Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Any Crime - Follow The Money

It never changes with these motherfuckers.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/...story.html

Quote:Trump vaccine czar makes $3.4M windfall as firm reports progress on coronavirus shot and stock soars

Quote: A controversial biotech firm is claiming early positive progress on its trial of a coranavirus vaccine — giving a massive financial boost to President Trump’s newly minted vaccine czar.
The report sent Moderna stock soaring by up to 34% in pre-market trading Monday.
The stock spike temporarily added at least $3.4 million to the bottom line of Moncef Slaoui, the just-named vaccine czar who was on the board of Moderna until his appointment.
Slaoui, a veteran Big Pharma exec, holds 156,000 stock options that increased in value by more than $3 million on the Monday morning news.

Fuckface won't care.  He'll kill anyone to help out one of his rich pals!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Aegon

What do you want to bet that the "early positive progress" fizzles ... once these guys get the money to the Bahamas.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • SYZ, Fireball

You'll know when it is time to sell if you just watch what republicunt senators do!
  • Fireball

I hadn't heard about this little bit of insider trading.

On May 15, Trump officially announced Operation Warp Speed, a project to develop and deliver 300 million
doses of a vaccine for the coronavirus by January 2021, to be managed by White House "senior adviser"
Jared Kushner with the support of the US Department of Defense and the US Department of Health and
Human Services.  Former 30-year GlaxoSmithKline researcher Moncef Slaoui, who called the 12-to-18 month
time frame "very aggressive" but "achievable", was named as the chief adviser of the project.

—Talk about jobs for the boys!       Angry
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

(05-18-2020, 04:32 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: What do you want to bet that the "early positive progress" fizzles ... once these guys get the money to the Bahamas.

Oddly, the issue has been studied!

http://www.appliedclinicaltrialsonline.c...reventable

Quote:Approximately 70% of Phase II trials are unsuccessful.1,2 Although this percentage might seem high, failure of early-phase trials is expected to some extent, as these trials are “exploratory,” “proof of mechanism,” and “proof of concept” trials in patients.3 What is unexpected, however, is the percentage of “confirmatory” Phase III trials that fail—about 50%

Of course Fuckface is not looking for a vaccine that works.  He wants a vaccine that will get him re-elected even if it kills everyone who takes it.  You can bet that fucker won't be putting his fat, orange, ass on the line.
  • Thumpalumpacus

Another crime by Fuckface.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/18/us/po...iring.html

Quote:State Dept. Investigator Fired by Trump Had Examined Weapons Sales to Saudis and Emiratis

A Democratic House committee chairman said the investigation might have been “another reason” for the firing of the inspector general, Steve A. Linick.

A real "Don" hates it when investigators start checking him out!

Speaking of money grubbing scum;
Supercomputers used to model Pandemic hacked to mine cryptocurrency

(05-18-2020, 05:52 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Of course Fuckface is not looking for a vaccine that works.  He wants a vaccine that will get him re-elected even if it kills everyone who takes it.  You can bet that fucker won't be putting his fat, orange, ass on the line.

Exactly. This is not a matter of attacking the problem. This is a matter of being seen Doing Something®. He will still be tested daily, and have every guest tested before meeting them, unlike 327 million Americans. All hail King Donald.
On hiatus.

(05-18-2020, 05:52 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 04:32 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: What do you want to bet that the "early positive progress" fizzles ... once these guys get the money to the Bahamas.

Oddly, the issue has been studied!

http://www.appliedclinicaltrialsonline.c...reventable

Quote:Approximately 70% of Phase II trials are unsuccessful.1,2 Although this percentage might seem high, failure of early-phase trials is expected to some extent, as these trials are “exploratory,” “proof of mechanism,” and “proof of concept” trials in patients.3 What is unexpected, however, is the percentage of “confirmatory” Phase III trials that fail—about 50%

Of course Fuckface is not looking for a vaccine that works.  He wants a vaccine that will get him re-elected even if it kills everyone who takes it.  You can bet that fucker won't be putting his fat, orange, ass on the line.

In pointing out a news item about the hopeful noises coming out of Moderna on the pandemic thread, I did not make the connection that this is the firm our "vaccine czar" was connected to. In my defense however I did understand the high probability that we wouldn't get to phase 3, much less beyond. Also, I would not rush out to take such a vaccine if it were offered, say, next winter. I'd wait a few months, I think, to see what actually happens on the ground with such a rush-to-market treatment. I'm not the type to be the pioneer with arrows in my back, particularly when Trump has his grimy mits in things somewhere.

Quote:I did not make the connection that this is the firm our "vaccine czar" was connected to.

Don't blame yourself for that.  Few people are used to thinking that their president is nothing but a lying, criminal, sack of shit.  I grew up in NY so I remembered him well from his various scandals.  It came easy to me!