Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As the darkness consumes my soul.

(05-18-2020, 03:49 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 02:43 AM)SYZ Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 10:13 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Slurs like this have no place here, SYZ. Come the fuck on.

Unfortunately you have to fight fire with fire... as they say.  You'll know from all my previous posts
that I seldom, if ever resort to racial or religious slurs.  In this case though, I think my invective is
more than appropriate.  Link is Muslim scum, and has no place on this or any other atheist forum.

As I've said before, I detest the Islamic religion and its barbarous dogma.  However, I don't dislike
Muslims out of hand—providing of course they're rational, tolerant, equable and considerate human
beings.  Link on the other hand is not any of those things.  He's insulted me personally, and I note
several other members. He's denigrated atheism, and attempted repeatedly to "educate" us in order
to correct the errors of our ways.  It's very subtle, but it's also very insidious, and poses the obvious
question as to exactly why he's here.  Numerous people have expressed their disdain and contempt
for him—in no uncertain terms.

For anybody who wonders at my dislike of Islam and its cruel, dogmatic tenets, check this out.

Two teenage girls have been murdered in north-west Pakistan in a so-called "honour killing".

Police say the killing occurred after a short video of the girls with a young man emerged on social media.
They are said to have been shot dead by family members earlier this week.  An earlier First Information
Report filed by the Razmak police station had said the girls, aged 16 and 18, were "killed in the name of
honour by their paternal cousin".

Human Rights Watch said violence against women and girls remained a serious problem in the
Islamic Republic of Pakistan, where around 1,000 women die every year in so-called honour killings.

—Let's see Link defend this aspect of Islam.   As if.    Angry

None of that justifies you using a broad-brush slur. Link hurt your feelings? Holy shit. Stop the goddamned presses. You're gonna go racial on him because he said you're wrong to be an atheist?

Well, that justifies racism, said bigots all over the world. If I insult you, will you call me a "godless heathen" or some such nonsense?

By the way, I'm pretty sure Link has nothing to do with those fanatics in Pakistan who murdered two girls. But don't let me stop you from generalizing. You've already painted yourself.

I have everything to do with it. I've been give enough skills, knowledge, and wisdom, to remove this cloud of darkness and backwardness of Muslims, but I've been weak lazy and haven't done my duty.  I can do this. I know it. I've projected but failed to do what I set myself out to do, overwhelmed by the tasks and the sorcery made me feel it's a daunting task.

If I fail in it in my life time, I won't forgive myself even if God does.

(06-03-2020, 10:12 PM)Link Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 03:49 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 02:43 AM)SYZ Wrote: Unfortunately you have to fight fire with fire... as they say.  You'll know from all my previous posts
that I seldom, if ever resort to racial or religious slurs.  In this case though, I think my invective is
more than appropriate.  Link is Muslim scum, and has no place on this or any other atheist forum.

As I've said before, I detest the Islamic religion and its barbarous dogma.  However, I don't dislike
Muslims out of hand—providing of course they're rational, tolerant, equable and considerate human
beings.  Link on the other hand is not any of those things.  He's insulted me personally, and I note
several other members. He's denigrated atheism, and attempted repeatedly to "educate" us in order
to correct the errors of our ways.  It's very subtle, but it's also very insidious, and poses the obvious
question as to exactly why he's here.  Numerous people have expressed their disdain and contempt
for him—in no uncertain terms.

For anybody who wonders at my dislike of Islam and its cruel, dogmatic tenets, check this out.

Two teenage girls have been murdered in north-west Pakistan in a so-called "honour killing".

Police say the killing occurred after a short video of the girls with a young man emerged on social media.
They are said to have been shot dead by family members earlier this week.  An earlier First Information
Report filed by the Razmak police station had said the girls, aged 16 and 18, were "killed in the name of
honour by their paternal cousin".

Human Rights Watch said violence against women and girls remained a serious problem in the
Islamic Republic of Pakistan, where around 1,000 women die every year in so-called honour killings.

—Let's see Link defend this aspect of Islam.   As if.    Angry

None of that justifies you using a broad-brush slur. Link hurt your feelings? Holy shit. Stop the goddamned presses. You're gonna go racial on him because he said you're wrong to be an atheist?

Well, that justifies racism, said bigots all over the world. If I insult you, will you call me a "godless heathen" or some such nonsense?

By the way, I'm pretty sure Link has nothing to do with those fanatics in Pakistan who murdered two girls. But don't let me stop you from generalizing. You've already painted yourself.

I have everything to do with it. I've been give enough skills, knowledge, and wisdom, to remove this cloud of darkness and backwardness of Muslims, but I've been weak lazy and haven't done my duty.  I can do this. I know it. I've projected but failed to do what I set myself out to do, overwhelmed by the tasks and the sorcery made me feel it's a daunting task.

You're an individual, dude.  You are guilty of nothing you yourself are not responsible for.  Just treat people the way you want to be treated and you have nothing to feel regret or shame about.  Jesus allowed himself to be crucified for the fucked up shit others did.  Jesus was dumb.  Don't be like Jesus.
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Gwaithmir

“The human race has suffered for centuries and is still suffering from the mental disorder known as religion, and atheism is the only physician that will be able to effect a permanent cure.” (Joseph Lewis)  Consider
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard, Minimalist

(06-03-2020, 10:12 PM)Link Wrote: I have everything to do with it. I've been give enough skills, knowledge, and wisdom, to remove this cloud of darkness and backwardness of Muslims, but I've been weak lazy and haven't done my duty.  I can do this. I know it. I've projected but failed to do what I set myself out to do, overwhelmed by the tasks and the sorcery made me feel it's a daunting task.

Fundamentally totally delusional if ever there was one.
In fact it has a well known name.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Yet history testifies all Abrahamic religions would've been dead right now were it not for one man (Khomeini). You can always be a game changer or just passively go with the tides. I going to the choose the former and will never forgive myself if I choose the latter.

(06-04-2020, 10:51 PM)Link Wrote: Yet history testifies all Abrahamic religions would've been dead right now were it not for one man (Khomeini). You can always be a game changer or just passively go with the tides. I going to the choose the former and will never forgive myself if I choose the latter.

Please explain, how so? Genuine question my history is  Poop
Justaminute   The whole point of having cake is to eat it! 

(06-04-2020, 10:51 PM)Link Wrote: Yet history testifies all Abrahamic religions would've been dead right now were it not for one man (Khomeini). You can always be a game changer or just passively go with the tides. I going to the choose the former and will never forgive myself if I choose the latter.

You have no evidence AT ALL for that. You can point to no evidence for that. 
He had no effect AT ALL on Judaism or Christianity. 
I see you lie with great facility ... which does not surprise anyone, in light of your delusional state. 
You're not a game changer. You're yet another little religious nut-case who HIMSELF admitted he failed.
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Dānu

...huh...? You need better history instruction.  Abrahamic religions are just fine without any one knuckle-dragger.

Abraham is just as phony as moses, jesus, and mo.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Dancefortwo

If only the right goat-fucking madman had died, we wouldn't have the Abrahmic religions...yeah right.

(06-04-2020, 10:51 PM)Link Wrote: Yet history testifies all Abrahamic religions would've been dead right now were it not for one man (Khomeini).

Yeah, no. Not only did western Christians despise him and maintain their own faith, Khomeini was by all accounts very worldly and interested in temporal power here.

History doesn't testify to anything. You're just misreading it.
Freedom isn't free.

Holy fuck, you are delusional.  Facepalm

As far as darkness consuming your soul, I say it can't happen soon enough.  Maybe then you will cease this haranguing.
Philosophy is about asking questions.
Science is about answering questions.
Theology is about avoiding questions.

(06-05-2020, 12:13 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Abraham is just as phony as moses, jesus, and mo.

Wait, are we talking the Three Stooges here? "boink" "thud" "nyah-nyah-nyah"
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • brunumb
Question 

Would this be the history written by Khomeini or his sycophants?