Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apparently Trumpolini Isn't The Only Crook in the GOP

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/republi...al-report/

Quote:Republican Jim Inhofe dumped up to $450,000 in stock — the fourth GOP senator implicated in scandal: report

The GOP Senate Caucus faced a massive scandal on Thursday after multiple GOP senators revealed in public filings that they had sold large stock holdings after private briefings on the coronavirus scandal.
Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC), Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-GA) and Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) have all be implicated in the scandal.
Now conservative Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe has also been caught up, after reporting he sold in late February.

This could turn out to be entertaining.  Drain the swamp, my ass!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 4 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo, skyking, Fireball, Chimp3

Good, throw the book at 'em.
The following 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Dancefortwo, RobbyPants, skyking, julep

I'm sure Bill Barr will find a reason to give them the Medal of Freedom, instead.

"Laws" are for little people," to paraphrase Leona Helmsley.
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Fireball, Dancefortwo

Is it unreasonable to think their money guys saw the writing on the wall with what was happening in China, and wisely pulled out of the market?

I predicted a collapse as soon as I saw supply chains from China disrupted, in late January. If I had had any stocks, I would have sold them then. That said, I would buy online business stocks now, as well as delivery services. And I would keep special watch for and support delivery service start-ups... but that's just me.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

(03-20-2020, 03:57 PM)Dom Wrote: I predicted a collapse as soon as I saw supply chains from China disrupted, in late January. If I had had any stocks, I would have sold them then. That said, I would buy online business stocks now, as well as delivery services. And I would keep special watch for and support delivery service start-ups... but that's just me.

Yesterday Hubby bought stocks in a respirator and medical supply company and made over $1000 dollars in one day.   The only other stock we still have is Facebook and it still perks along but we sold everything else.
                                                         T4618

(03-20-2020, 03:51 PM)jerryg Wrote: Is it unreasonable to think their money guys saw the writing on the wall with what was happening in China, and wisely pulled out of the market?

Yeah, sure.  And there's a bridge in Brooklyn for sale too.
                                                         T4618

(03-20-2020, 03:51 PM)jerryg Wrote: Is it unreasonable to think their money guys saw the writing on the wall with what was happening in China, and wisely pulled out of the market?

It's illegal.... something that rarely bothers republicunts at all, I know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STOCK_Act

Quote:The Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge (STOCK) Act (Pub.L. 112–105, S. 2038, 126 Stat. 291, enacted April 4, 2012) is an Act of Congress designed to combat insider trading. It was signed into law by President Barack Obama on April 4, 2012. The bill prohibits the use of non-public information for private profit, including insider trading by members of Congress and other government employees. It confirms changes to the Commodity Exchange Act, specifies reporting intervals for financial transactions.

The bill was introduced by Joe Lieberman, independent United States Senator for Connecticut, on January 26, 2012, and passed in the Senate by a 96–3 vote.

BTW, one of those 3 "nays" was Richard Burr!
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo

It isn't just Republicans. Dianne Feinstein did as well.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Thumpalumpacus

(03-20-2020, 05:16 PM)Dānu Wrote: It isn't just Republicans.  Dianne Feinstein did as well.

Yup, it's not just Republicans.   Feinstein is loaded.  She's worth millions.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(03-20-2020, 05:16 PM)Dānu Wrote: It isn't just Republicans.  Dianne Feinstein did as well.

The details of the Feinstein deal involved something completely unrelated to Covid-19, and the stock she sold went up (is what I gathered half heartedly perusing the internet).

The facts will come out. If any of their holdings were actually in (really) blind trusts, with ethical managers, (the brokers and advisers can be subpoenaed) as well as their phone and email records can be obtained, some of them may be OK. The truth will out. It is possible that some high-end private advisers were independently telling their clients to get out. Congress should not be able to buy and sell stocks at all. 

Trumpolini has his Katrina on his hands. 
Doesn't look too good for him so far. 

Somehow a broker lady got my number at work, not sure how that happened, but she was doing a VERY hard sell, and she asked me how long I held something, and I said, "Well I'm testing the 30 minute charts with some good results, but usually I trade the 2 minute charts". She hung up on me. Heh heh. I'm always totally "out" by 10 AM PST ... Europe closes at 8:30, and New York goes to lunch and the volume dries up.
Test

Asian markets are up this morning.

I wonder what they are so happy about?

[Image: stock-vector-donald-trump-making-an-ok-h...675766.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Fireball