Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hubble is 30 today

Hubble is 30 today
So how about spending some time with the incredible images it's provided, or maybe 3D views of the Ultra Deep Field and Pillars of Creation?
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

Hubble is 30 today
I get APOD images every day via email.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Hubble is 30 today
(04-24-2020, 01:11 PM)trdsf Wrote: So how about spending some time with the incredible images it's provided, or maybe 3D views of the Ultra Deep Field and Pillars of Creation?

♫I can see clearly now,
the mirror distortion is gone.♫

Hubble is 30 today
They grow up so fast! Seems like just yesterday that it got its first set of glasses.  Smile
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 4 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Deesse23, Minimalist, airportkid, brewerb

Hubble is 30 today

Hubble is 30 today
Oh shit... my eyesight is so poor, I though the topic header was...

"Hubbie is 30 today"

... and I'm firstly thinking, uh?  So fucking what?       Big Grin
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Hubble is 30 today
(04-24-2020, 07:11 PM)SYZ Wrote: Oh shit... my eyesight is so poor, I though the topic header was...

"Hubbie is 30 today"

... and I'm firstly thinking, uh?  So fucking what?       Big Grin

Oooo, if I only had a 30 year old hubbie... which at my age would be a little creepy, actually.  My 'half plus seven' limit is 35 now.   Whistling
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 1 user Likes trdsf's post:
  • SYZ

Hubble is 30 today
My mom collected those figurines for years. Thumbs Up
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Hubble is 30 today
I was giving my wife Hummels (NOT Hubbles) for birthdays and xmas, but after the '94 Northridge quake, they are now safely wrapped and haven't seen the light of day in a while. Those managed to escape destruction, but her tea cup and saucer collection fared far worse. I shoveled up buckets of china and glass.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Hubble is 30 today
No, no, no, ............... hummels are what the wife gives you.

Having her do it with the national anthem provides a pleasant range of vibrations.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Fireball

Hubble is 30 today
Well, this was a derail I never predicted... Chuckle
  • Fireball

Hubble is 30 today
(04-26-2020, 01:19 AM)trdsf Wrote: Well, this was a derail I never predicted... Chuckle

Well! The apple doesn't fall all that far from the tree, and we used to see the same thing on TFTSNBN.  Big Grin

Hubble is 30 today
(04-24-2020, 01:11 PM)trdsf Wrote: So how about spending some time with the incredible images it's provided, or maybe 3D views of the Ultra Deep Field and Pillars of Creation?

Thank you.  The series of pictures was awesome!  And the pictures Hubble took of "empty space" that was full of galaxies changed our way of thinking.

What we can do sometimes is just plain astonishing.
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!

Hubble is 30 today
Gott im Hummel!

[Image: 6e5f102ff78bbcfa718df439b6974933.jpg]

Hubble is 30 today
They're making a better one.
https://www.ted.com/talks/wendy_freedman...anguage=en
Test
The following 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, brunumb

Hubble is 30 today
(04-26-2020, 03:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: They're making a better one.
https://www.ted.com/talks/wendy_freedman...anguage=en

Oh, I know about the GMT -- but it hasn't even had first light yet, and isn't projected to for another nine years.  This is about celebrating 30 years of changing the way we view our universe fundamentally.
  • Fireball