Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose

If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose
Keith (I have an uncle with this name), or Kier (but I hate Kieran).
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Bcat

(05-19-2020, 05:27 AM)c172 Wrote: Keith (I have an uncle with this name), or Kier (but I hate Kieran).

Both fine names. What amazes me is that out of 10,000 good names, people have to create weird almost unspellable ones.
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!

Or the pronunciation is hard to predict. My psychologist is named Ava (ah-va), but there are many teenage girls now named Ava, and it is "ay-va".
Is this sig thing on?
The following 2 users Like c172's post:
  • Cavebear, Bcat

(05-19-2020, 05:59 AM)c172 Wrote: Or the pronunciation is hard to predict. My psychologist is named Ava (ah-va), but there are many teenage girls now named Ava, and it is "ay-va".

I had a cat name "Iza". I pronounced it Eeza. Everyone who wrote about her thought it was Eye-za. The name came from a book and there were debates about the name.

I am happy mine is too simple to mess up.
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!
The following 2 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • c172, Bcat

(05-19-2020, 05:14 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 01:59 PM)Szuchow Wrote: Ivan Denisovich.

What's the middle name?   "Onedayinthelifeof"?  LOL

There is no middle name as Westerners use it. Denisovich is a patronymic and surname is Shukhov.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 1 user Likes Szuchow's post:
  • Bcat

Liam, probably. No reason beyond I like to sound of it, and as far as I know it's not rooted in some Christian myth.
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra
The following 1 user Likes M.Linoge's post:
  • Bcat

(05-19-2020, 08:51 PM)M.Linoge Wrote: Liam, probably. No reason beyond I like to sound of it, and  as far as I know it's not rooted in some Christian myth.

I love that name.

All those people with so-called xtian names should just relax. Those names are all made up, as the people 1900 years ago had different names.  Thumbs Up
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.