Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Louis attorneys draw down on protestors passing by.

https://www.fox23.com/news/trending/whit...IBX473XZY/

ST. LOUIS — A white St. Louis couple pulled weapons, including what appeared to be an assault rifle, on Black Lives Matter protesters who marched through their upscale neighborhood Sunday on their way to the mayor’s house.

A 31-second video posted on Twitter shows the couple outside their home, the man shouting at the protesters as the couple points their weapons at the crowd. It is unclear in the video what the man is shouting. Several demonstrators are heard urging fellow marchers to move on and ignore the couple.

The Riverfront Times in St. Louis, which had a reporter and photographer at the scene, identified the couple as personal injury lawyers Mark and Patricia McCloskey.

Continues on site.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

(06-30-2020, 12:37 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: https://www.fox23.com/news/trending/whit...IBX473XZY/

ST. LOUIS — A white St. Louis couple pulled weapons, including what appeared to be an assault rifle, on Black Lives Matter protesters who marched through their upscale neighborhood Sunday on their way to the mayor’s house.

A 31-second video posted on Twitter shows the couple outside their home, the man shouting at the protesters as the couple points their weapons at the crowd. It is unclear in the video what the man is shouting. Several demonstrators are heard urging fellow marchers to move on and ignore the couple.

The Riverfront Times in St. Louis, which had a reporter and photographer at the scene, identified the couple as personal injury lawyers Mark and Patricia McCloskey.

Continues on site.

And of course puppet retweeted it...trying to distract from CV and all the reports on his treasonous phone calls, etc.  

Also: fuck the McCloskeys for their lies.
god, ugh

I just saw a statement that they released saying that they weren't bothered by the peaceful protesters and they new that they were coming, but that they were worried about some white violent protesters that were mixed into the crowd that did some damage to their property that they were worried about. They said that they support BLM and actually have had cases of defending victims of police brutality.

But if you look at the couple, they look like they've never held a gun in their lives, at one point the husband was actually pointing his rifle at his wife & she was pointing her gun at him. These are the kind of people that are more likely to kill each other then anybody else.

Anyway it'll probably be a day or so when more video comes out the really see something closer to the truth.
[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

The following 1 user Likes Unsapien's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

"I'll take 'They Are Both Full of Shit' for $1,000, Alex."
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • julep, Thumpalumpacus, Fireball

One would think that attorneys, of all people, would be aware of brandishing laws. With video, I'll expect a "Not Guilty" plea. Rolleyes
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

LOL... (not really)...

When I first saw the (still) images of the couple yesterday, I had assumed that they were standing on the steps
of some government building, looking at the imperious nature of the architecture.  I didn't realise until I took the
time to read and view the report today that it was actually a private house!    I'll be fucked!

Obviously solicitors in America are ripping off their clients to "some" degree?       Grim
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • tomilay

The city has apparently decided to get its head out of its ass and act.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/30/st-louis-l...stigation/
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Fireball

Maybe the trial will be held in Ferguson?

From your lips to Dog's ears!

Eh?

There is no god..... but there are Dogs!

[Image: VfuXSk5.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • SYZ, Minimalist, epronovost

Obviously this dickwad is massively pumped up on his own self-importance...

—McCloskey has insisted in an interview that they only grabbed the weapons
after being "threatened with our lives," comparing it to "storming the Bastille."

Seriously?       Big Grin
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

I wonder if anyone had grabbed the gun, stripped it and handed it back. Would he know how to reassemble it?

(06-30-2020, 04:56 PM)SYZ Wrote: Obviously this dickwad is massively pumped up on his own self-importance...

after being "threatened with our lives," comparing it to "storming the Bastille."

Weren't there, like, a handful of prisoners in the Bastille and not that many guards, when it was stormed, and generally a mobby mess? Seems appropriate.
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

(06-30-2020, 05:31 PM)Vera Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 04:56 PM)SYZ Wrote: Obviously this dickwad is massively pumped up on his own self-importance...

Weren't there, like, a handful of prisoners in the Bastille and not that many guards, when it was stormed, and generally a mobby mess? Seems appropriate.

It wasn't glorious event, that's true (or at least my history professors said so) but in popular imagination it is quite potent symbol. So unless dude knows subject well then I think it was arrogance speaking.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.

(06-30-2020, 05:45 PM)Szuchow Wrote: It wasn't glorious event, that's true (or at least my history professors said so) but in popular imagination it is quite potent symbol. So unless dude knows subject well then I think it was arrogance speaking.

My comment was a joke. It's ironic that he thinks he did this heroic thing, when neither what he did - nor the original heroic thing - were all that heroic.
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

The defenders of the Bastille ended up dead.  Their commander had his head stuck on a pike!

The protestors weren't even stopping at his house until they came out waving their penis-substitutes at the passers-by.