Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The creepiest cryptid lurking in your state?

Ranker.com

Quote:Florida: Skunk Ape

Florida's own Bigfoot (though it's been known to appear elsewhere), the Skunk Ape follows familiar territory where ape-like cryptids are concerned: big, hairy, and stinky. This last characteristic, however, is the Skunk Ape's most defining feature. Witnesses of the creature have likened this smell to that of a skunk, hence its name, but more often than not it is said to smell "rancid" or "putrid," like rotting food or dead flesh.

This guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Vachon

My guess is that only boomers will remember him.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Phaedrus, Astreja

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cryptids

That out of the way, the Cadborosaurus was alleged to be up and down the NA west coast, but I guess originating in Victoria.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Phaedrus

Some of the Wood Devils relatives live across the street.
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Phaedrus

Fernando "El Erizo" Rabinowitz. Attorney at Law.
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • Phaedrus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Worth_Monster

Reports of sightings by local citizens of "a half-man, half-goat, with fur and scales" in July 1969 led to the belief that a mysterious creature lived in Lake Worth. Newspapers reported the alleged sightings, including one in which the monster landed on a man's car after jumping out of a tree, and another in which it threw an automobile tire at a group of people. Newspapers also published a photograph purportedly of the creature and locals began driving out to the lake at night to get a look at it.[4] Local police investigated the claims, but found no evidence of the monster in the Lake Worth and Greer Island area. [1][2][3]

Four decades later, many, including Allen Plaster, who took the supposed photograph of the creature, suspected that it was a hoax. Reports of the monster ceased when school resumed, which suggests that the incidents were pranks carried out by high school students. In 2005, a reporter at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram received an anonymous letter from someone claiming to be one of three high school classmates who, in the summer of 1969, "decided to go out to Lake Worth and scare people" using a tinfoil mask. In 2009, Fort Worth, Texas magazine published a report about an unidentified man who said that he had been a perpetrator of the tire-throwing incident.[3]

----

Scaring the yokels. A time honored tradition.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Phaedrus

My cousins.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Phaedrus

(02-25-2020, 11:42 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: My cousins.

How did I know you were going to say that?

Consider
The following 2 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Chas