Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious Symbols Surviving Disasters

(04-15-2020, 07:06 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 07:00 PM)trdsf Wrote: It is, but it's the same parish that is aggressively defying the 'stay at home' order because Jesus is going to protect them.  The same way he protected his statue, no doubt.
"I am covered in the blood of Jesus!!!"
As I posted elsewhere, if someone said to you "I've been washed in the blood of Alan from down the street!", the last thing you'd say to them is "Praise Alan!"...
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 3 users Like trdsf's post:
  • skyking, Gawdzilla Sama, Thumpalumpacus

(04-15-2020, 07:06 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: "I am covered in the blood of Jesus!!!"

[Image: DsfHDHDV4AA3hHl.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes mordant's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

(04-14-2020, 09:39 AM)trdsf Wrote: You'd think their invisible friend might also have done something about the Notre Dame fire, too... he must've been out of town that week.

Speaking of, about an hour south of here we have a nutjob church that refuses to close down for COVID-19 because (quoting parishioners) they've been "washed in the blood of Jesus" -- which sounds both unhealthy and unsane.  I mean, if someone told you they'd been washed in the blood of Alan down the street, you wouldn't say "Praise Alan!", you'd keep your distance and call the police.

You might have heard of this bunch before; ten years ago their 6-story statue locally referred to as 'Touchdown Jesus' burned to the ground after a lightning strike.

Here's your before and after:
[Image: WCPO_Touchdown_Jesus_Before_After_149806...40_480.jpg]

And here's your during:
[Image: alg-jesus-statue-flames-jpg.jpg]

My first thought on seeing this thread, good show.

By the way, if your god can save a cross or a painting, why do churches have lightning-rods?

ETA: I see a couple of y'all have gotten to this point already. Hopefully next time this god can be bothered to look into cancer and other diseases.

Not holding my breath.
Freedom isn't free.