Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who the hell does God think He is?

(03-06-2020, 12:01 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: For science, the better term is verifyability.  Testability.  Falsifiability is only half the process.  Einstein once said "No amount of experimentation can prove me right, a single experiment can prove me wrong".  But  when a theory has been tested over many years and stood up to all tests, it is essentially proven.  There comes a point that thinking that a single experiment is coming is probably not a really correct idea, when said theory has not only withstood testing, but has been successfully used in real world situations and proven vital and useful.

And as far as theology goes, the self contradictory and incoherent claims of theology create demonstrations that much of what passes today as theology has in fact been falsified, if you want to use that as a demarcation.

what a moron.. 

I told you each discipline has it's own vetting process. as does theology. IE we can test using theology tools if God is real... nice to see you finally catching up.

Do I detect Dripshit big red letters again ? LOL
Here we have an idiot who did not graduate from 5th Grade telling one of the most educated people here, he's factually wrong.
There is no end to this complete stupidity.

Drich, you are too stupid to live. Your level of stupidity is incompatible with life.  
What college or university did you study theology at ?
Please post one of your theology class papers.
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • SYZ

(03-05-2020, 07:49 PM)Drich Wrote: God FATHER= He 
God SON = HE
God holy Spirit planted the seed of Christ into marry=HE
Do you think before you speak? clearly not. Otherwise you would not ask such obvious questions.

Actually it's not the question that's obvious fool, it's the answer YOU think is obvious.
Critical thinking has never been your strong suit.

The fact is, humans made up that shit, and then wrote the shit in a book.

1. Do you actually know (biologically) what makes a man a *man* and a woman a *woman* ?
2. How would any human actually know what *sex* a god has.

So yeah, until you explain these things, and prove that your god is real, AND has a sex, this ....
along with all the other shit you have brought here, is dismissed for the rubbish it is.
Test
  • Astreja

(03-06-2020, 07:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: The fact is, humans made up that shit, and then wrote the shit in a book.

Indeed - the people who write the stories get to choose the traits of the characters, including gender and even species.  A culture with male leaders would tend to create a male god, and many polytheistic religions have animal gods in their pantheons.

@Drich

To paraphrase a bloke I met in the pub -

Quote:What is asserted in incomprehensible gibberish can be denied in incomprehensible gibberish.

Hovercraft, your Drich eel is empty of Zimbabwean helicopter juice. Thy knees are beside your nose (as are thy toothpaste containers). Your emissions are as those of an LED light which is switched off and your genitals are the size of those of a three years dead decomposed interstacial seahorse.

You might want to get the internal pressure of your left bullshit gland checked the next time you're at the keyboard, just to make sure. Better chafed than sandpapered as they say in the trade (as well you know).

Drich : "I told you each discipline has it's own vetting process. as does theology. IE we can test using theology tools if God is real... nice to see you finally catching up."

Theology tools? What a laugh!
One thing you never see: A guy in Boston Mass. with a Union flag yelling "The Nawth's gonna rise again!"

Quote:has it's own vetting process.

Except religion which gleefully accepts any asswipe who comes along spouting bullshit.  Gaze into a mirror for an example.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

(03-06-2020, 08:47 PM)Chimp3 Wrote: Drich : "I told you each discipline has it's own vetting process. as does theology. IE we can test using theology tools if God is real... nice to see you finally catching up."

Not so fast.
Woo detection is an art. I can probably sell you a god-detector from the woo factory.
It might run you a bit. Just send your Visa number.
Test
  • Chimp3

(03-06-2020, 08:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 08:47 PM)Chimp3 Wrote: Drich : "I told you each discipline has it's own vetting process. as does theology. IE we can test using theology tools if God is real... nice to see you finally catching up."

Not so fast.
Woo detection is an art. I can probably sell you a god-detector from the woo factory.
It might run you a bit. Just send your Visa number.

I will need a presuppositional pick ax, a pair of god pliers and the Hammer of the Gods for my next project.
One thing you never see: A guy in Boston Mass. with a Union flag yelling "The Nawth's gonna rise again!"
The following 1 user Likes Chimp3's post:
  • Chas

(03-06-2020, 07:25 PM)Drich Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 12:01 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: For science, the better term is verifyability.  Testability.  Falsifiability is only half the process.  Einstein once said "No amount of experimentation can prove me right, a single experiment can prove me wrong".  But  when a theory has been tested over many years and stood up to all tests, it is essentially proven.  There comes a point that thinking that a single experiment is coming is probably not a really correct idea, when said theory has not only withstood testing, but has been successfully used in real world situations and proven vital and useful.

And as far as theology goes, the self contradictory and incoherent claims of theology create demonstrations that much of what passes today as theology has in fact been falsified, if you want to use that as a demarcation.

what a moron.. 

I told you each discipline has it's own vetting process. as does theology. IE we can test using theology tools if God is real... nice to see you finally catching up.

As one who has read far too much theology over the years from the supposed best and rightest theology has to offer, I can attest that most of theology is either rank nonsense based on straw men (Most everything Alvin Plantinga has written) to trying to square self contradictory theological claims.  And much of it seems stubbornly to miss the whole point of the operation of theology.  Much of it is at best, low grade apologism peddling.

For example, the problem of God and time.  There are many thick books out there on the problem of God and time, and I have a few of these ponderous tomes.  They have no way of settling these issues after centuries of arguing the case, which has been getting more critical since WW2 when theological skeptics started calling this all into sharp focus. However we argue, God in time, out of time, time is a problem for God and few of these people really manage to take that conclusion to heart.

Theology all too often resembles a pseudo-science like parapsychology where the true believers spin their wheels and achieve nothing, and dare not accept the fact that the whole field has produced nothing of value over decades except as a bad example to scientists.

The problem of evil rocks on, the problem of free will and omniscience rattles on and on and it all just is very much a useless enterprise.  It is mainly an exercise in special pleading, and frustration.  How many invisible pink unicorns can dance on the head of a pin?  And lots of God of the gaps.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 3 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Alan V, Astreja, SYZ

Fuck god and fuck all his followers:

[Image: Consejos-de-Bertrand-Russell-para-vivir-...rencia.png]
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo, airportkid, Gwaithmir

(03-06-2020, 08:15 PM)Astreja Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 07:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: The fact is, humans made up that shit, and then wrote the shit in a book.

Indeed - the people who write the stories get to choose the traits of the characters, including gender and even species.  A culture with male leaders would tend to create a male god, and many polytheistic religions have animal gods in their pantheons.

So true.  The bible is a book written by men from a patiarchal society who saw no problem with slavery or beating women.  This is a book which stones adulterous women, disobedient children and homosexuals because apparently they deserve it and deserve to burn in eternal hell too.   It's basically a tribal book.  It's tribal god is genocidal and kills or condones the killing of other tribes. This is exactly the type of book one would expect to be written 2600 years ago by people who didn't know where the sun went at night. 

There is no doubt that it is the most violent, most immoral book ever written.  No other book even comes close to it's blood and guts.  If one were to make the entire bible into a movie and realistically depict all the violence it would be rated XXXXX  for excessive violence; not fit for family viewing.   Decapitations, cutting off penises, killing babies and small children, murder and mayhem, mass drownings, father daughter incest (condoned by their god, no less) abortions, human sacrifice, you name it - it's in that book.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Astreja

Drippy is a theological Tool.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 3 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • brunumb, Astreja, Chimp3

(03-06-2020, 10:49 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 08:15 PM)Astreja Wrote:

So true.  The bible is a book written by men from a patiarchal society who saw no problem with slavery or beating women.  This is a book which stones adulterous women, disobedient children and homosexuals because apparently they deserve it and deserve to burn in eternal hell too.   It's basically a tribal book.  It's tribal god is genocidal and kills or condones the killing of other tribes. This is exactly the type of book one would expect to be written 2600 years ago by people who didn't know where the sun went at night. 

There is no doubt that it is the most violent, most immoral book ever written.  No other book even comes close to it's blood and guts.  If one were to make the entire bible into a movie and realistically depict all the violence it would be rated XXXXX  for excessive violence; not fit for family viewing.   Decapitations, cutting off penises, killing babies and small children, murder and mayhem, mass drownings, father daughter incest (condoned by their god, no less) abortions, human sacrifice, you name it - it's in that book.

Reading the Bible was instrumental in my becoming an atheist.  Nod
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • SYZ, Dancefortwo

It's actually quite funny that Drich is so fucking stupid that he just carries on in this thread
as per his usual religious ravings—almost as though he doesn't comprehend that we're taking
the piss out of him with every second comment.    Luckily for the world, not all theists are as
thick as two short planks LOL.

(Or if you're more so inclined to violence... Hang him baboon, his wit's as thicke as Tewksbury mustard.)
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

(03-07-2020, 02:52 PM)SYZ Wrote: ... It's actually quite funny that Drich is so fucking stupid ...
What makes it especially entertaining is that he's stupid   AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS  Facepalm

But that's that natural effect of Dunning-Kruger - the less you know, the more certain you are that you know everything - and that truthiness increases with font size.  Tongue .
The following 2 users Like airportkid's post:
  • SYZ, Deesse23