Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What was the high point of your day?

I'm not sure if this is a high point or not (I was pretty annoyed by the owner's negligence) but it was meeting these two huskies on my way to work this morning. They were in the middle of the street, and apparently jumped their owners' fence. According to a lost dogs Facebook group for our city, this has been happening with these two dogs for years, and the owner has been doing nothing. Too bad I couldn't keep them, they need a new owner. They were also incredibly nice.

[Image: 117576816_3181206991944962_2207215902637...e=5F53AA8F]
Rogue black hole 2020
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • M.Linoge, Gawdzilla Sama

Definitely a high point: Finding sprouts from pepper seeds I had given up on. Three or four years ago, I seeded a couple dragon's tongue peppers, dried them, bagged them, and promptly lost them. I found and planted them in May knowing full well they would likely never sprout. three months later and I have five or six seedlings from 50+ seeds. I'll let these keep growing for a couple weeks, until I can see which ones are strongest, and transplant the three strongest to their own pots. I know it's really late in the season for seedlings, but I'm already set up for keeping pepper plants indoors overwinter, so I look at it as getting a head start on next spring. Big Grin
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 3 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • M.Linoge, Finite Monkeys, GenesisNemesis

Found out an aunt will be moving to the same city as myself, almost at the same time. Blood will out, I guess.
Things must be getting bad in Africa if she's uprooting her family.
Crisis or not, it'll be nice to see her.
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra
The following 1 user Likes M.Linoge's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Yesterday, sitting on the beach with my eyes closed, letting the sound and smell and wind erase my internal chalkboard.
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Realizing the my new fan wasn't working because it was on a switched outlet that was currently off.

Finding a much better fan on sale for 25% off.

It's the little victories that matter. Deadpan Coffee Drinker
[Image: giant%20meteor%202020.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Reading about 'copycat' restaurant appetizers, I came across the suggestion to use a cast-iron Dutch oven as a deep fryer. Why that's just crazy enough to work!
[Image: giant%20meteor%202020.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • GenesisNemesis