Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theistic rants.

Theistic rants.
This poor guy is clearly totally desperate trying to convince himself his fairy stories are true.
One has to already be a believer to see a miracle. If not, faith would not be necessary.
There is no way around it ... either they have faith or they don't. If you need a miracle, you don't have faith.
Matthew 12:38-39 :
"Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to him, "Teacher, we want to see a sign from you."
He answered, "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah."

Are you wicked and adulterous Mr. Link ?

Theistic rants.
Some questions.

1)  You assert that the miracles happened, and they were proof of the religion.  If miracles are proof, what proof is there that were ever miracles?  If there's no proof of the miracles, do the miracles still count as proof?

2)  Even if miracles happening right in front of our eyes, how would we distinguish between a miracle and a nice trick of stage magic?  Even if there was video, how would we distinguish it from good CGI or practical effects?  It's not like that con hasn't been tried a zillion times already, so how would we distinguish a real miracle from a fake one?  Or would we, for some bizarre reason, just accept every supposed miracle on faith, despite knowing there are a whole lot of frauds out there?

3)  Even if real miracles were happening, and even if there was real and indisputable documentation of them, how would we know to pay attention to those and not the thousands of frauds that exist today?  Would news popping to the top of the feed on the basis of accuracy and importance rather than popularity, sponsorship, or matching my profile be one of the miracles in question?  It's not like I have time to even catalog all the claims out there, much less take a close look at them.  Some guy in the Levant turning water into wine wouldn't even blip on my radar.  And that's if I were trying to be diligent about it... and why would I be?  At this point being told about a miracle happening somewhere would just make me think it was something along the lines of a faith healer swinging his jacket and people swooning, or Jesus appearing in a piece of toast, or a lens flare people thought was an apparition of Mary (all of those real examples of fake miracles), and I'd probably just roll my eyes and not follow up on it at all.

Bonus Question (off-topic):  Even if we take the Biblical account as 100% true, why are WE the ones who killed the messenger?  We weren't even alive back then.  Unless you mean we as in humanity as a whole... in which case, again, no, only a tiny minority of humanity was involved in that.  ... also, sorcerer?  If I recall the tale correctly the Sanhedrin condemned Jesus for blasphemy, not sorcery.
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov

Theistic rants.
You totally decontextualizing and doing a strawman version of my rant and follow up posts.

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 06:02 PM)Link Wrote: You totally decontextualizing and doing a strawman version of my rant and follow up posts.

It was effective wasn't it ?
You need to answer questions ... not post, then call people dumb while YOU yourself can't answer questions. 
BTW, one of THE first things I learned in Bible 101 was that a "miracle" was an event seen by a *believer* in which the believer sees the hand of god working. Non-believers don't "see" miracles. Only believers do. 
Even Bible believers don't agree with you. You should take a class or something.

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 06:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 06:02 PM)Link Wrote: You totally decontextualizing and doing a strawman version of my rant and follow up posts.

You need to answer questions ... not post, then call people dumb while YOU yourself can't answer questions. 
BTW, one of THE first things I learned in Bible 101 was that a "miracle" was an event seen by a *believer* in which the believer sees the hand of god working. Non-believers don't "see" miracles. Only believers do. 
Even Bible believers don't agree with you. You should take a class or something.

What you are saying has nothing to do with my rant. So I don't care.

Theistic rants.
Quote:Jesus Christ. What has your post to do with what I'm talking about?

What has whatever the fuck it is you are talking about got to do with REALITY?
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Gwaithmir, brunumb

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 06:09 PM)Link Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 06:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:

What you are saying has nothing to do with my rant. So I don't care.

Actually it has everything to do with your rant ... you are too uneducated to even get it.
And BTW, why is this being posted here ?
We are non-believers ... we don't accept miracles. We don't buy and of the gods.
Well, I believe in one ... the Tiny Monkey God ... she does really great miracles ... better miracles than your god's miracles.
She does miracles of HUGE power ... HUGE I tell you.

This garbage should be posted on a theist site. Why are you here ?

Theistic rants.
Viewpoints. Not every thing stated, is stated as something the other side must accept. It's if there are miracles in the past, then why aren't they here today rant. And if from perspective of non-believer, but as I'm a believer, no need to state that.

Theistic rants.
You guys can't understand language properly. It's no wonder nothing clicks to you.

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 06:18 PM)Link Wrote: You guys can't understand language properly. It's no wonder nothing clicks to you.

LMAO. 
Of course it has *nothing whatever* to do with your totally bad writing ability ... oh no. 
Hint : If no one gets what you're trying to say, don't blame the audience.

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 06:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 06:18 PM)Link Wrote: You guys can't understand language properly. It's no wonder nothing clicks to you.

LMAO. 
Of course it has *nothing whatever* to do with your totally bad writing ability ... oh no. 

The audience in this cases looks to argue every time. So yes, the audience is the problem.

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 06:09 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Jesus Christ. What has your post to do with what I'm talking about?

What has whatever the fuck it is you are talking about got to do with REALITY?

It's a viewpoint, if miracles existed in the past, why aren't they here sort of rant.

Theistic rants.
Quote:It's if there are miracles in the past, then why aren't they here today rant

And of course it would never occur to your allah-befuddled brain that what was reported in the past was merely fucking bullshit designed to impress idiots?

https://infidels.org/library/modern/rich...kooks.html

Quote:Kooks and Quacks of the Roman Empire: A Look into the World of the Gospels

Quote:We all have read the tales told of Jesus in the Gospels, but few people really have a good idea of their context. Yet it is quite enlightening to examine them against the background of the time and place in which they were written, and my goal here is to help you do just that. There is abundant evidence that these were times replete with kooks and quacks of all varieties, from sincere lunatics to ingenious frauds, even innocent men mistaken for divine, and there was no end to the fools and loons who would follow and praise them. Placed in this context, the gospels no longer seem to be so remarkable, and this leads us to an important fact: when the Gospels were written, skeptics and informed or critical minds were a small minority. Although the gullible, the credulous, and those ready to believe or exaggerate stories of the supernatural are still abundant today, they were much more common in antiquity, and taken far more seriously.

Congratulations for proving Carrier's point that nuts like you are still out there.  But on this board you cannot expect to be taken seriously.
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • brunumb

Theistic rants.
It's not telling miracles are a proof today or that Atheists should accept their existence in the past.

Theistic rants.
Then why mention it?

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 06:30 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Then why mention it?

A rant, if miracles existed in the past, why aren't they here today Theistic perspective.

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 06:25 PM)Link Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 06:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:

LMAO. 

The audience in this cases looks to argue every time. So yes, the audience is the problem.

You can't possibly be serious. 
What sort of fool tries to talk about miracles *at all* with atheists.
Your rant should be addressed to THEISTS.
There were no miracles in the past, and there are no miracles today.
Naturally, there are highly improbable single events happening all the time.
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • SYZ

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 04:04 PM)Link Wrote: The truth was never writing no matter how sufficient of a proof it is for those who reflect on God's holy words.  It was never the message no matter how clear the conveyer was. 

It was miracles that show a power directly sustained and given by God.  Not by an Angel, not by a demon, not sorcery acquired, but something that God directly sustains and is the true doer through his trusted Messenger. The truth when it came to them was accused of being manifest sorcery.  And it was when Moses' hand emitted bright light that the truth came to Pharaoh, as the first sign was somewhat not as clear.

It's a catastrophe of all catastrophes, that it's been a thousand years, without a Guide in the open, so to as to provide these miracles on behalf of God and to prove the right religion. Confusion is expected in these dark times whence only some of truth seekers can find their way. The Torah to the Gospels and books between also known as Tanakh or Torah depending on context, are clear miracles are important.

The message clarifies why miracles are proof. The holy books talk about miracles as proofs. Without miracles, truth is not as strong, and the religion state becomes weak.  

May God hasten the time when miracles return in the open and may it be to the whole world and may we not accuse the Messenger this time of being a sorcerer.

Actually this is one of the worst piece of writing I have ever seen. It is absolutely impossible to even know what the hell you are talking about. 
There are no gods to hasten anything. There never were any miracles. You have no evidence of any miracles.

Theistic rants.
Note to Theists, Atheists love to argue for the sake of it.

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 06:34 PM)Link Wrote:

A rant, if miracles existed in the past, why aren't they here today Theistic perspective.

You continually overlook the gigantic, fucking, "IF" in your statement.

Your problem is that you accept as valid everything that is written in your fucking holy horseshit.

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 06:48 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 06:34 PM)Link Wrote:

Your problem is that you accept as valid everything that is written in your fucking holy horseshit.

I'm not overlooking anything. You guys just want to be aggressive and not even understand.

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 06:44 PM)Link Wrote: Note to Theists, Atheists love to argue for the sake of it.

Your posts remind me of nothing so much as this closing scene (except Buster is forced at the very end to a realization I don't see you capable of ever reaching):

Theistic rants.
Your view of me is based on your own ignorance. You don't know me.

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 06:56 PM)Link Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 06:48 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 06:34 PM)Link Wrote: A rant, if miracles existed in the past, why aren't they here today Theistic perspective.

I'm not overlooking anything. You guys just want to be aggressive and not even understand.

You are an allegedly intelligent human being living in the 21st century who still thinks "miracles" are possible.  There is nothing to understand.  You are willfully deluded.
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • SYZ, brunumb

Theistic rants.
(03-22-2020, 06:44 PM)Link Wrote: Note to Theists, Atheists love to argue for the sake of it.

That's nice dear. It's all good. Now run along and go outside and play with your little friends. 

LOL He posts believer shit on an atheist forum and whines about push-back. 
You authored a piece of shit post, in which YOU affirmed belief in miracles, and posted it on an atheist forum. 
Then you get push back, and you whine. What the hell did you expect ? 
I think this is totally passive-aggressive bullshit. You WANT push-back, so you can whine about it. 
Poor baby. 

*pushing the ignore button*
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Minimalist