Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really tough science questions.

Please spoiler your answers.

Q1. What do you call it when 1/2 of a planet eclipses the other 1/2?
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Show ContentSpoiler:
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Paleophyte

Show ContentSpoiler:

Question #2:  How were cavemen capable of saddling dinosaurs and putting them to work?
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

Question #2:  How were cavemen capable of saddling dinosaurs and putting them to work?  No .. really?
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

(01-20-2020, 02:54 AM)Mark Wrote: Question #2:  How were cavemen capable of saddling dinosaurs and putting them to work?  No .. really?

There's a highly acclaimed and universally praised for it's historical accuracy documentary cartoon available called 'The Flintstones' should you care to watch it Big Grin
Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid.
The following 1 user Likes possibletarian's post:
  • Mark

Surprisingly, science was not my favorite subject in school.
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Dancefortwo

(01-20-2020, 02:33 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:
Show ContentSpoiler:

Show ContentSpoiler:
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

(01-20-2020, 02:47 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: Surprisingly, science was not my favorite subject in school.

In my high school Biology class I spent most of the time in the back of the class either daydreaming or chatting with the school pot head nicknamed Bonehead.  I never knew his real name.  He got that name because he was cooking something on a cast iron skillet and somehow, in a state of drugged confusion, the pot fell on his head.  

I was a painfully shy, extremely thin, wallflower of a girl but somehow Bonehead and I got along very well.  We only chatted in Biology class. As soon as the bell rang we parted our ways and went to our prospective social circles.  I, with my other wallflower, undatable girlfriends and Bonehead, with his bad boy, biker types.  I wonder whatever happend to Bonehead.  Pretty sure he didn't go into any of the sciences.  

Sorry about the off topic story but at least it did have something to do with science....sort of.  Blush
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Mark, brunumb, Alan V

(01-20-2020, 04:37 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 02:47 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: Surprisingly, science was not my favorite subject in school.

In my high school Biology class I spent most of the time in the back of the class either daydreaming or chatting with the school pot head nicknamed Bonehead.  I never knew his real name.  He got that name because he was cooking something on a cast iron skillet and somehow, in a state of drugged confusion, the pot fell on his head.  

I was a painfully shy, extremely thin, wallflower of a girl but somehow Bonehead and I got along very well.  We only chatted in Biology class. As soon as the bell rang we parted our ways and went to our prospective social circles.  I, with my other wallflower, undatable girlfriends and Bonehead, with his bad boy, biker types.  I wonder whatever happend to Bonehead.  Pretty sure he didn't go into any of the sciences.  

Sorry about the off topic story but at least it did have something to do with science....sort of.  Blush

I could be described as painfully shy around the same period.  I wonder if online forums basically select for our sort?
F. D.
The following 2 users Like Mark's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Alan V

(01-20-2020, 05:45 PM)Mark Wrote:

I could be described as painfully shy around the same period.  I wonder if online forums basically select for our sort?

Well, I'm not so shy now.  I prefer being around people which is why I hated being an art major.  It's a lonely thing, art is.  I loved the social aspect of theatre so I majored in theatre design.  Forums are more of creative writing outlet for me.  

Anyway,  science has been a recent interest of mine.  I was amazed at the first black hole photographed several months ago.  That was stunning!
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Alan V

I streaked one of my high school pep sessions when I was fifteen. Chuckle
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Mark

(01-20-2020, 05:53 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 04:37 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: In my high school Biology class I spent most of the time in the back of the class either daydreaming or chatting with the school pot head nicknamed Bonehead.  I never knew his real name.  He got that name because he was cooking something on a cast iron skillet and somehow, in a state of drugged confusion, the pot fell on his head.  

Well, I'm not so shy now.  I prefer being around people which is why I hated being an art major.  It's a lonely thing, art is.  I loved the social aspect of theatre so I majored in theatre design.  Forums are more of creative writing outlet for me.  

Anyway,  science has been a recent interest of mine.  I was amazed at the first black hole photographed several months ago.  That was stunning!

I'd say "shy" no longer fits perfectly here either.  I can be outgoing but I know that it is a very strong preference to have regular time for solitude as well.

My wife actually started out in theatre but got into weaving at Cal under Ed Rossbach and ended up showing internationally whle still in school.  She doesn't show any signs of wanting to stop despite my repeated suggestions to give retirement a chance.  Oh, but she did take something away from theatre.  She both comfortable and good at public speaking.
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • Dancefortwo

plot homogeneous expansion

(01-21-2020, 12:30 PM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: plot homogeneous expansion

CH. 1. Man is found dead in locked room.

(01-21-2020, 12:41 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

plot it bitch or stfu. lmao

ok fucknut, or anybody....
show me an electron.
I love the one or the many.

(01-21-2020, 12:45 PM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 12:41 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

plot it bitch or stfu. lmao

That is the plot. /Marple

fair enough, I can't do it so why would I think a mere mortal can
show the electron???/???.....insults???

+ 1 =

Therefore 1 cannot be a whole number.  Yes or no?
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

(01-21-2020, 01:52 PM)SYZ Wrote: + 1 =

1 is singular.

Singularities are black holes.

Black holes can't be added to infinity, they already enclose infinity.

So there.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • SYZ

Q2. Why is up in the direction that it is?
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

(01-21-2020, 09:22 PM)Dānu Wrote: Q2. Why is up in the direction that it is?

It was the only one available at the time.

No. Infinity is not a number. Please stop mathing with it.
The following 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post:
  • Fireball

(01-22-2020, 01:16 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:

No. Infinity is not a number. Please stop mathing with it.

It is, but it is a cardinal not an ordinal.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 3 users Like Chas's post:
  • SYZ, Fireball, Paleophyte