Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientists Find The Biggest Soft-Shelled Egg Ever, Nicknamed 'The Thing'

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/17/877679868...-the-thing

Quote: 
In 2018, paleontologist Julia Clarke was visiting a colleague named David Rubilar-Rogers at Chile's National Museum of Natural History. He showed her a mysterious fossil that he'd collected years earlier in Antarctica. He and his co-workers called it "The Thing."

"It was weird enough that they decided to collect it, even though it wasn't clear what it was. It definitely wasn't bone, but it was strikingly unusual," recalls Clarke, who works at the University of Texas at Austin.

The object was more than 11 by 7 inches in size and looked like a deflated football. Clarke immediately realized that The Thing was a giant egg — a soft-shelled egg. And it was from 66 million years ago, around the time when an asteroid hit Earth and led to dinosaur extinction.

Waiting for the dirty jokes.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • brunumb, brewerb, Mr Greene

To Hell with the dirty jokes, I just want an omelet now.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Put it in a fire and a baby dragon will emerge.  Whistling
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Alan V, GenesisNemesis

(06-18-2020, 11:52 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote: Put it in a fire and a baby dragon will emerge.  Whistling
Got it from a fellow down at the pub. Seemed quite anxious to get rid of it.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Alan V, GenesisNemesis, Gwaithmir