Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I LOVE THIS!

I LOVE THIS!
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/histo...forgeries/

Quote:Exclusive: 'Dead Sea Scrolls' at the Museum of the Bible are all forgeries

Months of testing confirm earlier suspicions that the fragments were made in modern times.

Quote:“The Museum of the Bible is trying to be as transparent as possible,” says CEO Harry Hargrave. “We’re victims—we’re victims of misrepresentation, we’re victims of fraud.”

True of all religitards, numbnuts.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 5 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Fireball, skyking, brewerb, Phaedrus, ghostexorcist

I LOVE THIS!
"I don't want to test it, I may not like the results." Always a good academic attitude.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

I LOVE THIS!
Hmmm.......   where else have I heard that recently?

Angel

I LOVE THIS!
I guess that they can put these Scrolls in the same display case as the bogus shroud of Turin? Save a bit of museum space.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Dancefortwo

I LOVE THIS!
Satan just makes it look like that.

I LOVE THIS!
Pretty much the same as a carney sideshow. I say keep them. The bible idiots will forget within a couple of years.

I can't tell you how many times I paid to see a fake mermaid.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

I LOVE THIS!
Fish head Mermaid?
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • brewerb

I LOVE THIS!
(03-13-2020, 08:07 PM)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/histo...forgeries/

Quote:Exclusive: 'Dead Sea Scrolls' at the Museum of the Bible are all forgeries

Months of testing confirm earlier suspicions that the fragments were made in modern times.

Quote:“The Museum of the Bible is trying to be as transparent as possible,” says CEO Harry Hargrave. “We’re victims—we’re victims of misrepresentation, we’re victims of fraud.”

I wonder if they happened to purchase the forgeries from Jim Baker?
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

I LOVE THIS!
(03-13-2020, 09:28 PM)no one Wrote: Fish head Mermaid?

I only looked at the boobs and butts.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Fireball

I LOVE THIS!
(03-13-2020, 09:28 PM)Mark Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 08:07 PM)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/histo...forgeries/

Huh?  Care to explain?  Are you talking about the Jim Bakker with the two "K's" in his name and the former nutcase wife Tammy Faye?
                                                         T4618

I LOVE THIS!
That be the one.

Quote:The PTL Club's fundraising activities between 1984 and 1987 were reported by The Charlotte Observer, eventually leading to criminal charges against Bakker.[44] Bakker and his PTL associates sold $1,000 "lifetime memberships", entitling buyers to an annual three-night stay at a luxury hotel at Heritage USA, during that period.[45] According to the prosecution at Bakker's fraud trial, tens of thousands of memberships were sold but only one 500-room hotel was ever finished.[46] Bakker sold "exclusive partnerships" which exceeded capacity, raising more than twice the money needed to build the hotel. Much of the money paid Heritage USA's operating expenses, and Bakker kept $3.4 million

Like all these jesus-shit mouthing motherfuckers, just a criminal.

I LOVE THIS!
(03-13-2020, 11:21 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 09:28 PM)Mark Wrote:

Huh?  Care to explain?  Are you talking about the Jim Bakker with the two "K's" in his name and the former nutcase wife Tammy Faye?

That's the one.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

I LOVE THIS!
(03-13-2020, 11:33 PM)Mark Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 11:21 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 09:28 PM)Mark Wrote: I wonder if they happened to purchase the forgeries from Jim Baker?

That's the one.

What did Bakker buy that was a forgery?  Not that I'm suprised he'd do something like that.
                                                         T4618

I LOVE THIS!
I hope the Bansky Scrolls are real!
One thing you never see: A guy in Boston Mass. with a Union flag yelling "The Nawth's gonna rise again!"

I LOVE THIS!
(03-13-2020, 11:36 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 11:33 PM)Mark Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 11:21 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Huh?  Care to explain?  Are you talking about the Jim Bakker with the two "K's" in his name and the former nutcase wife Tammy Faye?

That's the one.

What did Bakker buy that was a forgery?  Not that I'm suprised he'd do something like that.

I was suggesting that he might have been the one who sold them the phoney scrolls, the way he has been pedaling some silver concoction to combat COVID-19
F. D.

I LOVE THIS!
(03-14-2020, 12:42 AM)Mark Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 11:33 PM)Mark Wrote: That's the one.

I was suggesting that he might have been the one who sold them the phoney scrolls, the way he has been pedaling some silver concoction to combat COVID-19

Hummm, I'l betcha, betcha, betcha it's that stupid colloidial silver.  It's been touted as a antiviral for years but there's not the least bit of evidence it does anything except empty the pockets of gullible people.  Colloidal silver has an interesting side effect....it turns the skin blue.  

T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Mark, skyking

I LOVE THIS!
(03-14-2020, 12:42 AM)Mark Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 11:33 PM)Mark Wrote: That's the one.

Even though the forgeries were amateurish and easily detected by professionals the truth is you don't have to make a fraud too good to fool idiot xhristards.  They are dying to believe.  Its what sleazebags like Bakker count on.
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Mark, Dancefortwo

I LOVE THIS!
(03-14-2020, 12:42 AM)Mark Wrote: I was suggesting that he might have been the one who sold them the phoney scrolls, the way he has been peddling some silver concoction to combat COVID-19

Televangelist Jim Bakker is being sued by the state of Missouri for selling fake coronavirus cures
on his website. On Monday, the Jim Bakker Show and six other companies were warned by the the
US Federal Trade Commission and the US Food and Drug Administration to stop selling unapproved
products and treatments.  

Bakker's website offered products like "Silver Sol Liquid," that claimed to be able to diagnose or
cure the coronavirus illness, COVID-19. In a letter to the Jim Bakker Show, the FDA said the products
are in violation of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. The letter ordered Bakker to take
immediate actions to correct the violations and gave him 48 hours to take the products off of his site.

Bakker has been selling the "Silver Solution", also known as "Silver Sol" and "Optivida Silver Solution"
since at least February 12, 2020. He promoted the product on his show, saying "it hasn't been tested
on this strain of the coronavirus, but it has been tested on other strains of the coronavirus and has
been able to eliminate it within 12 hours."

He also claimed the government proved Silver Sol has the ability to kill every pathogen it has ever
been tested on, including SARS and HIV. These claims, which are reiterated on Bakker's website, are
completely baseless.

—I find it difficult to understand, considering this bloke's criminal record and snake-oil salesmanship,
how he can still have an apparently popular TV show, and have so many people believe in him.  Is this
another case of "only in America"?
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Deesse23, Mark

I LOVE THIS!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_of_the_Bible
Turns out there was quite a lot of illegal shit and dishonesty associated with this joint.
Also some real scholars were critical early on.
Test

I LOVE THIS!
Grrr... double post.

I LOVE THIS!
Quote:I find it difficult to understand, considering this bloke's criminal record and snake-oil salesmanship,

how he can still have an apparently popular TV show

Surely, you've heard of "The Apprentice?"
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Fireball, SYZ

I LOVE THIS!
Faked artifacts ... gosh, this is a surprise.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball

I LOVE THIS!
Meanwhile the first war photograph known, from 1855, is going on sale at Sotheby's. I imagine bidding will be via internet.

Unless you're just dying to have it, that is.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

I LOVE THIS!
(03-14-2020, 03:20 AM)SYZ Wrote:
(03-14-2020, 12:42 AM)Mark Wrote: I was suggesting that he might have been the one who sold them the phoney scrolls, the way he has been peddling some silver concoction to combat COVID-19

Televangelist Jim Bakker is being sued by the state of Missouri for selling fake coronavirus cures
on his website. On Monday, the Jim Bakker Show and six other companies were warned by the the
US Federal Trade Commission and the US Food and Drug Administration to stop selling unapproved
products and treatments.  

Bakker's website offered products like "Silver Sol Liquid," that claimed to be able to diagnose or
cure the coronavirus illness, COVID-19. In a letter to the Jim Bakker Show, the FDA said the products
are in violation of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. The letter ordered Bakker to take
immediate actions to correct the violations and gave him 48 hours to take the products off of his site.

Bakker has been selling the "Silver Solution", also known as "Silver Sol" and "Optivida Silver Solution"
since at least February 12, 2020. He promoted the product on his show, saying "it hasn't been tested
on this strain of the coronavirus, but it has been tested on other strains of the coronavirus and has
been able to eliminate it within 12 hours."

He also claimed the government proved Silver Sol has the ability to kill every pathogen it has ever
been tested on, including SARS and HIV. These claims, which are reiterated on Bakker's website, are
completely baseless.

—I find it difficult to understand, considering this bloke's criminal record and snake-oil salesmanship,
how he can still have an apparently popular TV show, and have so many people believe in him.  Is this
another case of "only in America"?

Yup, he's given colloidial silver a different name and calling it "Silver Sol".  This shit has been touted as an antiviral all over the internet for a couple of decades.  Drink enough of it will kill you but before it does that it will turn your skin blue.  (see my video above) There's zero evidence it's an antiviral.  The human body cannot process that much silver.  

Quote:The permissible exposure limit (PEL) recommended by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the Mine Safety and Health Administration and the recommended exposure limit set by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health is 0.01 mg/m3 for all forms of silver. The adverse effects of chronic exposure to silver are a permanent bluish-gray discoloration of the skin (argyria) or eyes (argyrosis). Most studies discuss cases of argyria and argyrosis that have resulted primarily from exposure to the soluble forms of silver. Besides argyria and argyrosis, exposure to soluble silver compounds may produce other toxic effects, including liver and kidney damage, irritation of the eyes, skin, respiratory, and intestinal tract, and changes in blood cells.

But Jim Bakker is more interested in money than people's health and he's relying on a panicked public to fill his bank account.  What a horrible human being!
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • SYZ

I LOVE THIS!
(03-14-2020, 03:21 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: ...But Jim Bakker is more interested in money than people's health and he's relying on a panicked public to fill his bank account.  What a horrible human being!

I had the voluntary displeasure of watching Bakker's latest TV show today on the internet, and I have
to say... what a bunch of sleaze-bags the entire panel and guests are.  Bakker's replacement wife looks
like something out of Madam Tussauds's waxworks museum circa 1899.  She's a clone of Tammy Faye,
and is obviously not a "real" wife, but simply Jim's business partner who acts as an enabler for the female
members of Bakker's US audience, and the suckers who pay megabucks for his worthless pills and potions.

I also noted several bottles, tubes and boxes of his “Silver Solution” scattered across his desk, despite the
FDA and several US states forcing him to take down these products from his web site—which I note he has,
under the threat of litigation/prosecution.  I'm guessing that after his 6 years in jail for multiple frauds,
running into millions of dollars, Bakker wasn't prepared to risk another conviction and/or jail term, as it
appeared that his god had deserted him once before LOL.

I also read that Bakker drugged and raped a 21-year-old Playboy model in a hot-sheet hotel in 1980 when
he was 41 years old, and he'd been married to Tammy Faye for 19 years.    What a charming man!