Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paltrow Selling Candle That Smell Like Her Vagina
Big Grin 
My first response was of course an unmitigated eeewwwwww!  Seriously?  (Sorry ladies; been there, done that.)

Gwyneth has made a candle called 'This Smells Like My Vagina' for her website, Goop.

[Image: 5000.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma...8d7c3482be]

"Whole religions have been founded trying to answer the big questions: what is the meaning of life? What
is reality? How can we cope with the concept of mortality? Goop is a quasi-religion in itself, from its messianic
head figure, its deluded self-belief, its ludicrous claims and its overflowing bank account accrued from the
desperate and vulnerable, estimated to exceed $250m.

It has answered perhaps the greatest question of all: what does Gwyneth’s vagina smell like? According to
the candle, it is a “funny, gorgeous, sexy and beautifully unexpected scent”, a mix of “geranium, citrusy
bergamot, and cedar absolutes juxtaposed with damask rose and ambrette seed”.

To which one can only say: boy, Gwyneth sure does spend a lot of time up there to have picked up on all
that. I’ve read entire wine menus with fewer descriptive references."

—Personally, I dunno whether to be outraged, disgusted, amused, or pitying this poor excuse for supposedly
enlightened, modern womanhood.  I'm also having a problem understanding why any woman with a functional
brain would pay $110 for a fucking scented candle that supposedly smells like another woman's vagina.  Maybe
Paltrow is playing on some sort of lesbian fantasy?  Whatever, Paltrow definitely hasn't been where I've been!
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • grympy, GenesisNemesis

She's a special kind of cray.
The following 2 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Jenny

(01-14-2020, 01:30 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: She's a special kind of cray.

I once saw her as the guest  on that genealogy show.  Fair dinkum, I couldn't work out if it's that she has depth of a petrie dish,   
the intellect of a house plant , is pig ignorant, gullible or simply dishonest.   Could be a combination I guess. That she has continued  selling her crap after it has been thoroughly debunked, suggests dishonest, at the every least.  Angry

I think it was P T Barnum who said something like" nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence or the taste of the general public."
The following 3 users Like grympy's post:
  • Phaedrus, Tres Leches, SYZ

So.... they have skanky scented candles.

(01-14-2020, 01:51 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote: So.... they have skanky scented candles.

Yair. I gather insults have moved on a bit since I was a young un;

Used to be 'moll' if a girl was smidge promiscuous. A 'slut' tended to be one who slept with married blokes. 

Of course a man who behaved the same way was referred to, with envy as 'a root rat' .Definitely described  my brother.  He spent so much time in his youth sowing his wild oats  he was rarely seen perpendicular.  That ceased  immediately  and forever from  the day he was married, 30 years ago. A top bloke, my brother . Thumbs Up

Of course you need to realise that the sexual revolution of the 1960's didn't reach aunty Adelaide until 1980.

I would buy one!
One thing you never see: A guy in Boston Mass. with a Union flag yelling "The Nawth's gonna rise again!"
The following 1 user Likes Chimp3's post:
  • Mark

Um  Huh  wut?

Is this supposed to be marked for other women?  Is it for lesbian women? I don't think men would buy it.  Geez  Facepalm there are many women who  I find embarrassing they belong to the same gender as myself and she's one of them. Any female with the last name Kardashian is also on my list and the current wife and daughter of the idiot in the White House are two more.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Phaedrus, GenesisNemesis

(01-14-2020, 01:27 AM)SYZ Wrote: To which one can only say: boy, Gwyneth sure does spend a lot of time UP  there to have picked up on all that.

You mean DOWN there.   Whistling
                                                         T4618
  • Mark, SYZ

I don't have time for a candle. Is there a scratch and sniff version?
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Mark, SYZ

Well, there's no way for us to verify whether the label is true.
I mean, when I buy a pumpkin scented or a vanilla cookie scented candle, it calls up memories of those real scents in my mind.
But naming the candle after her genitalia is a masterful marketing move. Everybody's talking about it! Ka-ching!

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 4 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Chimp3, Mark, GenesisNemesis, Gwaithmir

Can you imagine the amount of crap her daughter gets at school?
The following 3 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Mark, Fireball, GenesisNemesis

(01-14-2020, 02:40 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Um  Huh  wut?

Is this supposed to be marked for other women?  Is it for lesbian women? I don't think men would buy it.  Geez  Facepalm there are many women who  I find embarrassing they belong to the same gender as myself and she's one of them. Any female with the last name Kardashian is also on my list and the current wife and daughter of the idiot in the White House are two more.

Am I allowed to say "you women are weird"? Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • SYZ

I used to insist that if I came home and smelled apple pie, it better be a pie in the oven and not a candle. Now that I am 60 years old and single I could make an exception.
One thing you never see: A guy in Boston Mass. with a Union flag yelling "The Nawth's gonna rise again!"
The following 1 user Likes Chimp3's post:
  • SYZ

(01-14-2020, 01:51 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote: So.... they have skanky scented candles.

*multi-millionaire* skanky scented candles.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • Mark

Probably just made with some cheap fish oil. But I'd have to do a direct comparison to be sure. Personally I like the scent of a woman but I don't think I'd enjoy it as a general background scent. Lets keep it where it belongs and visit it there.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 3 users Like Mark's post:
  • Tres Leches, Fireball, brewerb

(01-14-2020, 03:20 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:

Yes......yes you are.   Nod
                                                         T4618
  • Mark, GenesisNemesis

(01-14-2020, 04:04 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 03:20 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:

Yes......yes you are.   Nod

@GenesisNemesis  but only on a Monday when the moon is in a waning crescent phase. Any "you women are weird" tomfoolery on other days will summon up the sisterhood mafia, look out.  Girl_devil Tongue 

-Teresa

The following 2 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Fireball

(01-14-2020, 04:17 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: @GenesisNemesis  but only on a Monday when the moon is in a waning crescent phase. Any "you women are weird" tomfoolery on other days will summon up the sisterhood mafia, look out.  Girl_devil Tongue 

-Teresa

What is it with women and the bloody moon anyhow?   Tongue
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 2 users Like Mark's post:
  • Tres Leches, GenesisNemesis

Maybe she and the company selling dildos to support firefighting in Australia could get together and have a dildo candle that smells like Gwyneth Paltrow's vigina.
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Mark, brewerb

Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.

It can’t be authentic GOOP vag scent without notes of jade egg and steam, methinks.
god, ugh

(01-14-2020, 01:30 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: She's a special kind of cra[z]y.

Perhaps, but she's definitely laughing all the way to the bank.  Dodgy
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

The candle wax should at least be clear. Thick and white makes me think of a specific discharge.

She has 12% of a brain.

An argument could be made for 15%.
  [Image: pirates.gif] Dog  

(01-14-2020, 11:59 AM)brewerb Wrote: The candle wax should at least be clear. Thick and white makes me think of a specific discharge.

Don't give her any ideas. She'll come up with a candle that smells like semen next.  Facepalm
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)