Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.89 Average
Thread Ratings

Thread Ratings
Does anyone ever rate the threads with those little stars?  I don't think I've ever rated a thread in my entire forum career here or on the previous atheist forum.   Maybe I'm missing out on something here.   Panic
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Phaedrus, Deesse23, c172

Thread Ratings
Tried rating my own thread, but the forum wouldn't let me. Tongue
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Thread Ratings
(05-12-2020, 05:06 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Tried rating my own thread, but the forum wouldn't let me. Tongue

Did you try giving your own less than 100%? LOL! Wink No actually never tried doing that. "Likes" seem sufficient.
Theists disbelieve in all deities but one.  I just disbelieve in one less.

Thread Ratings
(05-12-2020, 05:06 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Tried rating my own thread, but the forum wouldn't let me. Tongue

Hahaha.  I just tried to do the same thing on this-here thread and a red warning box popped up and it said,  "You dumb bitch!  You can't rate your own thread. What the hell's the matter with you.....you silly billy?"

Not really, I'm just kidding.  Winking   It didn't really say that.  But wouldn't it be funny if it did?   Big Grin
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Cavebear, Thumpalumpacus

Thread Ratings
(05-12-2020, 05:33 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:

Hahaha.  I just tried to do the same thing on this-here thread and a red warning box popped up and it said,  "You dumb bitch!  You can't rate your own thread. What the hell's the matter with you.....you silly billy?"

Not really, I'm just kidding.  Winking   It didn't really say that.  But wouldn't it be funny if it did?   Big Grin

Wouldn't it be great if computer messages were that direct? I recall reading about some person who programmed his phone to say "Hey stupid, you have a call". I don't have a smartphone, but if I ever do, it will have a ringtone like that. Smile
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Thread Ratings
(05-12-2020, 05:38 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 05:33 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:

Wouldn't it be great if computer messages were that direct?  I recall reading about some person who programmed his phone to say "Hey stupid, you have a call".  I don't have a smartphone, but if I ever do, it will have a ringtone like that.  Smile

LOL, I like the way you think.   Smile
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Cavebear

Thread Ratings
(05-12-2020, 05:44 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 05:38 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 05:33 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Hahaha.  I just tried to do the same thing on this-here thread and a red warning box popped up and it said,  "You dumb bitch!  You can't rate your own thread. What the hell's the matter with you.....you silly billy?"

Wouldn't it be great if computer messages were that direct?  I recall reading about some person who programmed his phone to say "Hey stupid, you have a call".  I don't have a smartphone, but if I ever do, it will have a ringtone like that.  Smile

LOL, I like the way you think.   Smile

I do my best. Blush
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Thread Ratings
I actually do use it a fair amount, though I'm not sure if it says how much. I've seen some great threads get started here, and want to give due credit. I actually give thread ratings much more than reps. I feel I need to be careful with reps and really study the person.

“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
-Carl Sagan

"The best counter to extremist speech is not censorship. The best counter is more speech." -Thumpalumpacus
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Thread Ratings
I once rated one of Phaed's threads 5 stars just to shut him up.

And apparently just removed one star in this thread. Aggravated
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Thread Ratings
By the way, if anyone wants to give me a good thread rating, let it be this one

Hug
The following 2 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • brewerb, Dancefortwo

Thread Ratings
(05-12-2020, 12:14 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: By the way, if anyone wants to give me a good thread rating, let it be this one

Hug

Thread Whore! Chuckle
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 4 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Phaedrus, Fireball, Bcat, Dancefortwo

Thread Ratings
I've seen the stars but never thought about what they are or how they got there.

Thread Ratings
Now I see some with stuff on the left side...blue dots and hearts and smilies...?

Thread Ratings
I just gave Genesis Nemesis' High Point thread 5 stars. Smile It's nice to have little beacons of positivity especially in light of everything going on in the world today.
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Thread Ratings
(05-12-2020, 12:14 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: By the way, if anyone wants to give me a good thread rating, let it be this one

Hug

Gotcha bro.  I just went to the gay thread, clicked on the stars, and they all lit up. Consider
The following 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Phaedrus, Dancefortwo

Thread Ratings
(05-12-2020, 01:52 PM)Bcat Wrote: I just gave Genesis Nemesis' High Point thread 5 stars.  Smile It's nice to have little beacons of positivity especially in light of everything going on in the world today.

I just went to every other thread of GNs and gave each one five skull-and-crossbones, just to fuck with him. Hug
The following 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Bcat, Dancefortwo

Thread Ratings

Hug

Ok, I rated your damned gay thread and gave it a stupid star.  Now stop your bellyachin'!    Angry

I'm just teasing, 'cause that's what I do sometimes.  I tease people I like. Tee-hee-hee ----> Winking ----->    Nod ------>  Heart
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Phaedrus

Thread Ratings
I've never really paid much attention to the thread ratings. I've never rated a thread.  Thinking

Thread Ratings
How do you rate a thread anyway? I didn't know we could I thought it was dependent on how many posts the thread had.
Justaminute   The whole point of having cake is to eat it! 
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Thread Ratings
(05-13-2020, 02:17 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: I've never really paid much attention to the thread ratings. I've never rated a thread.  Thinking

My cursor accidently went over the stars a couple of days ago when I was looking at a thread and the stars lit up gold that's when I realized, "Oh, you can rate threads.  Who knew?"   I'm sure there's a lot of things on this forum I don't know about.

There used to be a quick reply discussion going on at the bottom of the page on the old forum. I don't see that here but maybe it's somewhere on this forum and I'm too ignorant to know about it.
                                                         T4618

Thread Ratings
Is that what those stars mean?
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Thread Ratings
(05-14-2020, 06:31 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 02:17 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: I've never really paid much attention to the thread ratings. I've never rated a thread.  Thinking

My cursor accidently went over the stars a couple of days ago when I was looking at a thread and the stars lit up gold that's when I realized, "Oh, you can rate threads.  Who knew?"   I'm sure there's a lot of things on this forum I don't know about.

There used to be a quick reply discussion going on at the bottom of the page on the old forum.  I don't see that here but maybe it's somewhere on this forum and I'm too ignorant to know about it.

You mean the "Shout Box"? There isn't one here. Yet.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Thread Ratings
(05-14-2020, 07:10 PM)Fireball Wrote:
(05-14-2020, 06:31 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:

There used to be a quick reply discussion going on at the bottom of the page on the old forum.  I don't see that here but maybe it's somewhere on this forum and I'm too ignorant to know about it.

Yeah, there is.  Go to the main discussion page.
Philosophy is about asking questions.
Science is about answering questions.
Theology is about avoiding questions.
The following 1 user Likes Chas's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Thread Ratings
(05-14-2020, 08:00 PM)Chas Wrote:
(05-14-2020, 07:10 PM)Fireball Wrote:
(05-14-2020, 06:31 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: My cursor accidently went over the stars a couple of days ago when I was looking at a thread and the stars lit up gold that's when I realized, "Oh, you can rate threads.  Who knew?"   I'm sure there's a lot of things on this forum I don't know about.

Well I'll be dipped! I don't scroll down that far, I just look for new posts or go to the forum I want to post in if I'm starting a new thread. Thanks for pointing that out, I hate to misinform people. There you go, D42!
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Thread Ratings
(05-14-2020, 08:27 PM)Fireball Wrote:
(05-14-2020, 08:00 PM)Chas Wrote:
(05-14-2020, 07:10 PM)Fireball Wrote: You mean the "Shout Box"? There isn't one here. Yet.

Well I'll be dipped! I don't scroll down that far, I just look for new posts or go to the forum I want to post in if I'm starting a new thread. Thanks for pointing that out, I hate to misinform people. There you go, D42!

I'm more direct about comments.