Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speechless. What Fucking Fools!

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/the-vat...-by-virus/

Quote:The Vatican forgives sins of those stricken by virus

Quote:The Catholic Church on Friday granted forgiveness — under certain conditions — for the sins of the faithful struck by the novel coronavirus.
A decree published by the Vatican also covers healthcare workers and those who pray for their well-being. Relatives who care for their sick family members may also be forgiven.
The conditions include the sick saying a certain number of prayers or following important celebrations from a distance.
Those who pray for the caregivers’ well-being must also read the Bible “for at least half an hour”.

Trying to stay relevant, boys?
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Phaedrus, Gwaithmir

It would be nice if shamans would stick to doing rain dances, it would be less embarrassing for them.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.

(03-20-2020, 03:29 PM)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/the-vat...-by-virus/

Quote:The Catholic Church on Friday granted forgiveness — under certain conditions — for the sins of the faithful struck by the novel coronavirus.
A decree published by the Vatican also covers healthcare workers and those who pray for their well-being. Relatives who care for their sick family members may also be forgiven.
The conditions include the sick saying a certain number of prayers or following important celebrations from a distance.
Those who pray for the caregivers’ well-being must also read the Bible “for at least half an hour”.

Their god is the fucking sinner for creating Covid-19 to begin with.

Isaiah 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Bucky Ball, Gwaithmir

There's a jerk-off fundie over at AF.org - God's Child - think Dripshit only slightly less obnoxious - who claimed that line says exactly the opposite of what it says.  You know, because his all-powerful "god" is a piss-poor communicator!

(03-20-2020, 03:31 PM)Szuchow Wrote: It would be nice if shamans would stick to doing rain dances, it would be less embarrassing for them.

Plus, the music is usually better!
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Szuchow, GenesisNemesis

Indulgences are only a step away.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Fireball

(03-20-2020, 05:24 PM)Dānu Wrote: Indulgences are only a step away.

Umm, Eskimo pie. Thumbs Up
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

(03-20-2020, 03:29 PM)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/the-vat...-by-virus/

I'm gonna need a catholic to explain this to me because it does not make a bit of fucking sense.

Is this a "in lieu of confession" kind of thing? If that is the case,........ then confession was never needed.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

(03-20-2020, 05:06 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 03:31 PM)Szuchow Wrote: It would be nice if shamans would stick to doing rain dances, it would be less embarrassing for them.

It's at least equivalent to the shit they insist upon blasting over the speakers at the grocery store.

The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(03-20-2020, 05:37 PM)brewerb Wrote:

I'm gonna need a catholic to explain this to me because it does not make a bit of fucking sense.

Is this a "in lieu of confession" kind of thing? If that is the case,........ then confession was never needed.

Feels more like a "join the Crusade to get ALL your sins forgiven" thing.

.... which, unfortunately, makes this an improvement.
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov

(03-20-2020, 05:40 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 05:06 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

It's at least equivalent to the shit they insist upon blasting over the speakers at the grocery store.

Yeah, better than hymns isn't a high bar to meet.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

Christianity just keeps getting funnier
Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid.
The following 3 users Like possibletarian's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Dancefortwo, Gwaithmir

(03-20-2020, 05:37 PM)brewerb Wrote:

IIRC, confessing one's sins got one into xtianity as an adult...according to the buy-bull. The actual act of confession in a regular basis seems to have appeared ca 1800. The shit's all made up anyway, dates are icing on the turd.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • brewerb

(03-20-2020, 05:24 PM)Dānu Wrote: Indulgences are only a step away.

I already bought mine. 
I b'lieve ah should sell some on eBay.
Test

Confession was invented or at least codified at the 4th Lateran Council in 1215.

Unlike Trumpolini we don't have video but the assholes did take copious notes!

TBH, this is pretty tame compared to some of the insanity going on. Not like these eejits using faith and salt water to spread the infection.

How come they aren't praying for God to stop this pandemic?

They are. That's how South Korea got the majority of its cases.

A major evangelical church in Brazil has won a court battle to remain open despite warnings that
large gatherings will help spread the coronavirus.  The ruling came days after a prominent bishop
from another evangelical church told followers not to worry about the pandemic because the devil
was trying to create fear

Even before the court ruling, Pastor Silas Malafia said his church would stay open.  "If everything
closes, there will be a little door open in my church and I will be there," Malafia said.    Brazilian
president, Jair Bolsonaro, who recently dismissed coronavirus as a media "fantasy", has
provoked widespread condemnation by defying medical advice and making public appearances with
crowds of supporters.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 3 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Paleophyte, possibletarian, brunumb

(03-21-2020, 07:21 AM)SYZ Wrote: A major evangelical church in Brazil has won a court battle to remain open despite warnings that
large gatherings will help spread the coronavirus.  The ruling came days after a prominent bishop
from another evangelical church told followers not to worry about the pandemic because the devil
was trying to create fear

Even before the court ruling, Pastor Silas Malafia said his church would stay open.  "If everything
closes, there will be a little door open in my church and I will be there," Malafia said.    Brazilian
president, Jair Bolsonaro, who recently dismissed coronavirus as a media "fantasy", has
provoked widespread condemnation by defying medical advice and making public appearances with
crowds of supporters.

For those of you who claim the religious aren't delusional, reread the above. Facepalm
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 6 users Like Chas's post:
  • Paleophyte, Finite Monkeys, possibletarian, brunumb, Alan V, SYZ

In reluctant fairness, crap like this isn't the typical response for most religious people either.
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov
The following 3 users Like Reltzik's post:
  • Paleophyte, Alan V, Thumpalumpacus

(03-20-2020, 11:57 PM)Fireball Wrote: IIRC, confessing one's sins got one into xtianity as an adult...according to the buy-bull. The actual act of confession in a regular basis seems to have appeared ca 1800. The shit's all made up anyway, dates are icing on the turd.
Marxist regimes were frequently into "confessing one's faults". I know in WWII the political officers would have regular meetings where everyone was required to give at least one example of how they had been less than a perfect communist and how they would correct that by the next meeting. The knife edge was telling a good story the PO would approve of and saying something that would get you sent to a punishment battalion, aka "bullet sponges", as they were frequently sent into an attack unarmed.

Christianity was never that harsh, everybody agreed to accept everybody's lies.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Checking out the blog site Friendly Atheist, it seems many silly-assed preachers are claiming to be able to cure covid-19. And many churches are still holding mass services to spread this virus among their congregations So then these silly fools can catch it, spread it around, to their friends, children and everybody they come in contact with. Darwin Awards for all of these morons. Human ignorance and religion, a bad combination.

"I'm sorry, you didn't beat the reaper".
- Firesign Theater
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 3 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Fireball, brewerb, Deesse23

(03-24-2020, 09:40 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: Checking out the blog site Friendly Atheist, it seems many silly-assed preachers are claiming to be able to cure covid-19.  And many churches are still holding mass services to spread this virus among their congregations  So then these silly fools can catch it, spread it around, to their friends, children and everybody they come in contact with.  Darwin Awards for all of these morons.  Human ignorance and religion, a bad combination.

"I'm sorry, you didn't beat the reaper".
- Firesign Theater

"In my considered opinion, this man has ... the plague."

Quote:Human ignorance and religion, a bad combination.

Chlorine for the gene pool.