Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Poll: If Trump is reelected, are you abandoning the country?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
7.69%
1 7.69%
No
76.92%
10 76.92%
Maybe
15.38%
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Trump is reelected

If Trump is reelected
Are you moving out of the U.S.?

I'm seriously considering it might be time to get out before it's too late. I've learned enough from history that most people wait till it's too late, and I don't want to be stuck in a shithole of a country.

You're not going to stay in a job that does not appreciate you, why remain in a country that that does not either?
The following 2 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • RobbyPants, Tres Leches

If Trump is reelected
I may or may not move, but I will probably kiss the nation goodbye in my own way. This ain't the America I enlisted for.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • skyking, Dom

If Trump is reelected
I thought the country was empty from all the people that left the first time they said they would...(sorry)

If Trump is reelected
Nope. Trump is only one person.

I'd love to move to Bonaire, but not because of Trump. I jut like the culture. But I have no desire to learn another language (Dutch, Papiamento). And I like American culture. I'd miss it here.
Is this sig thing on?

If Trump is reelected
I'm not going anywhere, regardless.

The country will survive Trump, although the climate may not.

If Trump is reelected
Jesus Christ, it's like you guys are worried that Trump is going to be president for the next 100 years of tyranny or something? He's only gonna have 1 more term, lasting 4 years, and then you get someone else.
The following 1 user Likes Aractus's post:
  • Mad Hatter

If Trump is reelected
Nope. I think he's terrible as a president but personally, in my day to day life, I've not been that bent out of shape.

My kid pisses me off more than Trump.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 4 users Like brewerb's post:
  • skyking, c172, SYZ, Mad Hatter

If Trump is reelected
Where is there to go.  That fucking idiot will destroy the whole planet in one way or another.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

If Trump is reelected
(02-10-2020, 03:33 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Where is there to go.  That fucking idiot will destroy the whole planet in one way or another.

Exhibit A for Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Given that the economy is booming under his tenure, I do wonder how you'd react to a president that actually destroyed the US economy?
  • Mad Hatter

If Trump is reelected
Rich people enjoying their special welfare under Republican rule isn't indicative of the economy booming.
The following 4 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Deesse23, Dom, Fireball

If Trump is reelected
Look at the big picture, aractus. The national debt has bloomed far beyond anyone's nightmares. The bill will come due.
The environmental protections have been knocked to shambles. That bill will come due too.
The supreme court is all set to roll back human rights for decades to come. That one will be hard to calculate.
I'm not panicking, but the damage is on many levels.
The following 6 users Like skyking's post:
  • Phaedrus, Thumpalumpacus, Dom, Old Man Marsh, isbelldl, TheGentlemanBastard

If Trump is reelected
(02-10-2020, 03:47 AM)skyking Wrote: Look at the big picture, aractus. The national debt has bloomed far beyond anyone's nightmares. The bill will come due.

Okay, firstly the US national debt is nowhere near crisis. It's only at a low-midrange level historically speaking. But sure it would be good to address it.

Quote:The environmental protections have been knocked to shambles. That bill will come due too.

Okay, so some of those "protections" were removing unhelpful red tape - such as removing California's different emission standards for cars. Now you might say "more pollution, lower air quality" etc - true. But manufacturers need to be able to make to one standard for the whole of the US, not different standards for different States - that's inefficient. It's the whole argument why there's a European Union as well - if every EU member state had their own vehicle emission standard it'd be a manufacturer's nightmare.

Quote:The supreme court is all set to roll back human rights for decades to come. That one will be hard to calculate.

It's not at all Trump's fault or doing that appointments to the highest court in the US are political. Obama could have led by example, but he didn't.
  • Mad Hatter

If Trump is reelected
the debt
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-nationa...1580238089
get real, man. That thing is a cliff!

If Trump is reelected
(02-10-2020, 04:00 AM)Aractus Wrote: Okay, firstly the US national debt is nowhere near crisis. It's only at a low-midrange level historically speaking. But sure it would be good to address it.

LOL, 23 trillion is "low-midrange" of what, "historically speaking" ? 
What a pile of shit.
Test
The following 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • skyking, GenesisNemesis

If Trump is reelected
(02-10-2020, 04:00 AM)Aractus Wrote: Okay, firstly the US national debt is nowhere near crisis. It's only at a low-midrange level historically speaking. But sure it would be good to address it.

The only time the debt-to-GNP ratio has been higher in American history was during WWII.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • skyking

If Trump is reelected
(02-10-2020, 04:14 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: The only time the debt-to-GNP ratio has been higher in American history was during WWII.

Not true:

[Image: RhXyFu5.png]

If Trump is reelected
(02-10-2020, 03:40 AM)Aractus Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 03:33 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Where is there to go.  That fucking idiot will destroy the whole planet in one way or another.

Exhibit A for Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Given that the economy is booming under his tenure, I do wonder how you'd react to a president that actually destroyed the US economy?

Booming?  For who?  His billionaire buddies maybe.  Apparently you don't care about the poor bastards who are struggling to get by. 

Lesson number one is not to believe a single word that motherfucker says.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Phaedrus, GenesisNemesis

If Trump is reelected
(02-10-2020, 04:00 AM)Aractus Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 03:47 AM)skyking Wrote: Look at the big picture, aractus. The national debt has bloomed far beyond anyone's nightmares. The bill will come due.

Okay, firstly the US national debt is nowhere near crisis. It's only at a low-midrange level historically speaking. But sure it would be good to address it.

Only for the 1% and high-salaried people.  Thousands of people are getting laid off due to retail businesses going under, and there isn't a safety net.

Quote:Okay, so some of those "protections" were removing unhelpful red tape - such as removing California's different emission standards for cars. Now you might say "more pollution, lower air quality" etc - true. But manufacturers need to be able to make to one standard for the whole of the US, not different standards for different States - that's inefficient. It's the whole argument why there's a European Union as well - if every EU member state had their own vehicle emission standard it'd be a manufacturer's nightmare.

Inefficient ? So?  There are 50 states each with its own constitution and laws.  The United States of America are precisely that.

Quote:The supreme court is all set to roll back human rights for decades to come. That one will be hard to calculate.

Of course you're not panicking, you're in Oz.  Many who live here are. Dodgy

Quote:It's not at all Trump's fault or doing that appointments to the highest court in the US are political. Obama could have led by example, but he didn't.

It is McConnell's fault  that the Senate wouldn't consider Obama's appointments. That's what was unprecented.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 4 users Like Chas's post:
  • Phaedrus, Deesse23, Dom, Thumpalumpacus

If Trump is reelected
(02-10-2020, 04:53 AM)Aractus Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 04:14 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: The only time the debt-to-GNP ratio has been higher in American history was during WWII.

Not true:

What has UK debt got to do with it? Huh
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 5 users Like Chas's post:
  • Dom, Finite Monkeys, GenesisNemesis, TheGentlemanBastard, Thumpalumpacus

If Trump is reelected
(02-10-2020, 02:36 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Are you moving out of the U.S.?

I'm seriously considering it might be time to get out before it's too late. I've learned enough from history that most people wait till it's too late, and I don't want to be stuck in a shithole of a country.

You're not going to stay in a job that does not appreciate you, why remain in a country that that does not either?

Where's the "I already did two years ago button"? The question for me is if I'm moving back.
The following 3 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • Phaedrus, Deesse23, skyking

If Trump is reelected

Not true:

That's the UK you clown.

Still, that's the kind of shite I've come to expect from the guy who claimed China was on the opposite side of the world from Australia.
The following 2 users Like Finite Monkeys's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus

If Trump is reelected
(02-10-2020, 01:02 PM)RobbyPants Wrote: Where's the "I already did two years ago button"? The question for me is if I'm moving back.
Wheres the "Never went there and wont, until they got their shit together" button? Modest
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 1 user Likes Deesse23's post:
  • RobbyPants

If Trump is reelected
(02-10-2020, 01:28 PM)Finite Monkeys Wrote: That's the UK you clown.

Still, that's the kind of shite I've come to expect from the guy who claimed China was on the opposite side of the world from Australia.
I guess UK is as close as US to him than actually paying 350mio a week and being supposed to pay 350mio a week. Both are meaningless differences. Dog
R.I.P. Hannes

If Trump is reelected
"Lol you guys come on! Trump's just putting children in cages, he's not a bad guy or anything!"
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Phaedrus, isbelldl, Dom

If Trump is reelected
(02-10-2020, 01:28 PM)Finite Monkeys Wrote:

Not true:

That's the UK you clown.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Wait, what?! Where?
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Phaedrus