Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy

Howdy
Well, I was one of the people who hung around the TA forums until their abrupt shutdown.  (I still haven't completely forgiven Seth Andrews for that.)  Went over to Atheist forums but didn't really gel there, so I kinda bummed around without a community for a while, and...

... apparently this place is a thing, huh?

And I see a lot of familiar handles, too.

Yup!  I'm definitely signing up for this!
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov

Howdy
Hellooo and welcome back to the land of milk and honey.

Apologies for everything being a bit sticky.

Howdy
Welcome Woof.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Howdy
Hello, there.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Howdy
Welcome, I was an irregular at TTA. Actually I'm pretty irregular most places, and I don't mean regarding digestion.

Was your username at TTA the same?
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

Howdy
Howdy
R.I.P. Hannes

Howdy
Hi, Reltzik! Welcome!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Howdy
Heyas -- I remember you, good to see you around.

Howdy
Welcome back!  Thumbs Up
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Howdy
Hello!
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.

Howdy
Hi and welcome! ?

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom

Howdy
Welcome!

Howdy
(02-14-2020, 04:32 PM)Mark Wrote: Welcome, I was an irregular at TTA.  Actually I'm pretty irregular most places, and I don't mean regarding digestion.

Was your username at TTA the same?

Yup.  I mostly hung around on on the theism and atheism subforum debating, so you could easily have missed me.
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov

Howdy
(02-14-2020, 02:53 PM)Reltzik Wrote: Well, I was one of the people who hung around the TA forums until their abrupt shutdown.  (I still haven't completely forgiven Seth Andrews for that.)  Went over to Atheist forums but didn't really gel there, so I kinda bummed around without a community for a while, and...

Welcome back, I think we all frequent other forums from time to time. It's good to see you here.
Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid.

Howdy
"Howdy."
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Howdy
Velcome! Muhahahahah!
One thing you never see: A guy in Boston Mass. with a Union flag yelling "The Nawth's gonna rise again!"

Howdy
Glad you found the way here.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Howdy
Took ya long enough.  Tongue
Hello.
Test

Howdy
Hello from Middle Earth!  Smile
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Howdy
Smile

Howdy
G'day mate, and welcome (back) to the forum.      Sun
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Howdy
That's a familiar name, welcome.

Howdy
(02-14-2020, 02:53 PM)Reltzik Wrote: Well, I was one of the people who hung around the TA forums until their abrupt shutdown.  (I still haven't completely forgiven Seth Andrews for that.)  Went over to Atheist forums but didn't really gel there, so I kinda bummed around without a community for a while, and...

FFS i am so accustomed to seeing you I had always thought you were already here! LOL

Welcome home.
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org

Howdy
Hello and welcome, I do remember your name.

Smile
[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

Howdy
Welcome back on-board Smile