Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Religion - Lethal Religion

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/27-vacci...d=70962377

Unpersuaded by more than 100,000 pandemic deaths in the United States, 45% of strong conservatives, four in 10 Republicans and nearly as many evangelical Christians say they’d be unlikely to get vaccinated against the coronavirus, even for free. 
A mix of groups express less interest in getting vaccinated – 46% of Republican women, 45% (as noted) very conservative Americans, 40% of Republicans and 37% of evangelical Christians.

Across the spectrum, 90% of Democratic men say they definitely or probably would get the vaccine, as would 81% of Democrats overall, and as many liberals in this poll, produced for ABC by Langer Research Associates.

Religion, right winged politics and ideology and a deadly pandemic.  A bad combination.  When does mass stupidity cross over to being evil?  The zombie apocalypse is here.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 4 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • brunumb, Alan V, M.Linoge, SYZ

Was this film actually prophetic?

[Image: 51RTHWvqyfL._AC_UY436_QL65_.jpg]
No gods necessary
The following 3 users Like brunumb's post:
  • Gwaithmir, Minimalist, M.Linoge

The Marching Morons by Cyril Kornbluth.

Now I know why Elon Musk is touting Mars colonization.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Fireball

Well, stupidity has always been a special form of population control.
The following 2 users Like no one's post:
  • Gwaithmir, brewerb

If large numbers of these moron die, we will probably be better off for it.  It will be unfortunate and sad for their children who don't get vaccinated, however. Dodgy
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

I'm not sure they are refusing to get vaccinated for religious reasons after all there are plenty of religious Democrats out there I suspect its because their ideology makes them more succeptable to believe the bat shit crazy conspiracy theories about poison and microchips in the vaccine, although it could be argued if your prone to believing stupid religious shit like creationism and the rapture you're probably more prone to believing other stupid shit so indirectly it might be I guess.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 2 users Like adey67's post:
  • Dancefortwo, skyking

(06-15-2020, 07:17 AM)brunumb Wrote: Was this film actually prophetic?

[Image: 51RTHWvqyfL._AC_UY436_QL65_.jpg]

Totally.

Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

(06-15-2020, 08:11 AM)no one Wrote: Well, stupidity has always been a special form of population control.

It doesn't seem to be working, the stupid are breeding like *really* stupid rabbits Confused
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 3 users Like Vera's post:
  • Fireball, M.Linoge, skyking

(06-15-2020, 06:21 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/27-vacci...d=70962377

Unpersuaded by more than 100,000 pandemic deaths in the United States, 45% of strong conservatives, four in 10 Republicans and nearly as many evangelical Christians say they’d be unlikely to get vaccinated against the coronavirus, even for free. 
A mix of groups express less interest in getting vaccinated – 46% of Republican women, 45% (as noted) very conservative Americans, 40% of Republicans and 37% of evangelical Christians.

Across the spectrum, 90% of Democratic men say they definitely or probably would get the vaccine, as would 81% of Democrats overall, and as many liberals in this poll, produced for ABC by Langer Research Associates.

Religion, right winged politics and ideology and a deadly pandemic.  A bad combination.  When does mass stupidity cross over to being evil?  The zombie apocalypse is here.

They need to be tattooed with a waiver stating no medical treatment when they refuse vaccination.

They're in gods hands now! Priest
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

(06-15-2020, 06:21 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/27-vacci...d=70962377

They're lying. 
They ALL call 911 when they think they might die. 
In the hospital, they demand "everything" be done to keep them and their 99 year old parents alive, no matter how hopeless or expensive. 
I don't buy it. 
They might be sneaky about how they do it, but they will do it.
Test
The following 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Old Man Marsh

(06-15-2020, 10:31 AM)adey67 Wrote: I'm not sure they are refusing to get vaccinated for religious reasons after all there are plenty of religious Democrats out there I suspect its because their ideology makes them more succeptable to believe the bat shit crazy conspiracy theories about poison and microchips in the vaccine, although it could be argued if your prone to believing stupid religious shit like creationism and the rapture you're probably more prone to believing other stupid shit so indirectly it might be I guess.

Since the piece of shit inhabiting the office came to office, puppet-supporters have been urged by puppet, his administration, and their pastors to support lie after lie and to invest emotionally in the proposition that even when he's wrong, puppet is somehow "right." The sunk cost is too high for them to back down now.  And they can feel comfortable in their stupidity because there's an industry that manufactures bullshit that supports the lies.  

I'd agree that the reasons aren't religious, per se, but the group-think that's leading this segment is reinforced and policed by their religious leaders and community.
god, ugh
The following 2 users Like julep's post:
  • Dancefortwo, adey67

(06-15-2020, 08:20 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote: If large numbers of these moron die, we will probably be better off for it.  It will be unfortunate and sad for their children who don't get vaccinated, however. Dodgy

On the other hand, many of those children will be just as big, or bigger, anti-vax voices as there dumb-ass parents.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]

[Image: shhhhhhhhh-natural-selection.jpg]

As long as the rest of us can be vaccinated, assuming it works, there will probably be less death and chaos if we simply allow these people to march towards the light chanting "reality isn't real".
It would be different if this disease hit kids, but that seems unlikely to happen.
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra