Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Researchers identify more than 100 toxic chemicals in cannabis smoke

On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball, Old Man Marsh

If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

...and to put it in perspective, even as a young teen, I knew that this was bullshit.  ROFL2

If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

On hiatus.

Newsflash: Inhaling low temperature combustion products is bad for you! Don't suck on an exhaust pipe or stick your head down a chimney. Further research has determined that it's even less healthy to be the combustion source.

FFS, it'd be a miracle if cannabis smoke didn't contain benzo[a]pyrene and all of its polycyclic aromatic class 1 carcinogenic friends. That's simply what you expect from any type of burning plant matter. As many people have pointed out, the big difference is the amount smoked. Very few individuals could come anywhere near your average tobacco addict's daily intake by using cannabis and those that do probably have a lot more immediate worries than cancer. Being that utterly baked 24/7 simply can't be good for you.

I tried pot once but didn't enjoy it. It's the only time that I ever broke my third rule of etiquette: Don't put it in your mouth if it's on fire. I ate a lot of popcorn and spent a while giggling uncontrollably at a kleenex box. A box of snot rags shouldn't have that much inherent comedic value. I may try edibles some day. They seem more my speed.
The following 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post:
  • Dom

(07-01-2020, 07:26 AM)Paleophyte Wrote: Newsflash: Inhaling low temperature combustion products is bad for you! Don't suck on an exhaust pipe or stick your head down a chimney. Further research has determined that it's even less healthy to be the combustion source.

FFS, it'd be a miracle if cannabis smoke didn't contain benzo[a]pyrene and all of its polycyclic aromatic class 1 carcinogenic friends. That's simply what you expect from any type of burning plant matter. As many people have pointed out, the big difference is the amount smoked. Very few individuals could come anywhere near your average tobacco addict's daily intake by using cannabis and those that do probably have a lot more immediate worries than cancer. Being that utterly baked 24/7 simply can't be good for you.

I tried pot once but didn't enjoy it. It's the only time that I ever broke my third rule of etiquette: Don't put it in your mouth if it's on fire. I ate a lot of popcorn and spent a while giggling uncontrollably at a kleenex box. A box of snot rags shouldn't have that much inherent comedic value. I may try edibles some day. They seem more my speed.

Edibles or vaping the actual herb, not possibly contaminated oils. It's easy to avoid combustion.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

(07-01-2020, 01:39 PM)Dom Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 07:26 AM)Paleophyte Wrote: Newsflash: Inhaling low temperature combustion products is bad for you! Don't suck on an exhaust pipe or stick your head down a chimney. Further research has determined that it's even less healthy to be the combustion source.

Edibles or vaping the actual herb, not possibly contaminated oils. It's easy to avoid combustion.
Ingestion rocks! I ate a quarter of chocolate chip cookie one night about six. I gave up and crawled to bed about 9. I woke up about 2 am still stoned. I was wondering if I was going to be able to drive the next day. When I got up at 6 I found my friendly stranger had left me six cookies!

Another great thing about edibles is no second-hand exposure. Boss Lady is subject to random drug testing and I would never smoke around her. Cookies, on the gripping hand...

AND I have COPD so I wouldn't smoke anyway. I've tried suffocation before, not a fan.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Dom, The thing about that contaminated vaping oil was it was contaminated by design.
The stock THC oil that people tried to use was engineered for topical use not vaping. It was a terrible tragedy, but one that a regular manufacturer would never make.

(07-01-2020, 02:16 PM)skyking Wrote: Dom, The thing about that contaminated vaping oil was it was contaminated by design.
The stock THC oil that people tried to use was engineered for topical use not vaping. It was a terrible tragedy, but one that a regular manufacturer would never make.

Obviously, or we would have seen a lot more cases. It was a blip. 

That said, I am not a friend of consuming processed items when it is just as easy to consume the real thing. Mistakes happen in processing, and chemicals are used, when vaping actual herbs is just as easy as vaping oils. There is no difference except the possibility of tampering or human mistakes.

Edibles too, it's super easy to make cannabutter in a crockpot. throw it in, take it out later. It's way cheaper and you know no one but you sneezed in it. 

It's a personal preference, but I do like keeping things real and as natural as possible. Especially in today's corona environment.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

(06-29-2020, 02:25 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Never smoked it.  One time when I was about 11 a friend and I dared each other to smoke a cigar. We both ended up getting sick to our stomach so I've never smoked anything since.   My daughter cooked up some heavily laced brownies for a D & D party she was having and offered me a couple.  She and her friends were having a glorious time but it did nothing for me at all.  I don't get what all the fuss is about.   Dunno

Yeah, same here. On a lark a few years ago, not long after Colorado legalized weed, my wife and I flew there and tried it out. She had done a fair bit of experimentation in her youth in California, but I had never tried any recreational drugs. We were both disappointed. My wife was way more impressed with it in her teens and 20s than in her late 50s, and all it seemed to do to me is make my face feel oddly tight. We rented a car and surreptitiously drove home with some vapes and edibles, and my wife has used it occasionally for joint pain, but I never took to it even for medicinal use.

Anecdotally, it's been noted that often someone's first experience with marijuana wasn't really a buzz at all. I know my first time wasn't.
On hiatus.

So, no LD50 for any of those chemicals?
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

(07-07-2020, 01:08 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Anecdotally, it's been noted that often someone's first experience with marijuana wasn't really a buzz at all. I know my first time wasn't.

It broke my face. My cousins kept grinning at me.
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

[Image: 200.gif]
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • skyking