Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carl Bernstein - National Treasure

King Fuckface I - National Disgrace

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/politics/...index.html

Quote:From pandering to Putin to abusing allies and ignoring his own advisers, Trump's phone calls alarm US officials

By Carl Bernstein, CNN

Quote:In hundreds of highly classified phone calls with foreign heads of state, President Donald Trump was so consistently unprepared for discussion of serious issues, so often outplayed in his conversations with powerful leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and so abusive to leaders of America's principal allies, that the calls helped convince some senior US officials -- including his former secretaries of state and defense, two national security advisers and his longest-serving chief of staff -- that the President himself posed a danger to the national security of the United States, according to White House and intelligence officials intimately familiar with the contents of the conversations.

What would you expect from a third rate real estate broker like Trumpolini?
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

The election of Trump represents the failure of our educational system, that so many voted for him at all.
The following 3 users Like Alan V's post:
  • julep, Thumpalumpacus, Bucky Ball

(06-29-2020, 11:17 PM)Minimalist Wrote: What would you expect from a third rate real estate broker like Trumpolini?

I read that earlier on CNN. Amazing so many talked to Bernstein. 
The Dumpster must be having yet another tantrum that so much got leaked. 
I'm waiting for someone like Bernstein to start talking about (with some facts) about what Putin has on Trump. 
I suspect that it concerns the money-laundering into the Trump condos by Russian oligarchs and maybe even Putin himself .. in Trump properties in NY, Florida, and at least Trump Panama, internationally.
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(06-30-2020, 02:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote: I read that earlier on CNN. Amazing so many talked to Bernstein. 
Not really.  He and Woodward are known to protect their sources assiduously.  Sources can talk to them on deep background and don't fear getting 'outed' -- even when Mark Felt identified himself as Deep Throat, they were hesitant to confirm until Bradlee told them they needed to.

We could damn skippy use a few more Woodwards and Bernsteins these days -- and for that matter a few more Ben Bradlees and Katherine Grahams.
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 2 users Like trdsf's post:
  • skyking, Thumpalumpacus

I worked at the local Transfer Station for 6½ years and interacted with scores of local people. A lot of them lauded Trump's election  and bragged about how things were going to change and improve over the next four years. I had to quit my job due to declining health in the fall of 2018. I didn't hear even a peep out of Trump's supporters by then.  Consider
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • skyking