite often but only by about 5 mph. Most times even then, people are still whizzing past me.

Radio habits? (music,talk, commercial edit) NPR and pop music. Rush Limbaugh if I'm feeling masochistic that day.

Cell phone habits (be honest)? Never.  No phone calls or texts. It's far too dangerous.

Fun Fact: The bumper sticker says "Santa Cruz". The car was rear-ended by another driver last year and the bumper was replaced, sans bumper sticker, sadly. I was in Santa Cruz again a few months later and tracked down the same bumper sticker to replace it and all was well with the world again.

ETA: This thread took a weird turn somewhere.  Big Grin

[Image: 2xYqwRD.jpg]
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 6 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • skyking, Dancefortwo, Thumpalumpacus, Dānu, brewerb, Bcat

^ Rush Limbaugh!? What is wrong with you, young lady!? Dayamn, anything over two minutes and my head asplode. I haven't listened to that asshat in over 10 years.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Tres Leches

(07-29-2020, 03:25 AM)Fireball Wrote: ^ Rush Limbaugh!? What is wrong with you, young lady!? Dayamn, anything over two minutes and my head asplode. I haven't listened to that asshat in over 10 years.

Yes, I only last for a few minutes too, on infrequent occasions. That's all I can take. It's sort of like slowing down to gawk while passing a car wreck. I know I shouldn't gawk but sometimes I can't help it!

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

The following 2 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Fireball, Thumpalumpacus

I listen to some form of that Caca from time to time, just to hear the sources of crazytalk.
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Tres Leches

(07-29-2020, 03:07 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Here's my vehicle! 2016 Toyota Corolla. At the drive-in a few days ago with my daughter to watch that 1980s classic The Goonies.

Do you recline (low rider), sit as if in a chair or try to see over the front? I need the seat to be high so I feel like I'm lording it over the other drivers.

Where do you grab the wheel? One hand or two? 10 and 2 but sometimes 4 and 8 if I'm feeling especially lazy.

How often do you exceed the speed limit? Quite often but only by about 5 mph. Most times even then, people are still whizzing past me.

Radio habits? (music,talk, commercial edit) NPR and pop music. Rush Limbaugh if I'm feeling masochistic that day.

Cell phone habits (be honest)? Never.  No phone calls or texts. It's far too dangerous.

Fun Fact: The bumper sticker says "Santa Cruz". The car was rear-ended by another driver last year and the bumper was replaced, sans bumper sticker, sadly. I was in Santa Cruz again a few months later and tracked down the same bumper sticker to replace it and all was well with the world again.

ETA: This thread took a weird turn somewhere.  Big Grin

[Image: 2xYqwRD.jpg]

I love that you went to a drive-in!  That's so cool.  I know one of the actors who was in The Goonies, the guy who played Mr. Perkins, Curt Hanson.    I've never see the movie though.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Tres Leches

(07-27-2020, 07:16 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 09:32 AM)Ausländer Wrote: I drive a seat leon with natural gas fuel, thus basically a VW branded car.
Audi, to be precise.

Components are the same for all...
Unluckyly VW decided to gradually step out of natural gas as fuel (due to poor sales). In Italy, wher diesel is more expensive than in Germany and natural gas is cheaper than in Germany, natural gas vehicle are a good compromise for environment & money savings.
I know Audi very well, I worked with them in developing the new Auspuff NOx free and PM10 free and the technology they exerimantally deploy to clean inner cities air (Audi branded containers on Frankfurt that suck air, filter it and put it back purified. Great concept but who is gonna pay for it?

(07-29-2020, 03:07 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Here's my vehicle! 2016 Toyota Corolla. At the drive-in a few days ago with my daughter to watch that 1980s classic The Goonies...

Uh.....

[Image: 2x-Yqw-RD-1.jpg]

Are all the other drivers watching the screen in their rear-vision mirrors?

Consider
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Bcat, Tres Leches

(07-29-2020, 09:25 PM)SYZ Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 03:07 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Here's my vehicle! 2016 Toyota Corolla. At the drive-in a few days ago with my daughter to watch that 1980s classic The Goonies...

Uh.....

Consider

The others all have junk in da trunk.

T probably plans to steam up the winders. ROFL2
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • SYZ, Tres Leches

I started working on the bed and toolboxes today, after the detail shop acid washed the aluminum.
[Image: IMG-20200729-191159.jpghttp:]
The following 2 users Like skyking's post:
  • brewerb, Thumpalumpacus

(07-19-2020, 02:45 PM)brewerb Wrote: And what goes on while motoring.

What do you own?

Do you recline (low rider), sit as if in a chair or try to see over the front?

Where do you grab the wheel? One hand or two?

How often do you exceed the speed limit?

Radio habits? (music,talk, commercial edit)

Cell phone habits (be honest)?

Anything else you'd like to tell us.

Kia Sportage and Toytota Sienna, chair, left hand at 12 o'clock, always exceed but not more than 5 to 10 mph, all music with knee jerk commercial edit poking, don't own a cell phone.

2010 Chevy Malibu Chrome Edition it has 143,300 miles on it. 
I sit straight with the lumbar support fully engaged. 
How I grab the wheel depends on several things. Road conditions, weather conditions, how long I’ve been sitting there etc. 
Do I speed? Well if I’m in my personal vehicle then on the highways I keep up with the flow of traffic. If that means I speed, then sure. I will not speed through residential areas or on non-highway roads with two lanes of traffic (both directions). In the company vehicle I never go more than five miles per hour over the limit because the sensors on the car will throw up a red flag and I’ll get a call from corporate.  
Radio habits vary. Most mornings it’s the Elvis Duran in the Morning Show. After that it’s classic rock. 
Cell phone is on the charger and I only use it if I’m stopped.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 2 users Like Joods's post:
  • SYZ, brewerb

Uh.....

Consider

Looks like they're all trucks and minivans.  They're probably sitting on the truck bed watching the movie.  A tailgate movie.
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • SYZ, Bcat, Tres Leches

Uh.....

Consider

That does look strange  Big Grin
Most people brought their gigantic trucks and SUVs and sat in the truck beds or opened the rear of their SUV to watch the movie. Not many others had a normal car like us. I even brought a boom box to listen to the movie's audio outside and we sat in lawn chairs to watch it.

-Teresa

The following 3 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Bcat, brewerb, skyking