Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since I am now a reverend in the Church of Latter Day Dudes....

.....according to my certificate, "As a minister, preacher and official representative of the Church of the Latter-Day Dude" I can  "precide over any religious, sacred or ceremonial ritual, including marriage, funeral services, religious counseling, christenings and blessing or consecration ceremonies".      I'm thinking of doing the Mormon trick of baptizing dead people to the Church of the Latter-Day Dude.   I might as well start with Joseph Smith himself because, lets face it, he's burning in hell because he's in the wrong fuckin church.  Fuckin a.    He needs to abidefully convert to the correct and only true religion of the Latter Day Dudes 'cause it's so cool and stuff like that.

With this amazing power I now posess I see no end to what I can achieve.  Orangefuckface is next.  I'm going to convert him by osmosis to Dudism next time I see him on the TV.....(I might need to throw up first though) and then banish him to hell for stealing the rug,  the rug which tied the country together.  Wow man. What kind of a guy does stuff like that?  I just want my fuckin rug back. 

Got any more things I could fix for ya?  

Abidefully yours, 

Dudefortwo
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • airportkid, Fireball, Unsapien

Been dipping into the sacramental weed again Minister Dude?

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

The following 2 users Like Unsapien's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Fireball

(02-29-2020, 11:54 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: .....according to my certificate, "As a minister, preacher and official representative of the Church of the Latter-Day Dude" I can  "precide over any religious, sacred or ceremonial ritual, including marriage, funeral services, religious counseling, christenings and blessing or consecration ceremonies".      I'm thinking of doing the Mormon trick of baptizing dead people to the Church of the Latter-Day Dude.   I might as well start with Joseph Smith himself because, lets face it, he's burning in hell because he's in the wrong fuckin church.  Fuckin a.    He needs to abidefully convert to the correct and only true religion of the Latter Day Dudes 'cause it's so cool and stuff like that.

With this amazing power I now posess I see no end to what I can achieve.  Orangefuckface is next.  I'm going to convert him by osmosis to Dudism next time I see him on the TV.....(I might need to throw up first though) and then banish him to hell for stealing the rug,  the rug which tied the country together.  Wow man. What kind of a guy does stuff like that?  I just want my fuckin rug back. 

Abidefully yours, 

Dudefortwo

ya ya ya ... but can you baptize dead people ?
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Dancefortwo

(03-01-2020, 12:59 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 11:54 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: .....according to my certificate, "As a minister, preacher and official representative of the Church of the Latter-Day Dude" I can  "precide over any religious, sacred or ceremonial ritual, including marriage, funeral services, religious counseling, christenings and blessing or consecration ceremonies".      I'm thinking of doing the Mormon trick of baptizing dead people to the Church of the Latter-Day Dude.   I might as well start with Joseph Smith himself because, lets face it, he's burning in hell because he's in the wrong fuckin church.  Fuckin a.    He needs to abidefully convert to the correct and only true religion of the Latter Day Dudes 'cause it's so cool and stuff like that.

Abidefully yours, 

Dudefortwo

ya ya ya ... but can you baptize dead people ?

Sure, no problemo.  I got some mumbo-jumbo stuff I say and then - voila! they're baptized and ready to have a white Russian and go fucking bowling for eternity.    Whistling
                                                         T4618

(03-01-2020, 12:56 AM)Unsapien Wrote: Been dipping into the sacramental weed again Minister Dude?

Sober as a judge.   Yaay!   Beercheer
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Unsapien

But do you have a hat and an eye patch the way Pastafarian Preachers do.

No stupid hat.  No religion.  It's a rule.

[Image: Pasta4.jpg]
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Unsapien

(03-01-2020, 01:22 AM)Minimalist Wrote: But do you have a hat and an eye patch the way Pastafarian Preachers do.

[Image: Pasta4.jpg]

I laughed so hard Min, you never get tired of this do you? lol.
The following 1 user Likes Link's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Not so far.
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Did the room just suddenly get very cold?
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Dancefortwo

(03-01-2020, 01:22 AM)Minimalist Wrote: But do you have a hat and an eye patch the way Pastafarian Preachers do.

No stupid hat???

[Image: Yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg]

I got my bath robe, a Hawiian shirt and The Fuckin Holy Bowling Ball of Eternity.  I'm super cool with my Holy Bowling Ball, man.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Fireball, Chas

(03-01-2020, 03:15 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:

No stupid hat???

[Image: Yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg]

I got my bath robe, a Hawiian shirt and The Fuckin Holy Bowling Ball of Eternity.  I'm super cool with my Holy Bowling Ball, man.

EVERY bit as much sense as ever other "religion" is.  Dance
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Dancefortwo

[Image: 66e45b414764d5203f53b6a5cdff2816.jpg]

I don't want to find you floating face down in a river.  Those hat makers play rough.
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo, brunumb

Abidefully yours, 

Dudefortwo

[Image: afo-sig-009%20copy.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Hell, I'm an ordained minister in The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster AND a Dudist priest.

I haz certificates! Nod 

I am so holy the wind whistles as it goes through!
Philosophy is about asking questions.
Science is about answering questions.
Theology is about avoiding questions.
The following 1 user Likes Chas's post:
  • Dancefortwo

(03-01-2020, 03:27 AM)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: 66e45b414764d5203f53b6a5cdff2816.jpg]

I don't want to find you floating face down in a river.  Those hat makers play rough.

Just giving her a heads up? Consider
The following 1 user Likes Chas's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Pedantic aside:

'Reverend' is not a title, it is an adjective - a modifier.

The correct form of address for a Protestant ordained minister is "The Reverend Mr. So-and-so" or "The Reverend Dr. So-and-so" and for a bishops, archbishops, etc. there are "Right Reverend", "Most Reverend", and so on.

On the other hand, vicars and deacons are addressed as vicar or deacon, as those are the names of their positions.
The following 2 users Like Chas's post:
  • Dānu, Alan V

(03-01-2020, 07:11 AM)Chas Wrote: Pedantic aside:

'Reverend' is not a title, it is an adjective - a modifier.

The correct form of address for a Protestant ordained minister is "The Reverend Mr. So-and-so" or "The Reverend Dr. So-and-so" and for a bishops, archbishops, etc. there are "Right Reverend", "Most Reverend", and so on.

On the other hand, vicars and deacons are addressed as vicar or deacon, as those are the names of their positions.

Dodgy   On the other hand, dude works too.
                                                         T4618

Quote:The correct form of address for a Protestant ordained minister is "The Reverend Mr. So-and-so" or "The Reverend Dr. So-and-so" and for a bishops, archbishops, etc. there are "Right Reverend", "Most Reverend", and so on.

Not "Shithead" and "Arch-Shithead?"

I guess I have been wrong about that all along!

finally the logic of the missionary position explained. thank you chas!

(03-01-2020, 07:02 AM)Chas Wrote: Hell, I'm an ordained minister in The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster AND a Dudist priest.

I haz certificates! Nod 

I am so holy the wind whistles as it goes through!

Me too! Abide and Ramen!
One thing you never see: A guy in Boston Mass. with a Union flag yelling "The Nawth's gonna rise again!"