Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speechless. What Fucking Fools!

(03-24-2020, 10:43 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Human ignorance and religion, a bad combination.

Chlorine for the gene pool.

If only it didn't spill into my pool.  Sad

(03-21-2020, 06:54 AM)Paleophyte Wrote: They are. That's how South Korea got the majority of its cases.

Clearly the wrong god. Or wrong theology. Or wrong verbiage.

Quote:The Catholic Church on Friday granted forgiveness — under certain conditions — for the sins of the faithful struck by the novel coronavirus.
A decree published by the Vatican also covers healthcare workers and those who pray for their well-being. Relatives who care for their sick family members may also be forgiven.
The conditions include the sick saying a certain number of prayers or following important celebrations from a distance.
Those who pray for the caregivers’ well-being must also read the Bible “for at least half an hour”.

So you sin by the definitions of the catholic church and then care for family members struck by Corvid19. And that gets you forgiveness for past crimes? Like rape, murder, and assault? Right!
Theists disbelieve in all deities but one.  I just disbelieve in one less.

It just means they've been given a clean slate, like going to confession. Handy if you think you're about to die.
  [Image: pirates.gif] Dog  

(03-25-2020, 06:11 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: It just means they've been given a clean slate, like going to confession. Handy if you think you're about to die.

And those rapists get forgiven?
Theists disbelieve in all deities but one.  I just disbelieve in one less.

(03-25-2020, 07:38 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 06:11 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: It just means they've been given a clean slate, like going to confession. Handy if you think you're about to die.

And those rapists get forgiven?

Hitler could be in Heaven, Anne Frank would still be in Hell.

Sick people need medical help, not the goddamn Holy Ghost!  Dodgy
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

(03-25-2020, 11:34 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote: Sick people need medical help, not the goddamn Holy Ghost!  Dodgy

Some First Nations tribes would leave elders under a big bush when they couldn't keep up. You grew up knowing this was going happen and didn't make a fuss when it did. I slept under one of those bushes once, it was supposed to get me in touch with the old ones. I just dreamed of drunken Irish gandy dancers.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Gwaithmir

(03-25-2020, 11:42 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 11:34 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote: Sick people need medical help, not the goddamn Holy Ghost!  Dodgy

Some First Nations tribes would leave elders under a big bush when they couldn't keep up. You grew up knowing this was going happen and didn't make a fuss when it did. I slept under one of those bushes once, it was supposed to get me in touch with the old ones. I just dreamed of drunken Irish gandy dancers.

Hmm. Were they drunk on the tracks or in a pub?
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

(03-25-2020, 11:54 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 11:42 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

Hmm. Were they drunk on the tracks or in a pub?

Some of them sobered up on the job, much to their horror.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Gwaithmir