Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theistic rants.

Theistic rants.
I think they have meds for humbles in your heart.

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 08:46 PM)Link Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 08:43 PM)Dānu Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 08:18 PM)Link Wrote: You all too hot tempered to understand and gain wisdom.  God is easily seen if one slits their tongue and humbles their heart. This rant was irrelevant to all that though.

God is not wisdom.  I can prove that.  You think you possess wisdom?  What on earth gave you that idea?

God is wise, wisdom is from him, but not him. That's correct. I got enough wisdom to know not to disbelieve in my Lord for your ego trips.

Then you have enough wisdom to know that my question requires an answer. If you can't provide an answer, then you've refuted your claim to have enough wisdom.

And you didn't answer what gave you the idea that you possess wisdom.
[Image: signature%20The-Ascension-of-Iweko.jpg]

Theistic rants.
It doesn't require an answer, because it's been answered, as well, it's a red herring.

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 09:01 PM)Link Wrote: It doesn't require an answer, because it's been answered, as well, it's a red herring.

I must have missed that answer, what was it? And no, addressing the conditional of your rant is not a red herring. You're simply abusing language by calling things fallacies when they aren't fallacious. But I guess we see the truth here, that you aren't as wise as you say, and you don't have "enough" wisdom. Evading relevant questions and making false accusations concerning fallacies is childish nonsense. There's a reason people don't respect you, Mystic. And no matter how many lies you tell yourself, you'll never escape the truth.
[Image: signature%20The-Ascension-of-Iweko.jpg]

Theistic rants.
You don't respect me. Some do. Some don't. I care less because most people disbelieve in God out of ignorance.

Theistic rants.
The hate makes them so bias against reasonable proofs for God, but all this, was not the rant in the OP.

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 05:25 PM)Link Wrote: Miracles are a proof because the power is such that's in uniquely given to those who he trusts.

Provide peer reviewed, unbiased evidence a miracle ever happened.  Typical of all theists, everything you've written so far is a claim, not evidence.
                                                         T4618

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 09:26 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 05:25 PM)Link Wrote: Miracles are a proof because the power is such that's in uniquely given to those who he trusts.

Provide peer reviewed, unbiased evidence a miracle ever happened.  Typical of all theists, everything you've written so far is a claim, not evidence.

Don't strawman me.  My statement is why a miracle would be a proof. They are made without if statements, because I believe in them. Not saying you should.

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 07:37 PM)Link Wrote: An example. Abraham put in the fire. Yet, nothing happens to him. If someone is immune like that, it's too much power, as he can do too much if not trusted by God.

And you think that shit really happened, huh?
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 09:29 PM)Link Wrote:

Don't strawman me.  My statement is why a miracle would be a proof. They are made without if statements, because I believe in them. Not saying you should.

You really should look up the definition of "strawman". That's not what happened here. 
Your statement is a piece of shit. No one believes in miracles here. 
What ? 
No one would play with you at the theist playground ?
If there were to be an unexplained event, then that's all it is.
Your statement has a false assumption ... get it ? A FLAW in your logic.

Theistic rants.
Quote:If there were to be an unexplained event, then that's all it is.

And if there were an explained event then scientific investigation would be far more likely to find a cause than theistic horseshit.

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 09:29 PM)Link Wrote:

Asking you to provide evidence is strawmaning you?  LOLOL.  You apparently don't understand what a strawman is. 

By the way, belief is not evidence.   You have to demonstrate with peer reviewed, unbiased, falsifiable evidence that what you claim is true .  Otherwise my statement that I beleive Leprechauns exist would be proof.  Learn the difference between a claim and evidence.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Theistic rants.
You guys are exactly tape recorders, saying the same stuff you always say without thought.

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 10:36 PM)Link Wrote: You guys are exactly tape recorders, saying the same stuff you always say without thought.

That's because theists never provide evidence of their assertions.  In the thousands of years of religious beliefs not one theist anywhere on this planet has ever provided one iota of evidence their god or gods exist.  All atheists want is evidence.  We don't want quotes from an old book, we don't want proselytizing, we don't want claims.  We don't care what you BELIEVE.  We don't care if you have FAITH because faith is belief without evidence.  All we care about is evidence and falsifiable evidence at that.  No theist has ever even come close to demonstrating this.  

Back to the drawing board for you.     Whistling
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Minimalist, brunumb

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 10:36 PM)Link Wrote: You guys are exactly tape recorders, saying the same stuff you always say without thought.

That's because you are always wrong in the same fucking way.

Theistic rants.
Can I come to wherever your people meet and teach evolution?
  [Image: pirates.gif] Dog  

Theistic rants.

And yet, despite that, here YOU are again. 
Guess you don't mean it. 
You always come back, post shit, then whine about what you get. 

You do realize that the definition of insane is doing the same thing, over and over, and expecting a different outcome.
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • SYZ

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 04:57 PM)Link Wrote: It's saying without miracles in the open,  religion(s) can't be proven as decisively.  From the perspective of people who believe in miracles, something has gone haywire and wrong in history.

You're onto something here but you're chasing it in the wrong direction.

If there ever were miracles then why was there ever anything other than One True Religion™?

We know that there wasn't. The historical and archeological record are a complete hodge podge of thousands of different religions. If any one of them had ever been capable of true miracles then the others simply shouldn't exist.

Theistic rants.
Empty verbiage and empty assertions are not wisdom. Wisdom comes from hard evidence that proves things exist and what they are and how they work. Theology at the bottom is simply a swamp of assertions and claims. With no evidence of the truth of any of it.

And yes, we get hot tempered when all we get is more of the same. At length and without any evidence that any of this verbiage is true at all.

Evidence talks, all else walks.

For theology we have limited approaches.
Revelation
Natural theology starting with observations made of the natural world around us.
Argument by assertions
Metaphysical claims from which supposed truths can be derived.

None of which work for us atheists as all lack evidence for their usefulness, supposed truths, or ability to explain the problems these claims generate.

The term of art for examining such theological claims is analytical theology. Which is in essence, the search for hard evidence for theological assertions. Rationalization, special pleading, empty assertions are not acceptable substitutes. Arguing endlessly about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin is all theology seems to be the equivalent thereof.
Plunk your magic twanger Froggy!   Boinnnnnng!  Hiya Kids!  Hiya! Hiya!

The following 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Alan V

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 05:52 PM)Link Wrote: The degree of power is such that no reasonable Creator would give to a normal person, but only to his chosen trustees.

How on earth does anyone know what a reasonable creator is and what he would give to a normal person?  You are just blowing smoke out of your arse.
No gods necessary

Theistic rants.

[Image: c49144fff30402292c73288947968186--judgin...people.jpg]
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Theistic rants.
Some pot would be nice.
  [Image: pirates.gif] Dog  
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Finite Monkeys

Theistic rants.
(03-23-2020, 03:19 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 04:57 PM)Link Wrote: It's saying without miracles in the open,  religion(s) can't be proven as decisively.  From the perspective of people who believe in miracles, something has gone haywire and wrong in history.

You're onto something here but you're chasing it in the wrong direction.

If there ever were miracles then why was there ever anything other than One True Religion™?

We know that there wasn't. The historical and archeological record are a complete hodge podge of thousands of different religions. If any one of them had ever been capable of true miracles then the others simply shouldn't exist.
Thank you for being on topic (unlike the rest), but you assume too well of humans.  Per Quran, they accused the truth when it came to them of being sorcery.

You are right that there are no humans right now without miracles who think they would reject miracles. And you assume they wouldn't, but when tried and tested with clear signs, humans have had insincerity towards the truth and united on calling the messengers either as sorcerers or possessed, the latter meaning it's demonic powers doing the miracles and controlling the human.

In fact you could witness people here stating what defines a miracle to be a miracle. And with fiction stories of evil sorcerers with so much power, it kicks in, and people then accuse of God's trustees of being evil lying sorcerers or ones who enchanted and possessed by demonic forces.

Theistic rants.
(03-23-2020, 06:26 AM)brunumb Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 05:52 PM)Link Wrote: The degree of power is such that no reasonable Creator would give to a normal person, but only to his chosen trustees.

How on earth does anyone know what a reasonable creator is and what he would give to a normal person?  You are just blowing smoke out of your arse.

The power of miracles are enough prove they are generated from a super natural Creator.  It's obvious if not an idiot he trusts this performer of miracles and would not be giving that person that degree of power directly from him, if he had potential to be evil.

Theistic rants.
(03-23-2020, 12:25 PM)Link Wrote: The power of miracles are enough prove they are generated from a super natural Creator.  It's obvious if not an idiot he trusts this performer of miracles and would not be giving that person that degree of power directly from him, if he had potential to be evil.

Fuck me sideways...

This has to be the biggest load of horse shit I've seen you spew for a while. I'm assuming you're massaging
your tiny little Muslim cock while you write this rubbish? Are you maybe using pork fat as a lubricant can I ask?
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Minimalist