Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I fix tattered jeans?

(05-16-2020, 10:03 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 09:11 PM)brewerb Wrote: Switch to yoga pants. I think you can pull it off!

(no ball of gym socks)

But then there's the whole accidental erection problem... popularity...

FTFY
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Buy jeans that have a certain amount of spandex woven into the material. That way there'll be more give with the stretch rather than stressing the seams on jeans that don't have spandex woven into the material. Levi's and Lee's are two Jean companies, i.e., that have those offerings. They'll last alot longer. I wouldn't even bother trying to repair those jeans. From what you're describing, they're trashed and a repair won't last....and it looks like Kohl's is having a decent sale on their stretch denim Levi's.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. - The Mad Hatter
The following 1 user Likes Mad Hatter's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Or you could just skip the jean part and wear spandex.   Smile
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 3 users Like Dānu's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Fireball, Mad Hatter

My favorite pair of jeans is 25 years old and an off brand that doesn't exist anymore. I still wear them, but they are starting to fray at the seams, slowly but surely. They are otherwise in perfect shape. I hate wearing in new jeans. They look fine, but they are always uncomfortable for a long time. 

I would listen to Dancefortwo….and try to save them.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Because of my handicap, I wear exclusively cargo shorts and cargo pants, so that I have enough pockets on the side of my good hand. Unfortunately, one of the most popular brands, Wrangler, only sells them with the big knee pocket on the side opposite my good hand, making it hard to find pants that work for me.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Mad Hatter

(05-31-2020, 02:12 PM)Dānu Wrote: Or you could just skip the jean part and wear spandex.   Smile

Not bragging but I kind of have rather large balls. That would be pretty uncomfortable.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

I found jean colored underwear on the internet. That should be enough for Cali.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Bcat