Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Y-Chromosome Study 'Confirms' Genesis (?)

Creation "Science" is a morally bankrupt abuse of science and scripture both. Ask your sister why she needs scientific evidence if she has faith.
The following 2 users Like Paleophyte's post:
  • Deesse23, Mathilda

Creation science has as much validity as military intelligence.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

I just scratched my ass, wanna smell my finger?

(01-09-2020, 03:03 PM)SYZ Wrote: Creation science has as much validity as military intelligence.

As so stated in the conclusion of Judge John Jones' decision in the Dover v. Kitzmiller trial.

Quote:H.Conclusion  The proper application of both the endorsement and Lemon tests to the facts of this case makes it abundantly clear that the Board’s ID Policy violates the Establishment Clause. In making this determination, we have addressed the seminal question of whether ID is science. We have concluded that it is not, and moreover that ID cannot uncouple itself from its creationist, and thus religious,antecedents.

Judge Jones was a Dubya appointee which pisses the creatards off no end!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Paleophyte, brunumb

(01-08-2020, 03:18 PM)brewerb Wrote: It's baffling that the believers use evolution to both prove and disprove the bible.

I find it interesting that believers reject science but, continually try to use science to "prove" their belief(s) to nonbelievers.
For some reason, they seem to also demand that nonbelievers use god to "prove" scientific discoveries.
Neither of those things can happen.

Science does not "prove" anything - it never has.
Science can only disprove a thing. Shy

The best part is the ID "scientists" refused to testify, because they knew ID wasn't ready to try to stand up in court. And, of course, it never will.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

(01-09-2020, 06:58 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
(01-09-2020, 03:03 PM)SYZ Wrote: Creation science has as much validity as military intelligence.

As so stated in the conclusion of Judge John Jones' decision in the Dover v. Kitzmiller trial.

Quote:H.Conclusion  The proper application of both the endorsement and Lemon tests to the facts of this case makes it abundantly clear that the Board’s ID Policy violates the Establishment Clause. In making this determination, we have addressed the seminal question of whether ID is science. We have concluded that it is not, and moreover that ID cannot uncouple itself from its creationist, and thus religious,antecedents.

Judge Jones was a Dubya appointee which pisses the creatards off no end!

Behe admitted in that trial that Intelligent Design was not science.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...eationist/
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Dancefortwo

I guess this was one mess that "jesus" couldn't get them out of.  Weak performance by a so-called "god."
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

(01-09-2020, 07:21 PM)Kim Wrote: edit

Science does not "prove" anything - it never has.  
edit

I hope you don't mind that I disagree. Physics proved that I was not at fault in a car accident.

Unless you and I are going to haggle over the definition of "prove(d)".
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Kim

Thank you very much for all of the replies. It's going to take me a little time to process them all.

:: hug ::
“If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
The following 3 users Like EverythingForever's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, SYZ, Paleophyte