Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Poll: What are your favorite things to drink?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Water
20.00%
9 20.00%
Coffee or tea
31.11%
14 31.11%
Soda / Pop
6.67%
3 6.67%
Fruit juices
8.89%
4 8.89%
Kool-Aid / Drink mixes
2.22%
1 2.22%
Sparkling water
6.67%
3 6.67%
Energy drinks
4.44%
2 4.44%
Hard liquor (specify)
4.44%
2 4.44%
Beer (specify)
13.33%
6 13.33%
Other (specify)
2.22%
1 2.22%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your favorite things to drink?

What's your favorite thing or things to drink?

My likes:

Coffee.  I drink a lot of coffee, but I'm not a connoisseur.  I like breakfast blends, Columbian, and mixing it up with French or Italian roast from time to time. I take it black, but like an occasional latte w/hazelnut.

Tea.  Again, not a connoisseur, but I like Oolongs, puerhs, blacks in general, and Lapsang Souchong.  Herbals are way low on my list, along with green tea.

Hot cocoa and hot cider. I keep plenty on hand for when I tire of coffee or tea, or need something sweet and hot.

Broth. My favorites are tomato flavored and spicy or pho flavored pastes, but I drink a lot of chicken as well.

Sparkling water.  Lime is my go-to flavor, but I like La Croix coconut and Whole Foods Market's ginger flavor.  I've found Ice Mountain brand tastes better than either La Croix or generics.  I don't know why.

Tequila.  My favorite hard liquor, by far.  I prefer grassy or citrusey tequilas to the peppery ones, and I prefer reposados over Anejos and Blancos.

Beer.  I don't have a favorite.  I like porters and IPAs and stouts, but concentrate on "everyday drinking beers" these days.

Hard cider.  I like Strongbow best, but haven't really sampled many different ones beyond Strongbow and Angry Orchard.

Soda.  I generally don't drink soda, but I like Pepsi, Sprite, cream soda, and ginger beer.

Lemonade.  My favorite sweet drink flavor.  Along with other classics like grape and cherry.

Iced tea.  I used to drink iced tea almost exclusively, but it takes more work to prepare it, so I don't drink it very often.  I prefer fresh brewed over powdered mix.

Water.  Spring water preferred.  My local grocery chain sells a good tasting generic.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

What's your favorite thing or things to drink?

Coffee.  I don't drink it anymore, but when I did in the 90's, I liked cheap and black, or a maple latte at Mocha Joe's Cafe

Tea.  No. Not into warm beverages anymore.  

Sparkling water.  Perrier.

Tequila.  Haven't had.

Beer.  Heineken or Bud.

Hard cider.  Haven't had. But AO's Stone Dry intrigues me.

Soda.  Red Bull. But I only have it once a month or so. And midday at latest, otherwise it keeps me up. Love the flavor, though.

Lemonade.  No. 

Iced tea.   Gold Peak. Unsweetened. No lemon. But it's a diuretic so I need to watch it.

Water.  Predominately. And very cold but no ice. Usually from my sink filter, but if I go out, I love Waiakea.
Is this sig thing on?

I like tea with milk and sugar. I drink it three times a day.   After tea my favorite drink milk.  I drink about a gallon and a half of milk a week. This includes the milk I put in my tea and cereal.
                                                         T4618

I missed the hot chocolate, hot cider and broth, but no to all three. Never had broth, except within a soup, and it's usually too warm for the other two, though I do like them. Hot chocolate was always a mainstay of breakfast at my grandparents' near Cleveland, with square waffles with Mrs. Butterworths and lots of butter, bacon, sausage and maybe toast or Entenmann's.
Is this sig thing on?

(02-09-2020, 04:02 PM)c172 Wrote: I missed the hot chocolate, hot cider and broth, but no to all three. Never had broth, except within a soup, and it's usually too warm for the other two, though I do like them. Hot chocolate was always a mainstay of breakfast at my grandparents' near Cleveland, with square waffles with Mrs. Butterworths and lots of butter, bacon, sausage and maybe toast or Entenmann's.

Those were just my particular likes. Everybody's list will be different.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

For breakfast: coffee and/or milk.

Lunch and dinner: Unsweetened ice-tea.

What is my most favorite drink: 40 yo scotch.

What are my most common drinks: Coffee, milk, randomly flavored water.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

I typically drink a couple iced teas a day, but never drink coffee, sodas, or alcohol.

Cold water mostly. Black coffee and tea. Occasionally beer. IPAs, Guinness Stout. Red wine , sometimes a dry white.
One thing you never see: A guy in Boston Mass. with a Union flag yelling "The Nawth's gonna rise again!"

Water: a couple of glasses a day, black coffee and tea, Beer: Guinness and Belgian beers, Hard liquor: Irish Whiskey- Jameson, Redbreast and Green Spot

I picked coffee, I drink that in the mornings, water all afternoon, usually wine (omission!) or beer with dinner.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Water, coffee, wine, beer, tea.  

Basically in order of preference and consumption.
god, ugh

Beer, Guiness Extra Stout, Corona Familiar.
Diet Cola, or Dr. Pepper.
Tea, lapsang souchang, or black tea.

Occasionally, dark rum (with cola). Cruzan Black Strap rum.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

(02-09-2020, 10:50 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: Beer, Guiness Extra Stout, Corona Familiar.
Diet Cola, or Dr. Pepper.
Tea, lapsang souchang, or black tea.

Occasionally, dark rum (with cola).  Cruzan Black Strap rum.

Rum and coka cola?  Ahhhhhhh...sigh.....that reminds me of a fun old song. Fun to dance to.  "You vex me. You vex me".  

T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dānu

By volume, water first, then coffee.

Sometimes Nestle Splash.

This will sound weird but when it's cold I drink 4 times watered down Campbell's cream soups. (chicken/celery/mushroon/broccoli)
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Dānu

Coffee
Other - Four Loko

Carbonated spring water for me.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Coffee: preferably done in a vacuum pot. It really is the best way.

Water: Gotta have that Brita on the tap, though. Otherwise you could use city water around here for sandpaper.

Fruit juices: Especially grapefruit juice. I've also been known to use coconut water in my above-referenced coffee pot, and that's a whole 'nother kind of amazing.

Sparkling water: from a vintage soda syphon, of course.

Liquor: I'm a gin drinker (mainly 6:1 dry martinis), with a side line in bourbons, ryes and Irish whiskys.
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 1 user Likes trdsf's post:
  • Dānu

(02-09-2020, 03:20 PM)Dānu Wrote: What's your favorite thing or things to drink?

My likes:

Coffee.  I drink a lot of coffee, but I'm not a connoisseur.  I like breakfast blends, Columbian, and mixing it up with French or Italian roast from time to time.  I take it black, but like an occasional latte w/hazelnut.

Tea.  Again, not a connoisseur, but I like Oolongs, puerhs, blacks in general, and Lapsang Souchong.  Herbals are way low on my list, along with green tea.

Hot cocoa and hot cider.  I keep plenty on hand for when I tire of coffee or tea, or need something sweet and hot.

Broth.  My favorites are tomato flavored and spicy or pho flavored pastes, but I drink a lot of chicken as well.

Sparkling water.  Lime is my go-to flavor, but I like La Croix coconut and Whole Foods Market's ginger flavor.  I've found Ice Mountain brand tastes better than either La Croix or generics.  I don't know why.

Tequila.  My favorite hard liquor, by far.  I prefer grassy or citrusey tequilas to the peppery ones, and I prefer reposados over Anejos and Blancos.

Beer.  I don't have a favorite.  I like porters and IPAs and stouts, but concentrate on "everyday drinking beers" these days.

Hard cider.  I like Strongbow best, but haven't really sampled many different ones beyond Strongbow and Angry Orchard.

Soda.  I generally don't drink soda, but I like Pepsi, Sprite, cream soda, and ginger beer.

Lemonade.  My favorite sweet drink flavor.  Along with other classics like grape and cherry.

Iced tea.  I used to drink iced tea almost exclusively, but it takes more work to prepare it, so I don't drink it very often.  I prefer fresh brewed over powdered mix.

Water.  Spring water preferred.  My local grocery chain sells a good tasting generic.

So everything is your favorite thing to drink.   Big Grin
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dānu

I only drink water, and occasionally tea, but that's just water with extra steps.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

The following 1 user Likes Aegon's post:
  • Dānu

Water, sparkling water, coffee, tea, smoothies.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

H and 2 O
RC Cola
Yoo-Hoo
Ovaltine
The blood of my enemies

(02-09-2020, 03:47 PM)c172 Wrote: Sparkling water: Topo Chico.

fmop. It's the brand I've been getting lately.
Is this sig thing on?

Coffee, unsweetened iced-tea, sparkling water (Topo Chico lime rocks!), and the occasional beer. Oh, and whole milk with breakfast when I eat it a couple of times a week.
On hiatus.

I've only seen plain, but I think that brand is more popular in TX.
Is this sig thing on?