Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
3 easy ways to remember God exist.

[Image: halalpork.jpg]
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • SYZ, Gawdzilla Sama

Oh fucking yessss!  Just for Link...

[Image: 37570546_1203027429846857_20371363088490...e=5EB41545]

Big Grin
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 3 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Finite Monkeys, Gawdzilla Sama, Minimalist

“No religious creed that has ever been devised can be made to harmonize with modern knowledge. All such creeds were constructed with reference to theories of the universe which are now utterly and hopelessly discredited.” (John Fisk)  Consider
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 4 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Bucky Ball, Minimalist, Alan V, Cavebear

Damn it had a great image to post but my IT skills just aren't up to it.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • skyking

Double post, sorry.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast

(04-08-2020, 02:31 PM)Link Wrote: (1) By remembering you can't properly be defined in anywhere but God's vision.
(2) By remembering and seeing he is the Necessary being and hence has to exist and thus does.
(3) By seeing all greatness, beauty, and goodness is from his light and he is the source and that which unifies all beauty, greatness, and goodness.

What if we just reject all your assertions and say "Fuck you?"
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org
The following 3 users Like Free's post:
  • Minimalist, Finite Monkeys, Bucky Ball

Don't forget "Fuck Allah and Fuck Mohammed."

(04-10-2020, 07:05 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Don't forget "Fuck Allah and Fuck Mohammed."

Fuck everybody. Fuck the whole world. Fuck the coronavirus. Fuck the cat and the dog. Fuck everything.

And now I will go make a ham sandwich just so I can fuck that too.
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org
The following 1 user Likes Free's post:
  • adey67

You need a drink.

(04-08-2020, 02:55 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Missing Link. There's a lovely thought.

I don't think he'd be missed.  Consider
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

(04-09-2020, 03:38 PM)Link Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 03:09 PM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 02:53 PM)Link Wrote: You are on to something.

You're on something. [Image: Eye_Roll.gif]

It's called guidance from God.

It's called satire, you moron.  Facepalm
― Napoleon Bonaparte

(04-09-2020, 04:07 PM)Link Wrote: God knows us as we are, we even hide ourselves from ourselves. One day true intentions will be known and exposed.

That day, the truth will be known.

[Image: file-20170629-16083-1xnit1l.jpg?ixlib=rb...6&fit=clip]
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 1 user Likes Chas's post:
  • SYZ

Another one for Link...

[Image: Screen-Shot-2017-08-15-at-8.08.18-AM.png]
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 4 users Like SYZ's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, adey67, Chas, Unsapien

(04-08-2020, 02:31 PM)Link Wrote: (1) By remembering you can't properly be defined in anywhere but God's vision.
(2) By remembering and seeing he is the Necessary being and hence has to exist and thus does.
(3) By seeing all greatness, beauty, and goodness is from his light and he is the source and that which unifies all beauty, greatness, and goodness.

Well, let's consider Link's arguments fully.

1. If there is no God (which you haven't demonstated other than by an unsupprted claim), then there is no vision to consider.
2. What "necessary being" is there if it isn't necessary.? There are better alternate and more understandable explanations for life to exist.
3. No deity is required to appreciate "greatness, beauty, and goodness". We humans have that capacity in ourselves.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 2 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • Gwaithmir, adey67

It appears that Link may have abandoned this discussion, not that he was really discussing much in the first place.  Hmm
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

(04-12-2020, 10:32 AM)Cavebear Wrote: 1.  If there is no God (which you haven't demonstated other than by an unsupprted claim), then there is no vision to consider.

And if there is no vision to consider, we would not be exactly defined anywhere or who we are would be an illusion. We aren't an illusion.

Quote:2.  What "necessary being" is there if it isn't necessary.? There are better alternate and more understandable explanations for life to exist.

Necessary in the meaning that it cannot but exist. It exists absolutely and necessarily.  His existence is so big, it's absolute, that it covers all possible existence, and hence, exists necessarily.

Quote:3.  No deity is required to appreciate "greatness, beauty, and goodness".  We humans have that capacity in ourselves.

We have the capacity due to light being emitted from God.

(04-09-2020, 04:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 03:46 PM)Link Wrote: God is the Necessary being, you can't imagine him as possibly not existing, it's impossible.  He exists, and not only does, but so much so the truth and ourselves are defined by his perfect measurement and judgment.

You still don't get it. Being "necessary" means he's SUBJECT to your logic ... and you have no basis for that opinion. 
You're attempting to convince yourself ... you have little faith. You're a bad Muslim. 
I DO not EVEN imagine a deity as existing ... what we observe is exactly what one would expect to see, if there was no god. 
You assertions have no support or evidence. 
You can make assertions till you're blue in the face. 
They're worthless ... meaningless. 

Why could you call it a "he" ? 
Does he have a dick ? 
Does he have circulating testosterone ? 
What male characteristics does it have ? 

Your preaching is spam. 
You should be banned. You're not here to discuss. You're here to preach. 
Get lost.

Quote:When evident truth is just denied out of hate.

Delusional nonsense. You have no evidence of that.
No one can "hate" a being that doesn't exist.
Don't be a stupid bimbo.

Telling others what their motivations are, when you don't even know them, is UNETHICAL. Dishonest.
I thought you were congratulating yourself on your "A" in Ethics ... and here you are, being UN-Ethical.
Guess you get an "F" in real-life Ethics, don't you ?

Oh no, not Link again.  Facepalm
                                                         T4618

(05-03-2020, 04:54 PM)Link Wrote: We have the capacity due to light being emitted from God.

Is this light in addition to the one emitted by the Sun? Because I'm rather pale and will need a stronger factor sun lotion when I bike if there's another light source. Also, do the scientists fighting climate change know about this? I think it's your responsibility to inform them, you know, the fate of humanity and all that.
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • Deesse23, Gwaithmir

(05-03-2020, 06:01 PM)Vera Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 04:54 PM)Link Wrote: We have the capacity due to light being emitted from God.

Is this light in addition to the one emitted by the Sun? Because I'm rather pale and will need a stronger factor sun lotion when I bike if there's another light source. Also, do the scientists fighting climate change know about this? I think it's your responsibility to inform them, you know, the fate of humanity and all that.

I have Irish/Swedish pale skin so I use sunscreen almost every day if I'm outside.  Years ago I got a really bad sunburn on my honeymoon so I avoid sun exposure.
                                                         T4618

Quote:Link Wrote:

God is the Necessary being, you can't imagine him as possibly not existing, it's impossible.

I have no trouble concluding that your stupid fucking god does not exist.  Sadly, you do exist and that is a problem.

Seems to me that if you need to constantly be reminded that god exists this might be precisely the best argument for his non-existence.

Nobody is building churches to remind us that trees or grass or rocks exist because there all over the damn place, just walk outside.

And not only do people have to go to church all the time to be reminded that he exists, but they also have to be constantly told that he is good. People have to be told that because there's no evidence for that either.

We don't have to be constantly reminded that someone is good or bad because we can judge them by their actions.

So stop with the bullshit and tell your god to get his ass down here and do something, good, bad whatever. A juggling act... I don't care, I'm not fussy.

Anything else is just bullshit.
[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

The following 5 users Like Unsapien's post:
  • julep, Paleophyte, Deesse23, Dancefortwo, Minimalist

Is this the light that you're supposed to shine up your ass to kill coronaviruses?
The following 3 users Like Paleophyte's post:
  • Deesse23, Gwaithmir, Dancefortwo

Yeah, and I'm King Isildur!  Dodgy
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Alan V

(05-04-2020, 12:55 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:

Nope, you are Gandalf, everybody knows that. Dodgy
R.I.P. Hannes

(05-04-2020, 02:07 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 12:55 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:

Nope, you are Gandalf, everybody knows that.  Dodgy

I thought he was Olorin.
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov